Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I completely agree with this. Bolts is a largely overrated youth soccer program in MA, but they seem to have a successful way to convince parents: basically at the early player development stages they (probably purposely) confuse talent and understanding of the game with aggressiveness and shear force. The chances of this strategy being useful to develop world class players are extremely slim. In fact the reason that people think that Bolts is a great environment is why US soccer is so far behind. I do not mean that it is not an average good program, but it is not the impressive youth soccer club that parents and players should die to get in. Also, realistically, a great player in Revs is essentially one signature away from joining the real pro MLS team and start a real professional soccer career... how can you even beat that? The brand name and recognition of Revs are way better also. So, even comparing the two clubs is pointless. Probably, the only reason to compare the two is to sustain the myth about how good the Bolts are...
    Or you can focus on college commits, which is where 99% of the top talent is looking for, not professional soccer careers. Bolts does a better job than Revs. Revs is looking for a homegrown pro player who is willing to skip college. Most of the Revs players are not in that bucket. Not disparaging the Revs as it would be an option if my kid was good enough (he isn't), but Bolts is significantly better right now than Juventus, regardless of free, if you can make the top teams.

Comment

I completely agree with this. Bolts is a largely overrated youth soccer program in MA, but they seem to have a successful way to convince parents: basically at the early player development stages they (probably purposely) confuse talent and understanding of the game with aggressiveness and shear force. The chances of this strategy being useful to develop world class players are extremely slim. In fact the reason that people think that Bolts is a great environment is why US soccer is so far behind. I do not mean that it is not an average good program, but it is not the impressive youth soccer club that parents and players should die to get in. Also, realistically, a great player in Revs is essentially one signature away from joining the real pro MLS team and start a real professional soccer career... how can you even beat that? The brand name and recognition of Revs are way better also. So, even comparing the two clubs is pointless. Probably, the only reason to compare the two is to sustain the myth about how good the Bolts are...
      Do we really need to go into the fates of all the failed signings? That would just be mean.

Look at the MLS Next standings by the way.

The Bolts aren't the be-all-end-all when it comes to soccer but they are a much better option than the Revs for many reasons.

Comment

Or you can focus on college commits, which is where 99% of the top talent is looking for, not professional soccer careers. Bolts does a better job than Revs. Revs is looking for a homegrown pro player who is willing to skip college. Most of the Revs players are not in that bucket. Not disparaging the Revs as it would be an option if my kid was good enough (he isn't), but Bolts is significantly better right now than Juventus, regardless of free, if you can make the top teams.
        I agree and that was my point that there is no reason to compare Revs to Bolts because their end goal is different. Also, it is probably not fair to compare Bolts to Juve MA as Juve is basically just starting. I'd say though that I cannot imagine Juve joining MLS next etc. I mean why Juve MA and not any other state? why not any other club affiliated with a European team etc... is it even likely MLS next to start accepting clubs with European affiliations? Also, although I really like the concept of Juve MA Academy, I would be a bit concerned based on the record of other clubs with similar affiliations, like LFC IA for example. Basically, I think that if the goal is for a kid to play in college, joining one of the teams that are already well setup for that (e.g., Bolts, NEFC, Seacoast) maximizes the chances. If the goal is a professional MLS career, the Revs is the best option. Juve, LFC etc, still provide a very pleasant experience. but as a parent I am not convinced they provide any additional value or benefit.

Comment

The college and university system in the US is undergoing a massive overhaul which is driven by huge economic pressures. Schools are folding or merging all over the place and athletics that don't drive revenue, like men's soccer for example, are losing ground. The opportunity to get soccer scholarships to college are few and far between, and most go to international students.

Choosing the Bolts based on a history of college commitments is like building a house on a beach that is facing constant erosion. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Juventus has been around for only 3-4 years. The progress that the club has made in that time is incredible. They will surpass the Bolts in every possible way very soon.

Good luck living your life looking backwards. Sounds like a recipe for success.

Comment

The college and university system in the US is undergoing a massive overhaul which is driven by huge economic pressures. Schools are folding or merging all over the place and athletics that don't drive revenue, like men's soccer for example, are losing ground. The opportunity to get soccer scholarships to college are few and far between, and most go to international students.

