No announcement yet.

‘My style could suit NWSL’: Carmelina Moscato on leaving Tigres and what’s next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

‘My style could suit NWSL’: Carmelina Moscato on leaving Tigres and what’s next

Carmelina Moscato helped Tigres win a fifth Liga MX title during the 2022 Apertura (fall season in Mexico), her first in charge. That is why her resignation from the job in June came as such a surprise.

In one year at the helm, Moscato had continued the winning tradition of one of Mexico’s standard-setting clubs. But as Moscato detailed in a recent discussion with The Equalizer, there was more happening in her life and she needed to recharge.

Now, Moscato has her eyes set on coaching in the National Women’s Soccer League. She spoke with EQZ about the interview processes she has gone through in the NWSL, the traveling she recently did to visit other top clubs and study great coaches, and what type of an environment she needs from her next employer.

What have you been up to since leaving Tigres?

“I had moved to five countries in six years. I kind of needed a break personally and had a crazy year, as I said ‘for personal reasons’ in what I wrote to the fans [when I left Tigres]. My dad had passed, my dog had passed, so there were quite a few significant changes in my life and I decided with the type of job this is, I need a full battery and I need a full cup and maybe that’s too ambitious, but that was more the reason why I walked away from Tigres, which was a really, really big decision.

Access the best women’s soccer coverage all year long

Start your FREE, 7-day trial of The Equalizer Extra for industry-leading reporting and insight on the USWNT, NWSL and beyond.

Subscribe

Existing Users Sign In Here

More...
Working...
X