Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    he tried to hide the fact that he tossed the gun by tossing it as he turned to put his hands up...there was no way for the officer to know that he had already tossed it...he turned and threw his hands up from being at his side...it is a tragedy that this happened but based on the prior actions(his buddy was shooting at a passing car) and the way he apparently discarded the gun I believe they will not determine that the officer's action was justified
    The kid was told to stop and raise his hands in the air. Videos show that he clearly COMPLIED with the officer’s directive and for fatally shot for his trouble.

Police are trying to paint the bear face on this they can, saying he “displayed” the gun while not using it.

None of the video I’ve seen shows him “displaying” a gun.

I don’t know whether we will ever know for sure whether or not the kid has a gun at some point or whether the police planted it, but it hardly matters.

We were told that when one complies with police directives, you don’t get shot.

Alex Toledo was running away and stopped and raised his hands above his head when directed to do so by the police.

THEN they show him.

Comment

The kid was told to stop and raise his hands in the air. Videos show that he clearly COMPLIED with the officer’s directive and for fatally shot for his trouble.

Police are trying to paint the bear face on this they can, saying he “displayed” the gun while not using it.

I don’t know whether we will ever know for sure whether or not the kid has a gun at some point or whether the police planted it, but it hardly matters.

Alex Toledo was running away and stopped and raised his hands above his head when directed to do so by the police.

THEN they show him.
      he had the gun it shows on the film- the fact that you think they planted it shows your mindset- he didnt comply he was running with a gun after the police showed up
      throwing the gun then spinning around in this situation is a good way to get shot- this doesnt happen in slow motion
      it will come back as a good shoot and then you can get your riot on

Comment

THEN they show him.
        I do not know all the facts and neither do you... I do not believe that you watched the video because the video that I watched from the Chicago news station shows what looks like a gun behind his back as he turns around to put his hands up...if this is the case the officer will not be charged...running away is not complying...and a freeze frame shot does not come close to telling the story of what happened

Comment

I do not know all the facts and neither do you... I do not believe that you watched the video because the video that I watched from the Chicago news station shows what looks like a gun behind his back as he turns around to put his hands up...if this is the case the officer will not be charged...running away is not complying...and a freeze frame shot does not come close to telling the story of what happened
          A timeline of how the city of Chicago changed its story https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/7260911002/

Comment

A timeline of how the city of Chicago changed its story https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/7260911002/
            From that story you posted :

Meanwhile, Sarah Sinovic, chief spokeswoman for the Cook County State’s Attorney, said the attorney who made the comment that Adam was holding a gun when the officer shot him "failed to fully inform himself before speaking in court.
            Sounds categorical that he wasn’t in possession of a gun, yet was shot down for complying with directions, stopping, and raising hands.

“Hands up, don’t shoot “ should be universally recognized by now but killer cops still gonna kill.

Comment

Sounds categorical that he wasn’t in possession of a gun, yet was shot down for complying with directions, stopping, and raising hands.

“Hands up, don’t shoot “ should be universally recognized by now but killer cops still gonna kill.
              and originally mayor Lightfoot made her comments about him having a gun without seeing the footage. Maybe take a gander at that before opening your mouth? Releasing the footage did nothing to bolster the city's case and in fact more are calling for the Chief of Police and mayor to step down.

Reactions to police shootings are always lightening fast by both citizens and the media, then additional information comes out (witnesses, footage) that shows a different story often times exonerating the officer. This wasn't one of those cases.

Comment

he wasnt holding the gun when he was shot- the body camera shows that- so the statement was factually incorrect- thats why they corrected it

He released the gun 2 seconds before he was shot

too bad the cop doesnt get to watch the video in slow motion before he has to react

Comment

and originally mayor Lightfoot made her comments about him having a gun without seeing the footage. Maybe take a gander at that before opening your mouth? Releasing the footage did nothing to bolster the city's case and in fact more are calling for the Chief of Police and mayor to step down.

Reactions to police shootings are always lightening fast by both citizens and the media, then additional information comes out (witnesses, footage) that shows a different story often times exonerating the officer. This wasn't one of those cases.
                  both should resign but not for this, for every weekend since they have been in office
                  the mayor has been a disgrace for a long time

Comment

so are you implying that he never had a gun in his possession?

Comment

LOL I love the "shoot him in the leg" commentary. If you feel your life, other's lives, are in danger, yes, makes total sense. Shoot at something that is moving and is 4" across vs. something stationary and is 30" across.

(Not weighing in about the validity of shooting in the first place; unlike many I'm not an expert on this situation so will hold opinions back until I am better educated on it).

Comment

LOL I love the "shoot him in the leg" commentary. If you feel your life, other's lives, are in danger, yes, makes total sense. Shoot at something that is moving and is 4" across vs. something stationary and is 30" across.

(Not weighing in about the validity of shooting in the first place; unlike many I'm not an expert on this situation so will hold opinions back until I am better educated on it).
                        The kid was standing still, arms up, no gun in his hand when he was shot. Totally agree that when someone is running hitting a moving target, let alone accurately, is a practically impossible. TV and the movies make it look easy when it's anything but. Add high stress and accuracy further declines.

Comment

The kid was standing still, arms up, no gun in his hand when he was shot. Totally agree that when someone is running hitting a moving target, let alone accurately, is a practically impossible. TV and the movies make it look easy when it's anything but. Add high stress and accuracy further declines.
                          did the victim have a gun in his hand or not when he was running away?

Comment

Doesn't matter, to me. If someone is shooting, they are going for what is the easiest to hit.

The debate about whether they should've shot is fine to have; but picking and choosing "where" in a high-stress situation is off-base.

Comment

he wasnt holding the gun when he was shot- the body camera shows that- so the statement was factually incorrect- thats why they corrected it

He released the gun 2 seconds before he was shot

too bad the cop doesnt get to watch the video in slow motion before he has to react
                              I don’t see your assertion (bolded, above) in this or any account I’ve seen other than early false misinformation from police sources.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/7260911002/

Seems like he had already thrown the gun before turning around and facing cop with hands up, yet cop let him have one. The fact that the cops immediately spread disinfo about the gun (see in article what was said april 10 vs April 15) reflects very poorly on the police e

According to the videos, Adam was running away from the officer down an alley when he slowed down by a fence, threw what looked like a gun behind the fence, and turned toward the officer with his hands up. The officer fired his weapon less than a second after Adam turned around to face him with his hands raised.

The city declined to comment to USA TODAY as the story relates to an active investigation.
                              They had plenty of comment before the videos blew their lies out of the water

Comment

BLM = Buy Lots of Mansions

OMG...who said "shoot him in the leg"???

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X