Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Funny question, level of play should count. IMHO the three ECNL teams in this State (Oregon) would easily be the three best teams in every age group U12 to U18. Matches probably wouldn't even be close. Best ECNL club in PDX as of now is CU..
    You're smoking some serious weed. At least one of the ECNL programs is consistently terrible, the other two get mixed results depending at the age group.

They should give PCU an ECNL team.

Comment

For as long as the ECNL has been around there have been Oregon teams that can beat them. At every age level except maybe Onyx back in the day.

The league doesn’t matter. Coaching is much more important.

Comment

You're smoking some serious weed. At least one of the ECNL programs is consistently terrible, the other two get mixed results depending at the age group.

They should give PCU an ECNL team.
        I can tell you for a fact that at least 3 age groups at UPDX and PCU girls teams would beat CU and Thorns. In fact they won’t scrimmage them anymore as a result of losing and they don’t want the parents to get the wrong message about their precious ECNL sales pitch.

I would bet anyone on here that from 2009-2005 age groups UPDX and PCU would beat CU and Thorns teams the majority of games.

United PDX 08 barely lost to Crossfire Premier 2-0. Thorns lost 7-1 in ECNL season to the same team....

CU and Thorns are not the best teams and to claim they could beat any OYSA team is ignorant.
        ECNL teams should be elite and in most states/cities they are, but not Oregon. They are just bastardized versions of Westside and THUSC with bad coaching and bad reputations for how they treat players and families.... very arrogant people involved at both clubs.

Comment

I can tell you for a fact that at least 3 age groups at UPDX and PCU girls teams would beat CU and Thorns. In fact they won’t scrimmage them anymore as a result of losing and they don’t want the parents to get the wrong message about their precious ECNL sales pitch.

I would bet anyone on here that from 2009-2005 age groups UPDX and PCU would beat CU and Thorns teams the majority of games.

United PDX 08 barely lost to Crossfire Premier 2-0. Thorns lost 7-1 in ECNL season to the same team....

CU and Thorns are not the best teams and to claim they could beat any OYSA team is ignorant.
          ECNL teams should be elite and in most states/cities they are, but not Oregon. They are just bastardized versions of Westside and THUSC with bad coaching and bad reputations for how they treat players and families.... very arrogant people involved at both clubs.

UPDX 08s already lost, badly, to Thorns. Game has already been played. Neeeext

09s are the 1 age group I could agree with you.

09s - PCU, then a toss up if UPDX/Thorns
          08s - Thorns
          07s - Corssfire and Thorns (Crossfire with the edge afer picking up best players from FC). UPDX is not close.
          06s - CU and Thorns....by miles (WA Timbers could upset both, but not a OYSA team anymore)
          05s - Thorns by a large margin.

Comment

It doesn’t matter who is better. For girls the pipeline now is straight from CU to starting for OSU or connections to other D1 programs through their OSU coach. More and more players will switch to CU for guaranteed opportunities others won’t have. Nice to finally have an advantage for Oregon girls.

Comment

UPDX 08s already lost, badly, to Thorns. Game has already been played. Neeeext

09s are the 1 age group I could agree with you.

09s - PCU, then a toss up if UPDX/Thorns
              08s - Thorns
              07s - Corssfire and Thorns (Crossfire with the edge afer picking up best players from FC). UPDX is not close.
              06s - CU and Thorns....by miles (WA Timbers could upset both, but not a OYSA team anymore)
              05s - Thorns by a large margin.
              Thorns 09 played PCU 09 twice this year and beat them both times. You don’t know what you are talking about.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X