Surf Father’s Day Tournament?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a Bayside parent. Just a parent with a life whose coach signed their kid up for a tournament that didn’t bother to even put out a bracket until a week before the tournament, so I was wondering if it would even happen. RI is a funny state. So defensive of a simple question. As for Bayside, at the time of my question/post, they didn’t have schedule either and had a few brackets with only 2 teams or brackets with just Bayside teams. Haven’t checked since and don’t care. I only checked to see if Surf was the only one not to post. It wasn’t much better as of Sunday though. Three clubs tried to have tournaments. Now only 2 still exist and both are lacking. God forbid the RI clubs put aside their egos and have an RI combined tournament, put out a good product, and split the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Let’s look at the clubs participating for both tournaments and see who have better competitions for U11 and higher. I will leave out affiliations. You be the judge.

Surf
      1. CT Rush
      2. Seacoast (solid club)
      3. Bruno
      4. Cumberland
      5. Juventus
      6. Western United Pioneers

Bayside
      1. Mach 1
      2. Aguilitas
      3. NEFC (solid club)
      4. Oakwood (solid club)
      5. Scorpions (solid club)
      6. South Shore Select (solid club)
      7. CLCF
      8. Spirit of Liverpool
      9. Coliseum Blaze (NY)
      10. Juventus
      11. South Central CT
      12. Epic SC (WV)
      13. Sudbury Academy

Very convenient Bayside mom/dad/employee, that you are leaving out u9 and u10. Why are you leaving those teams out? Yes, Bayside has more clubs attending, but, they still have only 64 teams vs Surf 162. Some of the high end clubs you are listing are sending only 1 or 2 teams total to the Bayside tournament, and they are mostly their extremely low level teams. I would rather be at a tournament where there are less "town" clubs and more teams from the high end clubs, so each age group has competitive games. By the way, you conveniently left out a few clubs that are attending the Surf tournament.

Don't just list club names, actually look at the teams they are sending. Then you will see the Surf tournament has won in the race with Bayside for a competitive Fathers Day tournament. Point being, I can basically list every team that will win each bracket at the Bayside tournament, can't do that for the Surf tournament. That is the difference. Prove me wrong.

Comment

Not a Bayside parent. Just a parent with a life whose coach signed their kid up for a tournament that didn’t bother to even put out a bracket until a week before the tournament, so I was wondering if it would even happen. RI is a funny state. So defensive of a simple question. As for Bayside, at the time of my question/post, they didn’t have schedule either and had a few brackets with only 2 teams or brackets with just Bayside teams. Haven’t checked since and don’t care. I only checked to see if Surf was the only one not to post. It wasn’t much better as of Sunday though. Three clubs tried to have tournaments. Now only 2 still exist and both are lacking. God forbid the RI clubs put aside their egos and have an RI combined tournament, put out a good product, and split the money.
        This Bayside parent agrees with this non-Bayside parent - it's about time to move on from the divorce. Parents will kick in an extra $20 for club fees for weekly therapy sessions.

Comment

Very convenient Bayside mom/dad/employee, that you are leaving out u9 and u10. Why are you leaving those teams out? Yes, Bayside has more clubs attending, but, they still have only 64 teams vs Surf 162. Some of the high end clubs you are listing are sending only 1 or 2 teams total to the Bayside tournament, and they are mostly their extremely low level teams. I would rather be at a tournament where there are less "town" clubs and more teams from the high end clubs, so each age group has competitive games. By the way, you conveniently left out a few clubs that are attending the Surf tournament.

Don't just list club names, actually look at the teams they are sending. Then you will see the Surf tournament has won in the race with Bayside for a competitive Fathers Day tournament. Point being, I can basically list every team that will win each bracket at the Bayside tournament, can't do that for the Surf tournament. That is the difference. Prove me wrong.
          okay maybe an extra $40 in club fees... for some of the parents too

Comment

My bets are Seacoast and MA Surf will win their prospective brackets. RI Surf GU14 and BU11 with a good chance to win their bracket.

