Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Club in Charlotte

Having recently moved to Charlotte I did not have a lot of information to go on when choosing a club for my kids since covid shut down leagues. So I heard the most about CSA so we joined there. After the summer camps I became a little concerned with the style of play. Then after 2 months on the team it was clear that the coaches and style of the club, or at least those coaches, wasn’t what I wanted for my kids. No movement in space, passing, strategy. Mix that with my kids told me for the first time they weren’t really having fun. My younger son had a terrible coach and actually hurt his love for the game and did not help him develop at all for the first time in his life.

We noticed the teams that moved the ball best and had a great style of play was NCFC and Queen City Mutiny. We made the switch in late Fall and couldn’t be happier. My kids enjoy practice, love the games, the style of play is exactly what I wanted, and the coaches are awesome! They explain the strategy, give examples, then have them execute. They push them, hold them accountable, develop their soccer mind and skills, all while having fun and being positive. Based on my experience I’d highly recommend Queen City Mutiny if you even need a soccer club in Charlotte.

Lol, are you an NCFC director trying to improve the discussion? Lots of negative chats about NCFC lately...and there’s at least 1 other big club in Charlotte and 1 in Greensboro which is much closer plus lots of smaller clubs inbetween. I don’t know why anyone would travel 2.5 hours just so their kid could play soccer. All these big clubs are the same - a couple really good coaches at each with zero loyalty to anything but themselves and the $$$. Local kids sacrifice a ton to be on a top team your kid spending so much time away from his hometown friends and other life growth opportunities chasing a dream to be “the best” will lead to major regret and disappointment not to mention emptying your bank acct. If your kid is talented let him be the local star if he’s that good I guarantee he will have opportunities without the family sacrifice. Don’t drink the koolaid! Just enjoy this time. It’s very short!

Comment

Curious what you find negative about NCFC?

Comment

Qcm

Well, we switched to Queen City Mutiny. Honestly, their focus is development and fun. Yes some kids could make it all the way, most won’t. What I care about is they become the best they can and have as much fun as possible as it can’t all be fun. From the games we have played my opinion is NCFC teaches a similar style of play and their passing and spacing are also great albeit they are a huge club. I’ve actually enjoyed QCM being smaller but wanted to give credit. CISC and CSA can be good too and have some strong teams with some good coaches but some very bad. I could only speak to style of play I see, coaches I see or hear, and quality. CSA I experienced first hand. We were unhappy with them at the lack of development, style of play, and not having fun. I did see some coaches that were better and they have some great players but overall not the right club for what I was looking for. Charlotte has a lot of solid options and Carolina overall. QCM was best for us and I can’t knock NCFC at least their top two teams, as I’ve seen them destroy great Charlotte teams and give our team at QCM really tough games every time.

Comment

Prepare for the unimaginable. See the 100 Principles manual and dig in. Become irreplaceable at https://lnkd.in/enfDJ43

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X