Ali Krieger makes Best XI and will end career at NWSL Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali Krieger makes Best XI and will end career at NWSL Championship

There are few names more synonymous with modern U.S. Soccer than Ali Krieger. The two-time FIFA World Cup-winning defender was instrumental in the success of the national team in the 2010s and boasts a long, illustrious, and successful international club career. Now, as she approaches retirement, Krieger has her sights set on one final trophy – the National Women’s Soccer League Championship.

But before she can get out there and make one more go at the elusive NWSL Championship, the NJ/NY Gotham FC captain can celebrate another individual accolade, being named to the 2023 NWSL Best XI.

“I’m so happy, and proud of myself, to be honest – especially at my age,” Krieger exclusively told The Equalizer. “Not that I ever strive for these accolades, because I just want to win and be part of something bigger than myself. Ultimately, it’s a team award because it just goes to show you that my teammates are out there helping me look good, and they make it easy. I’m proud to represent all of us on the list.”

Access the best women’s soccer coverage all year long

Start your FREE, 7-day trial of The Equalizer Extra for industry-leading reporting and insight on the USWNT, NWSL and beyond.

Subscribe

Existing Users Sign In Here

More...
Working...
X