Comment

Yes, be more on point and dive down deeper in your analysis. Please provide rankings, win loss vs competition level, common opponent results. Have the information posted at 10am Thursday.

Your total team count also seems off. Remember the conversion; 3 surf teams equal 1 bayside team. As we know surf shares players like crazy with minimal rosters.

Comment

bayside is a joke.. everyone is leaving that club. all they do is talk **** about all clubs. they dont care about their players. they are there for a paycheck. .they legit have maybe 2 good coaches throughout the club. like outside of RI NOBODY KNOWS WHAT BAYSIDE IS.. . ppl only went to them because of the REVS.. soon they will be like the uncles club EASTBAY. OBSOLITE

Comment

bayside only cares about titles they don't care about development. unless they can get them to the revs because they get paid for each player. they also put some of their teams in low brackets in tournaments just so they can win.. because if you go to a finals and beat a team 8-0 guess what, you were in the wrong bracket.. especially when there are higher brackets. club is a joke all they care about is winning.. parents are blind and don't see what's out there with other REAL ACADEMYS ..

Comment

bayside only cares about titles they don't care about development. unless they can get them to the revs because they get paid for each player. they also put some of their teams in low brackets in tournaments just so they can win.. because if you go to a finals and beat a team 8-0 guess what, you were in the wrong bracket.. especially when there are higher brackets. club is a joke all they care about is winning.. parents are blind and don't see what's out there with other REAL ACADEMYS ..
                    surf spirit wearing fanboy is imploding-------Again
                    bro-remember - the toughest competition your club plays is in is Supeliga

Comment

Your total team count also seems off. Remember the conversion; 3 surf teams equal 1 bayside team. As we know surf shares players like crazy with minimal rosters.

I 110% agree with this. Surf does move players around to get them more game action, and they do not charge for the extra play. On the other hand, Bayside rosters are ridiculous in regard to #s. So enjoy playing there and getting no playing time (actually, enjoy not playing as your roster is HUGE). This has to be a first even for TS. Someone complaining that they are on a team with too many players. Anyone else want to be on a team playing 9v9 or 11v11 with 9 subs? I didn't think so. Carry on bay bay

Comment

surf spirit wearing fanboy is imploding-------Again
                        bro-remember - the toughest competition your club plays is in is Supeliga

Yeah, well our competition from Connecticut will be coming to play you this weekend. Let's see how that pans out for ya

Comment

I 110% agree with this. Surf does move players around to get them more game action, and they do not charge for the extra play. On the other hand, Bayside rosters are ridiculous in regard to #s. So enjoy playing there and getting no playing time (actually, enjoy not playing as your roster is HUGE). This has to be a first even for TS. Someone complaining that they are on a team with too many players. Anyone else want to be on a team playing 9v9 or 11v11 with 9 subs? I didn't think so. Carry on bay bay
                          Oh are you not a clever little Surf fan boy. First of all wrong on roster sizes. Second and more importantly we know the Surf MO. Have kids play on multiple teams in multiple games over the weekend to improve results. Zero consideration for the amount of wear and tear they are putting on growing bodies. We have all seen it at tournaments where players are in 6 11v11 games over a two day span....

Comment

Oh are you not a clever little Surf fan boy. First of all wrong on roster sizes. Second and more importantly we know the Surf MO. Have kids play on multiple teams in multiple games over the weekend to improve results. Zero consideration for the amount of wear and tear they are putting on growing bodies. We have all seen it at tournaments where players are in 6 11v11 games over a two day span....
                            Truth

Comment

Spot on to be honest I’d like to see what the counter argument towards this comment would be

Comment

Definitely for our top Surf players, max playing time is available through Surf and Superliga. Reality is, we realize it is all for gotsoccer points, marketing and money for the club via a bigger player pool.
                                As a parent many of us get caught up especially at the early ages...going for these meaningless trophies and false wins. The club makes it hard to say no when someone else will say yes.
                                Our family is taking a step back from this. We are finally realizing we are putting way too much mileage on our daughter at such a young pre-developed age. We actually feel stupid to have done it considering she needs her body and joints functioning for another 70+years.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X