Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Any insight if Surf will continue with EDP next year? Mostly asking due to the travel. We tried asking our coach but honestly got a pretty lame "I do not know answer", said he thinks so.
    I actually think he did not know.
    Its a huge factor for us returning. Definently not ideal to go into the necsl either. Would love to get back into Nep/ Npl, again mostly because of travel.

Anyone hearing anything?
    From what I've heard, it sounds like they'll be stratifying their teams more. As in, pulling all the top players onto top teams, which will play in USYS National League (run by EDP), and the lower teams will fall somewhere into NECSL. U12 and below may still have mixed talent teams, with NECSL being the highest level available to them. And that's just speaking for boys, I have no idea what's going on on the girls' side.

As far as what USYS does with the New England Conference next season, who knows? I was surprised this year when they had a New England North and New England South. I don't know if that was some Covid related thing, or if that's how it'll be going forward. But I could easily see some of the poorer performing teams dropped into NECSL and have just one NE Conference with the top teams.

Comment

From what I've heard, it sounds like they'll be stratifying their teams more. As in, pulling all the top players onto top teams, which will play in USYS National League (run by EDP), and the lower teams will fall somewhere into NECSL. U12 and below may still have mixed talent teams, with NECSL being the highest level available to them. And that's just speaking for boys, I have no idea what's going on on the girls' side.

As far as what USYS does with the New England Conference next season, who knows? I was surprised this year when they had a New England North and New England South. I don't know if that was some Covid related thing, or if that's how it'll be going forward. But I could easily see some of the poorer performing teams dropped into NECSL and have just one NE Conference with the top teams.
      One thing that everyone learned last year is that EDP sucks! Surf will try to continue to sell it but if it walks like a Duck ...

Comment

I don't know how many teams RI Surf is going to be able to place into it, but there's now National League PRO, which I guess is higher than the National League (and will require more extensive regional travel).

Comment

I don't know how many teams RI Surf is going to be able to place into it, but there's now National League PRO, which I guess is higher than the National League (and will require more extensive regional travel).
          Doesn't RI Surf have 5 2007 teams? If you are not on one of the top two teams you are overpaying for soccer. They should charge less for the lower teams since they probably pay the coach less and offer less programming.

Comment

Doesn't RI Surf have 5 2007 teams? If you are not on one of the top two teams you are overpaying for soccer. They should charge less for the lower teams since they probably pay the coach less and offer less programming.
            A fellow parent told me about this blog. Oh boy..what a show. We play at top level for Surf snd LR. And yes we play superliga. Definitely do not feel bad about it as we are family. we joke about the jealousy.

I do feel bad for our lesser teams that are traveling so far and subsidizing us. But heck, they made the choice.
            Everyone is accountable for choices.

Comment

A fellow parent told me about this blog. Oh boy..what a show. We play at top level for Surf snd LR. And yes we play superliga. Definitely do not feel bad about it as we are family. we joke about the jealousy.

I do feel bad for our lesser teams that are traveling so far and subsidizing us. But heck, they made the choice.
              Everyone is accountable for choices.
              Jealous of LR and Surf entering Superliga classic division? Not even top level. Undefeated and taunting teams? Yeah another "classy" Puma/Surf parent heard from.

Comment

To answer the original question posted...Yes.

Comment

Is Surf in RI dying , yes. It is losing players.

Comment

Is Surf in RI dying , yes. It is losing players.
                    Good half of the coaches don’t even know how to properly coach and most of them are lazy. Not only that they’re to afraid to compete in higher divisions and sell lies to all the parents, it wouldn’t surprise me if they do the same they did when they’re were with GPS where they starting asking players to bring a friend to practice or try scout a kid playing pickup or taking free kicks at PC.

Comment

Stay away from Juventus they are sheisters and basically GPS retreads who charge a premium for sub par service, just like GPS. Same coaches, same players. Same BS, only now you get to travel to CT more because they play EDP instead of NEP/NPL. Girls getting lit up in DPL should also be a warning sign given DPL was the 2nd league for the stronger clubs and Juve 1st teams can’t hang there.
                      Isn’t the RI director DD I don’t know how parents are delusional with that guy. I don’t even know how he even has a license to coach when he was on GPS he punched another coach from another team at a game and then also chocked and threaten a GPS coach he’d kill him. The man has some kind of anger or mental issues. Those parents from his 08’s are all tapped as well no clue what they see in that man. Also how many Juventus RI teams are there

Comment

Good half of the coaches don’t even know how to properly coach and most of them are lazy. Not only that they’re to afraid to compete in higher divisions and sell lies to all the parents, it wouldn’t surprise me if they do the same they did when they’re were with GPS where they starting asking players to bring a friend to practice or try scout a kid playing pickup or taking free kicks at PC.
                        Really folks, you should all be smarter than this. Really important as it pertains to your children.
                        Surf is a big corporation outside of NE that focuses on profit.....period. you are only a figure on a spreadsheet with Surf. As a big corporation the main goal is to make their product appealing for the most $$$$.
                        Player of the week, easy competition for the win, surf select, bring a friend day. Superliga trophy twist is unique to RI surf ploy.

Comment

Really folks, you should all be smarter than this. Really important as it pertains to your children.
                          Surf is a big corporation outside of NE that focuses on profit.....period. you are only a figure on a spreadsheet with Surf. As a big corporation the main goal is to make their product appealing for the most $$$$.
                          Player of the week, easy competition for the win, surf select, bring a friend day. Superliga trophy twist is unique to RI surf ploy.
                          All clubs focus on profit. Surf. Bayside. All of them. Some coaches care more than others but the people at the top really only care about $$$ no matter where you play. All decisions are made based on how they affect the bottom line (number of kids on a roster, quality of coaches, numbers of teams each coach has, tournaments and leagues, etc.). At the end of the day, the driving force is money.

The head scratcher for me is the parents who pay for club soccer at u8/u9/u10. There are kids on my youngest child's town team who drive 2+ hours to soccer games for 9 year olds! I will never understand that but I hope they find whatever they are looking for.

Comment

All clubs focus on profit. Surf. Bayside. All of them. Some coaches care more than others but the people at the top really only care about $$$ no matter where you play. All decisions are made based on how they affect the bottom line (number of kids on a roster, quality of coaches, numbers of teams each coach has, tournaments and leagues, etc.). At the end of the day, the driving force is money.

The head scratcher for me is the parents who pay for club soccer at u8/u9/u10. There are kids on my youngest child's town team who drive 2+ hours to soccer games for 9 year olds! I will never understand that but I hope they find whatever they are looking for.

Guess your kid will not make those teams. It's a lifestyle. You do you, they do them. No need to degrade them for their choices.

Comment

Guess your kid will not make those teams. It's a lifestyle. You do you, they do them. No need to degrade them for their choices.

That's correct. It's our lifestyle. The previous poster will never comprehend that to achieve something, you have to sacrifice. The drive is the easy part. Not only making the Surf team but getting respectable playing time, that is what is about. The dedication matters. That poster will never understand the joy of the big league win or yes even lifting the Superliga trophy.

Comment

That's correct. It's our lifestyle. The previous poster will never comprehend that to achieve something, you have to sacrifice. The drive is the easy part. Not only making the Surf team but getting respectable playing time, that is what is about. The dedication matters. That poster will never understand the joy of the big league win or yes even lifting the Superliga trophy.
                                This is sarcasm, right?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X