• Show
Clear All

Ryan Tetro

Terrible person.

What has he done to you now?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      What has he done to you now?
      I speak from personal experiences...world class pathological liar. Stay as far away as possible. He legitimately has mental capacity issues.

Comment

Just another Keyboard COWARD

How many drinks did it take you to post this thread ? If you are going to put somebody’s name out there, why not sign off with your name?

Comment

How many drinks did it take you to post this thread ? If you are going to put somebody’s name out there, why not sign off with your name?
          Find me one positive post containing “RT” on this forum.

Comment

So, why don't you put your name? After all, you are the ********* that started the thread.

Comment

Thanks Phil we all know it’s you!

Just try to worry about your club!

Comment

I've been hesitant to post on here, but people have the right to know what they're getting into coming to the 09 team that he "coaches". If all you and your kid care about is winning when they're 11, then this is the team for you. Every girl works extremely hard on the team, with all doing outside training most days when not at team practice or games. It's highly competitive to get and maintain a spot as well as have consistent minutes. There's usually a ton of out of state travel involved, such as Jeff Cup, Super Copa, Bethesda, Disney, etc. The team typically tries to play the best in the region, and as there weren't any 09 teams that could keep up, have moved on to 08s. There are a lot of standouts from the area as he has managed to attract them over the past few years of team iterations.

Sounds fine, right? Just be aware, the actual team training is bad. It's almost exclusively scrimmaging, so your kid better keep up with the outside training. New kids almost always get preference for spots and minutes (except for the few short listed that he makes a point to be friendly with their family). He is always recruiting, so don't be surprised if there is a random new kid or two at a practice or tournament. He recruits regardless of how good the current roster is, so be prepared for your kid to eventually cede time unless they are one of the 3 or 4 favorites that never come out. The parents on the team are on the whole ok, but there are a half dozen that either scream like animals from the sidelines and/or you can't trust. These people are looking out for their kid and their kid's spot above all else.

For the actual soccer, it's kick and run soccer with a lot of individual performances. There is no actual strategy, but as most of the kids are so good, it typically doesn't matter. There are a few that usually only pass to each other, which isn't discouraged. There is no adaptation on the field, so don't expect a change even if things aren't working or his favorites aren't playing well. Your kid isn't getting more playing time if a regular is off her game. Your kid may get pulled though if they aren't on that short list, and he has no issue making derogatory statements about kids on the team directly to their teammates.

About the actual person, the poster above is correct. The guy can't be trusted. He will say anything to get your kid on the team as well as to keep you on the team (unless he recruits a replacement, then your kid is screwed). He has no eye for talent other then goals, speed, etc so don't think he can tell if your kid is better than another he just played against. He didn't play soccer past high school and doesn't have something like an A license for coaching bonafides. He didn't have a successful coaching history prior to the 09s, so don't expect a list of kids that have gone on to D1 schools or have gotten scholarships. If you know anything about soccer or have gone through youth soccer with a prior kid, then you'll quickly see he's out of his depth and frequently makes recruitment decisions on look and what a few of the parents recommend to him.

You stay for the wins and the competitive atmosphere. If money is no object, your kid is flashy and can keep ahead of her potential replacements (while still wanting to train and play in that type of environment), you stay away from certain parents, you don't care about the lack of training and don't mind the outside training time, and you don't take anything the coach says as fact, then knock yourself out. If your kid does get an invite and you want to try it out, I recommend asking for a year on the house.

Comment

Now that is some insightful s***....obviously a scorned ex-parent! Kick and run soccer...only 3-4 good players on the team...you are a complete joke! Then why are they beating everybody ALOT to a little....oh that’s right RT can’t coach, they play kick and run soccer...my favorite is that there defenders try and score....how dare they!!! Find another team to obsess about cement boots.

Comment

Terrible person.
                    Calling someone out by name on an anonymous message board is cowardly. If this is how you feel, put your name to it.

Comment

Now that is some insightful s***....obviously a scorned ex-parent! Kick and run soccer...only 3-4 good players on the team...you are a complete joke! Then why are they beating everybody ALOT to a little....oh that’s right RT can’t coach, they play kick and run soccer...my favorite is that there defenders try and score....how dare they!!! Find another team to obsess about cement boots.
                      Yes, kick and run. They don't play out of the back unless it's against bad teams. They float the ball up field and trust their players (who happen to be very good overall) to bring it down and muscle it to the net. This works really well when there are no sub rules and your players are aggressive, skillful, and physical. There are really good players up and down the roster, but there are 3-4 favorites who play regardless. They are beating many teams by a lot (not all, as they've had close games and even losses) because the kids are that much better than the competition. There is no coaching. If you go out and recruit a best of roster, it doesn't matter if the coach sits there and does nothing. Case in point, this team has won even when the coach couldn't make a game or three. At this age, having these kids on one roster is good enough to win 9 out of 10 games. Defenders scoring? Who cares about that? If a kid is a defender and sees an opportunity, then good for them that they score.

My above post isn't for you. I don't care about you. I'm trying to tell the truth about the coach and the team he is in charge of. My post is for any parent out there contemplating coming to the team or has received a call from the coach. Believe it or don't believe it, but those are the facts as I see them.

Comment

What club is the flavor of the month for angry castoff parents who slander people on talking soccer these days?
                        Red Bull’s, PSA, NJ Blaze, CSA, STA ? Good luck with all that high level, tactical soccer, we as a group at MF Shore wish you the best. Don’t forget to check out the MF Shore ID clinic this November.

Comment

What club is the flavor of the month for angry castoff parents who slander people on talking soccer these days?
                          Red Bull’s, PSA, NJ Blaze, CSA, STA ? Good luck with all that high level, tactical soccer, we as a group at MF Shore wish you the best. Don’t forget to check out the MF Shore ID clinic this November.
                          The fact that you have a list of clubs where you think there are angry parents is telling in itself. What if I just told potential new families to contact the clubs he's screwed over (Manalapan and CSA) or the boys and girls teams he's run into the ground along the way if they need references? Truthfully, there aren't many so called "angry castoff parents" running around these boards that I can see. Instead, there are a few people who are trying to tell the truth. Again, I don't care about you. Enjoy yourself and I hope your kid does well.

Comment

As long as parents allow these two or three guys to dominate youth soccer you get what you deserve. Everyone is worried about names of clubs as if your kid is destined for greatness because of it.

Comment

The fact that you have a list of clubs where you think there are angry parents is telling in itself. What if I just told potential new families to contact the clubs he's screwed over (Manalapan and CSA) or the boys and girls teams he's run into the ground along the way if they need references? Truthfully, there aren't many so called "angry castoff parents" running around these boards that I can see. Instead, there are a few people who are trying to tell the truth. Again, I don't care about you. Enjoy yourself and I hope your kid does well.
                              Thanks for speaking the truth people deserve that, even if they choose not to believe it. At least you tried to warn them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X