Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

‘Right away, I felt at home’: Carson Pickett on Louisville’s appeal, and why she signed on for more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

‘Right away, I felt at home’: Carson Pickett on Louisville’s appeal, and why she signed on for more

No player truly knows what to expect at a new club. The National Women’s Soccer League community is small, and everyone hears everything — good and bad.

So, until a player actually experiences something for themselves, it is hard to know what they are actually getting into.

This was the case with defender Carson Pickett when she learned she was being traded to Racing Louisville from the North Carolina Courage. Before the trade, she’d heard from players like Jaelin Howell who said they loved being at Racing, but Pickett wasn’t going to let herself be biased by anyone else’s opinions.

Once she saw what Louisville had to offer, however, she immediately knew she could see herself there for the long run.

“Ever since getting to this club, honestly, it’s been incredible,” Pickett told The Equalizer on Saturday. “I think my experience so far has just been over the top.”

On Monday, Racing Louisville announced that Pickett signed a three-year contract that will see the fullback in Louisville through the 2025 season.

Pickett sat down with The Equalizer to discuss why she decided to commit to Racing for a long-term deal and what she sees in the club’s future.

Access the best women’s soccer coverage all year long

Start your FREE, 7-day trial of The Equalizer Extra for industry-leading reporting and insight on the USWNT, NWSL and beyond.

Subscribe

Existing Users Sign In Here

More...
Working...
X