Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ Word salad

Reporter gives their story, crazy liberal spends an afternoon trying to show us he knows more about what the reporter...reports...

Yep, that's how it goes today in America. Some just have to tell the world they think they know more than everyone else.

Two different Americas.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      ^^^ Word salad

Reporter gives their story, crazy liberal spends an afternoon trying to show us he knows more about what the reporter...reports...

Yep, that's how it goes today in America. Some just have to tell the world they think they know more than everyone else.

Two different Americas.
      I’ll just leave this here:

Name the “source” for the story.

Comment

^^^ Word salad

Two different Americas.
        If you can’t name the source when asked, I’m declaring victory. Easy peezy.

Comment

I’ll just leave this here:

Name the “source” for the story.
          I'm not a reporter. Why don't you go ask them?

Are we now to ignore "anonymous" stories? Gee...4 years of vitriol just went down the drain then, huh?

Two different Americas.

Comment

If you can’t name the source when asked, I’m declaring victory. Easy peezy.

Yep, you polled all the voices in your head and it was unanimous....

Comment

Chicago Tribune reporter Gregory Pratt announced Wednesday that he had canceled his scheduled interview with Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot over her office's refusal to lift a moratorium on interviews with non-Black or Brown reporters.

Pratt, a Latino reporter who was granted an interview with the mayor after the policy became publicly known, took to social media to announce the cancellation.

According to Pratt, he asked the mayor's office to lift the condition on other reporters, but it declined. "Politicians don't get to choose who covers them," he tweeted.

Comment

"I ran to break up the status quo that was failing so many. That isn't just in City Hall. It's a shame that in 2021, the City Hall press corps is overwhelmingly White in a city where more than half of the city identifies as Black, Latino, AAPI or Native American," she tweeted. "Diversity and inclusion is imperative across all institutions including media."

"In order to progress we must change. This is exactly why I'm being intentional about prioritizing media requests from POC reporters on the occasion of the two-year anniversary of my inauguration as mayor of this great city," she said.

So, sounds like the "source" is Lightfoot, directly.

Two different Americas.

Comment

Democrats want as many Americas as possible -- i.e., they want as much hatred and division between groups as possible. If people envy and hate others, they not only want other people's stuff, but they also think they deserve it. That combination increases the market for the Democrats' primary product -- redistribution.

So here's another version of America con, one that even black POTUS/FLOTUS could escape. Bur sure, if you want to blame the Dems, go aright ahead.

"The former Secret Service agent Evy Poumpouras says an upsetting part of her previous job was not being able to protect Michelle Obama from racist slurs or signs while on duty.

Poumpouras served on the presidential protective division for the first lady and President Barack Obama during their time at the White House. She also protected George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, and George H.W. Bush during her 12 years in the Secret Service.

Writing in her 2020 memoir, "Becoming Bulletproof," Poumpouras recalled feeling "outraged" when seeing a racist sign directed at the first lady.

"As the first Black First Lady of the United States, Mrs. Obama had to withstand certain kinds of disparagement that none of her predecessors ever faced," Poumpouras wrote. "I was on her protective detail when we were driving to a school to deliver a speech; we passed someone on a bridge holding up a shockingly racist sign directed at her."

"I remember feeling outraged - after all, it was part of our job to protect the first family mentally as well as physically. But if the First Lady saw the sign, she gave no indication of it," she added.

Comment

"I ran to break up the status quo that was failing so many. That isn't just in City Hall. It's a shame that in 2021, the City Hall press corps is overwhelmingly White in a city where more than half of the city identifies as Black, Latino, AAPI or Native American," she tweeted. "Diversity and inclusion is imperative across all institutions including media."

"In order to progress we must change. This is exactly why I'm being intentional about prioritizing media requests from POC reporters on the occasion of the two-year anniversary of my inauguration as mayor of this great city," she said.

So, sounds like the "source" is Lightfoot, directly.

Two different Americas.

It's regarding an anniversary story, it says nothing about it being forever. She's pointing out lack of diversity in the city's newsrooms

You cons try to make ONE story representative of everything.

Comment

Chicago Tribune reporter Gregory Pratt announced Wednesday that he had canceled his scheduled interview with Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot over her office's refusal to lift a moratorium on interviews with non-Black or Brown reporters.

Pratt, a Latino reporter who was granted an interview with the mayor after the policy became publicly known, took to social media to announce the cancellation.

According to Pratt, he asked the mayor's office to lift the condition on other reporters, but it declined. "Politicians don't get to choose who covers them," he tweeted.
                      OMG Con I'm laughing so hard my side hurts. How many interviews did Trump grant to MSNBC or CNN? He only talked to FOX, often times ignored reporters at press conferences he didn't like, but you cons are blowing a gasket over one city Mayor trying to point out the lack of diversity in city coverage? Boo hoo cry me a river.

Comment

It's regarding an anniversary story, it says nothing about it being forever. She's pointing out lack of diversity in the city's newsrooms

You cons try to make ONE story representative of everything.
                        Anddd....POC reporters are upset about it.

Two different Americas.

Comment

OMG Con I'm laughing so hard my side hurts. How many interviews did Trump grant to MSNBC or CNN? He only talked to FOX, often times ignored reporters at press conferences he didn't like, but you cons are blowing a gasket over one city Mayor trying to point out the lack of diversity in city coverage? Boo hoo cry me a river.
                          Thanks yet again for proving we have two different Americas. You make things so easy for me, I'll just let you keep blabbing and save me the effort. The more you think you win by discounting it, the more you really prove the point of the post.

Comment

Thanks yet again for proving we have two different Americas. You make things so easy for me, I'll just let you keep blabbing and save me the effort. The more you think you win by discounting it, the more you really prove the point of the post.
                            Deflect again from Trump refusing to speak with certain reporters - in fact he often ignored reporters of color and made occasional snide remarks about them. Oh, and it was one reporter of color upset by it. Hard for many to be upset by it since Chicago doesn't seem to have many

Comment

Deflect again from Trump refusing to speak with certain reporters - in fact he often ignored reporters of color and made occasional snide remarks about them. Oh, and it was one reporter of color upset by it. Hard for many to be upset by it since Chicago doesn't seem to have many
                              So, the guy who deflected is complaining about deflecting? Sounds about right.

Just more "whataboutism" from the Left. Or, said differently, a day that ends in "y".

As for Trump, specifically, I can see why he never went on the uber liberal "news" stations. They treated him like dirt, and he them, so best to let it go.

What did these reporters do to Lightfoot other than have the wrong color skin?

Not the same, and you know it.

Comment

Two Different Americas

u r fkg nuts!!! TRUMP invited all reporters even the ones that hated him!!!...Jim acosta should have been bounced many times but he was always there disrespecting the POTUS each and every time he spoke!!!!

A reporter like Acosta would never ever ever be allowed anywhere near sleepy joe (the puppet putus).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X