Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Both ADF and UPDX are doing well in regionals. Westside, not so much. Are they even here? I remember when they were good though. Ina year or two no one will remember this though as the sun is setting on Westside. Living in the past aint bad though.

Lol this farwest covidship in Iderho is such a joke cal north sent some of their founders cup participants to compete vs an Oregon state cup champ...no joke oregon ran up score to 11 on em for making a mockery of the event.not to mention thesebpiir Oregonians spent thousands on travel and lodging.how rude.

Comment

Both ADF and UPDX are doing well in regionals. Westside, not so much. Are they even here? I remember when they were good though. Ina year or two no one will remember this though as the sun is setting on Westside. Living in the past aint bad though.
      Westside 03b 1st Oregon team to officially advance to QF's from Oregon this AM, seems like these westside cats continue to freeze time..dang samo, samo--- win and advance.. Meanwhile the other Oregon pay to lose clubs crawl back home after pool play in the watered down farwest covidship.

Comment

Westside 03b 1st Oregon team to officially advance to QF's from Oregon this AM, seems like these westside cats continue to freeze time..dang samo, samo--- win and advance.. Meanwhile the other Oregon pay to lose clubs crawl back home after pool play in the watered down farwest covidship.
        I don't know what garbage you are spewing. At least 3 of the UPDX teams have moved on out of group play with a 4th likely. ADF07 also moved on. What is wrong with you? You can't have it both ways - (falsely) touting that Westside's ONE team moved on and calling watered down.

Like it or not (and I'm definitely not saying I do), UPDX has built something big that will last a few years based on good recruiting. Kids and parents want to win and they are delivering the goods at home. Westside can live in the past all they want but the future- for the moment - is at UPDX.

Comment

I don't know what garbage you are spewing. At least 3 of the UPDX teams have moved on out of group play with a 4th likely. ADF07 also moved on. What is wrong with you? You can't have it both ways - (falsely) touting that Westside's ONE team moved on and calling watered down.

Like it or not (and I'm definitely not saying I do), UPDX has built something big that will last a few years based on good recruiting. Kids and parents want to win and they are delivering the goods at home. Westside can live in the past all they want but the future- for the moment - is at UPDX.
          Westside is winning in the present and advancing. Sorry if their group play concluded before any others. We all forget you predicted that Covid-19 would lock the world down for nearly 2 years-- so I guess we should listen when you prognosticate about the anomalies of 2021 oregon club soccer and take heed this is the future-- given your body of work & foretelling acumen.

BTW, it's premium unleaded & thanks for cleaning the windshield. Remember to hydrate and stay in the shade.

Comment

"based on good recruiting"... I suppose, if you call "offering ODP slots to club-hoppers" and "poaching players from a club that hired you as a guest coach" to be "good recruiting".

It will be interesting to see what happens when the Timbers make their 06 cuts. (Or maybe they don't, and send the rest of the 05s packing). UPDX is the current state champs; would they demote their current kids to the B team to make room for Academy castoffs? I'm sure they'll try, and justify the lack of commitment to their existing kids based on "robust competition"--but demand said kids fulfill their financial commitment to UPDX should they try and leave.

MJ Tate is no longer the biggest slimeball in Oregon youth soccer.

Comment

"based on good recruiting"... I suppose, if you call "offering ODP slots to club-hoppers" and "poaching players from a club that hired you as a guest coach" to be "good recruiting".

It will be interesting to see what happens when the Timbers make their 06 cuts. (Or maybe they don't, and send the rest of the 05s packing). UPDX is the current state champs; would they demote their current kids to the B team to make room for Academy castoffs? I'm sure they'll try, and justify the lack of commitment to their existing kids based on "robust competition"--but demand said kids fulfill their financial commitment to UPDX should they try and leave.