Choosing the Bolts based on a history of college commitments is like building a house on a beach that is facing constant erosion. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Juventus has been around for only 3-4 years. The progress that the club has made in that time is incredible. They will surpass the Bolts in every possible way very soon.

Remember those hoverboards every kid wanted. Juve is a hoverboard.

Comment

A proven track record is "living life looking backwards?" By all means, you do you. Good luck. My kid ages out in about 3 weeks and things turned out great. It likely wouldn't have worked out as well somewhere else.

Comment

MLS Next spring 2021 results:

U13: No NE Revs Team

U14: Bolts 3 - 0 NE Revs

U15: Bolts 2 - 1 NE Revs

U16: No NE Revs team

U17: Bolts 1 - 1 NE Revs

U19: Bolts 3 - 2 NE Revs

There's a reason the New England Revolution Academy tries to poach players from the Bolts during their U15+ years.

Comment

How can I look up the schedules for Juventus teams at each age group? What teams do they compete against?

Comment

There's a reason the New England Revolution Academy tries to poach players from the Bolts during their U15+ years.
                    Who cares? Revs teams play for development with many players playing up a category. Bolts live solely to beat the Revs. Classic little brother syndrome. Fine, you won the last game of h-o-r-s-e. So what? Bolts are lame.

Comment

The same argument is used by the Bolts folks for the u-little teams: "Bolts have more wins, thus they are better". If Bolts were so much better than any other team, they would have many players that would end up playing pro in MLS etc. In addition, many players from Bolts end up in Revs indeed, but also many players from NEFC, Valeo, Bayside, Seacoast... Finally, many Bolts players end up with commitments, but also many other players from other teams. Again, it is a good youth soccer option, but not the only good one in MA and some may like their overall soccer philosophy and some may not.

Comment

The same argument is used by the Bolts folks for the u-little teams: "Bolts have more wins, thus they are better". If Bolts were so much better than any other team, they would have many players that would end up playing pro in MLS etc.
                        Are you really touting the Revs "homegrown" program?

Bolts have: Miles Robinson, Diego Fagundez, Aaron Maund, Charlie Davies, Chris Tierney, Jay Heaps, Mike Fucito, Charlie Rugg, Sheanon Williams, Will Packwood, Michael Bustamante and Michael Videira.

In addition, many players from Bolts end up in Revs indeed, but also many players from NEFC, Valeo, Bayside, Seacoast...
                        The Bolts players committed to colleges get poached by the Revs.

Finally, many Bolts players end up with commitments, but also many other players from other teams.
                        Every graduating Bolts player that took the field against the Revs team this year is committed. How are the Revs doing? Someone should report the Revs to DSS for abusing children by convincing them to sign Revs2 contracts.

Again, it is a good youth soccer option, but not the only good one in MA and some may like their overall soccer philosophy and some may not.
                        On this we both agree 100%. Anywhere but Juve though becuase they're all smoke and mirrors.

Comment

Who cares? Revs teams play for development with many players playing up a category. Bolts live solely to beat the Revs. Classic little brother syndrome. Fine, you won the last game of h-o-r-s-e. So what? Bolts are lame.
                          Brian Scales got fired right after the Revs weekend where they couldn't beat a single Bolts team. They care. Believe me they care.

Comment

How can I look up the schedules for Juventus teams at each age group? What teams do they compete against?
                            They play EDP, which is a distant 2nd/3rd for a league, especially considering it was mostly Surf/Juventus in MA over the last year. Tournament play is likely a better picture of where teams stand if you can find the results for the team(s) you're interested in.

Comment

Brian Scales got fired right after the Revs weekend where they couldn't beat a single Bolts team. They care. Believe me they care.
                              well, Scales was fired weeks after Bolts weekend. Not sure that was the sole reason he was let go. Albeit, should have done prior to 2020 season. if not years before. But that was that, this is now. Looking forward to see what the new director brings.

Comment

Love it when the boys in the "big boy pants" run around scared like turkeys on Thanksgiving.

#ForzaJuve

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X