Largo Fields

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Largo has been a dumpster fire of a club since before the TBU affiliation and nothing changed. That also hasn't really changed that the 2 tournaments AS ran were successful because they fit a need in the market. It is a local event for younger and lower level teams that doesn't cost too much. Being LU or having TBU or FP affiliated hasn't really helped or hurt that. So, I think the tournament will be just fine. He may just make less money on it if he has to pay for field rights to PP, Oldsmar and Tarpon.

Originally posted by Guest View Post

They said they are expecting 150 to 160 this season. Wonder if that was before everything happened and they lost their fields and FP slipt from them

Comment

The only good thing AS has done is run the 2 tournaments. He doesn't know how to run the club or the program that's obvious. Once he took over the tournaments went from being the clubs tournaments to his tournaments. He took the Halloween Tournament and put it under his llc and then the created the March Madness Tournament to add to their income. Now all he has left is the tournaments and soon a club will replace him on them.

Largo has been a dumpster fire of a club since before the TBU affiliation and nothing changed. That also hasn't really changed that the 2 tournaments AS ran were successful because they fit a need in the market. It is a local event for younger and lower level teams that doesn't cost too much. Being LU or having TBU or FP affiliated hasn't really helped or hurt that. So, I think the tournament will be just fine. He may just make less money on it if he has to pay for field rights to PP, Oldsmar and Tarpon.

Comment

The only good thing AS has done is run the 2 tournaments. He doesn't know how to run the club or the program that's obvious. Once he took over the tournaments went from being the clubs tournaments to his tournaments. He took the Halloween Tournament and put it under his llc and then the created the March Madness Tournament to add to their income. Now all he has left is the tournaments and soon a club will replace him on them.

Get over it Celtic. Your a Rec Club & will be till you disappear. Your hate for all competition around you is nothing but pure jealousy & arrogance. L

Comment

Get over it Celtic. Your a Rec Club & will be till you disappear. Your hate for all competition around you is nothing but pure jealousy & arrogance. L
          First off I'm not celtic. Second Celtic didn't go after the fields over hate for competition. They went after them over the fact largo was dying. Stop believing everything AS tells you. He even told his staff he knew of the Celtics making an offer to the city before FP was ever brought in. He brought them in because he was hoping it would save the club from being taken.
          then what did he do? Oh that's right he gave up the fight and handed celtic the fields. It's all public record if you don't think I'm telling the truth. Do your own research before you run your mouth.

Just to clarify he took over largo it was dying so he brought in Osceola which at the time was run by snoop or LF to help give them a bigger rec program. The club then was still dying so he ran to TBU and joined them and made largo someone what a club again. Then TBU asked for a cut from the tournaments so he ran and tried to do his own thing. After hearing kids wouldn't be coming back he brought in EL from Dunedin to give them a boost and it worked they went from 5 teams to 14. Well that didn't last long he couldn't let ELdo his job so he left and took a ton of players with and now here we are with you guys thinking this will work with FP. Guess what it didn't even make it to the season because of lies from AS and shady dealings.

So please know your facts first.

Comment

First off I'm not celtic. Second Celtic didn't go after the fields over hate for competition. They went after them over the fact largo was dying. Stop believing everything AS tells you. He even told his staff he knew of the Celtics making an offer to the city before FP was ever brought in. He brought them in because he was hoping it would save the club from being taken.
            then what did he do? Oh that's right he gave up the fight and handed celtic the fields. It's all public record if you don't think I'm telling the truth. Do your own research before you run your mouth.

Just to clarify he took over largo it was dying so he brought in Osceola which at the time was run by snoop or LF to help give them a bigger rec program. The club then was still dying so he ran to TBU and joined them and made largo someone what a club again. Then TBU asked for a cut from the tournaments so he ran and tried to do his own thing. After hearing kids wouldn't be coming back he brought in EL from Dunedin to give them a boost and it worked they went from 5 teams to 14. Well that didn't last long he couldn't let ELdo his job so he left and took a ton of players with and now here we are with you guys thinking this will work with FP. Guess what it didn't even make it to the season because of lies from AS and shady dealings.

I'm confused. I thought Celtic didn't want competition and killed evnl in Pinellas though.

Comment

I'm confused. I thought Celtic didn't want competition and killed ecnl in Pinellas though.

Comment

I hope Celtic has an ambitious management. They have now acquired more fields and have the opportunity to grow. I hope they apply for ECNL-R and Sunshine Academy. Their comp teams are really good especially on the girls side. But they do not have more than 2 teams in each age group because of limited space. I think with the new locations, if the management plays it right, they can blow up to a decent size and significant club in the next couple years. Let's just sit back and watch. They have good resources. I just looked up their 07 coach who was a well known EPL player. However, they do not brag about this ... I mean if you go to Strictly all you hear is CB and how he coaches at the Rowdies and if you go to Wesley Chapel all you hear is Stuart Campbell but you don't even know about PW. He is such a humble person.

Comment

Some clubs are just run differently. I think if you’re confident in what you’re doing you don’t need to blast everything everywhere all the time.

Celtic must be doing something right cuz they just won Recreational Club of the Year for the entire state of Florida for 2020-21. And you’re right that they do have some high quality competitive teams at multiple age groups as well.

A successful little club that may not remain so little in a couple of years. Just one tryout cycle from possibly getting much larger. Good to see in Pinellas county.

I hope Celtic has an ambitious management. They have now acquired more fields and have the opportunity to grow. I hope they apply for ECNL-R and Sunshine Academy. Their comp teams are really good especially on the girls side. But they do not have more than 2 teams in each age group because of limited space. I think with the new locations, if the management plays it right, they can blow up to a decent size and significant club in the next couple years. Let's just sit back and watch. They have good resources. I just looked up their 07 coach who was a well known EPL player. However, they do not brag about this ... I mean if you go to Strictly all you hear is CB and how he coaches at the Rowdies and if you go to Wesley Chapel all you hear is Stuart Campbell but you don't even know about PW. He is such a humble person.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X