MJ Tate is no longer the biggest slimeball in Oregon youth soccer.
              You are 100% correct. I should have said "successful" recruiting, rather than "good" recruiting. I don't condone it but it is working. I'm sure he will spew the same BS to the 06s after the culling as he has to the 07s. We have "TWO PREMIER GOLD TEAMS" (propped up by shuffling the best kids between both to make sure they both do well). Everyone is a winner! Meanwhile, no one is happy and half the kids get screwed. Slimeballs abound over there.

Comment

You are 100% correct. I should have said "successful" recruiting, rather than "good" recruiting. I don't condone it but it is working. I'm sure he will spew the same BS to the 06s after the culling as he has to the 07s. We have "TWO PREMIER GOLD TEAMS" (propped up by shuffling the best kids between both to make sure they both do well). Everyone is a winner! Meanwhile, no one is happy and half the kids get screwed. Slimeballs abound over there.
                But when State Cup rolls around, there suddenly becomes an A team, and a B team--with the B team possibly not getting to go.

Comment

What will happen to UPDX's 07 team, now U15, when the next MLS Season starts?

If I recall correctly--when DA shut down last year, the Timbers dropped their U13 and U14 programs, meaning that the 07s (U13) the prior year found themselves without a team. Many of them went to UPDX rather than return to their old clubs.

Assuming that many of them will go back to Timbers this fall... not necessarily all of them, given that two additional years of development might mean some early-bloomers are no longer of any interest to the Academy, and some late bloomers might take their place.

But it would be interesting to see if BM can win with talent he actually nurtures and develops, not talent that he recruits and assembles.

Comment

If I recall correctly--when DA shut down last year, the Timbers dropped their U13 and U14 programs, meaning that the 07s (U13) the prior year found themselves without a team. Many of them went to UPDX rather than return to their old clubs.

Assuming that many of them will go back to Timbers this fall... not necessarily all of them, given that two additional years of development might mean some early-bloomers are no longer of any interest to the Academy, and some late bloomers might take their place.

But it would be interesting to see if BM can win with talent he actually nurtures and develops, not talent that he recruits and assembles.
                    Their second team was composed of quite a few of the 08 timbers discovery/ 08 ODP kids. They will be just fine this year. Will dominate again. Their older boys did well too so I doubt UODX will be a one year wonder.

Comment

The 07s are only losing 3 to the academy and got 5 new kids in that can easily replace those 3. Maybe a total of 10-11 new across the top 2 premier teams. Both premier teams will be stronger this year than last.

Comment

In regionals UPDX is carrying Oregon. Will see how the rest of the play goes to see if this continues.

Comment

The 07s are only losing 3 to the academy and got 5 new kids in that can easily replace those 3. Maybe a total of 10-11 new across the top 2 premier teams. Both premier teams will be stronger this year than last.
                          So they lost 3 kids to the academy (which I know is true) but added 5 kids that are better and the Academy missed (lie) thanks for the laugh Brandon.

I think westside 06 lost 6 or 7 to the though academy . They will be hurting next year

Comment

So they lost 3 kids to the academy (which I know is true) but added 5 kids that are better and the Academy missed (lie) thanks for the laugh Brandon.

I think westside 06 lost 6 or 7 to the though academy . They will be hurting next year
                            Westside 06s or 07s?

06 TA picks were largely made several years ago.

07 picks were made, the 07 TA played in DA at U13 two years ago, then was dropped when DA folded. 07 TA resumes this fall I think, and 06 herd will be thinned as it merges into combined 05/06 team.

Comment

Not better than, but equal to for sure. One turned down his TA spot and the other 4 were certainly in the TA/ODP/Discovery team mix. And we all know these TA kids will bounce back and forth over the next few years. Happens every year. UPDX will be just fine.

Comment

Westside 06s or 07s?

06 TA picks were largely made several years ago.

07 picks were made, the 07 TA played in DA at U13 two years ago, then was dropped when DA folded. 07 TA resumes this fall I think, and 06 herd will be thinned as it merges into combined 05/06 team.
                                07 westside, the post replied to was about 07s

07 TA officially starts August 2nd but over half the team has been training with the 06s week in and week out already.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X