Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have personally seen the work that our directors and coaches have put in. Many long hours on the field and building a true structure that that is deep. Well done!! The girls in our club are fortunate to have coaches and directors like yourselves. Thank you CFK Staff!!!

ECNL here we come.
    Congrats CFK and Brandon Flames.

Comment

Congrats CFK and Brandon Flames.
      Go Krush!!! The Krush has truly built a good name even outside of Florida. I'm a parent from Michigan and have heard really good things about the KRUSH.

Comment

Go Krush!!! The Krush has truly built a good name even outside of Florida. I'm a parent from Michigan and have heard really good things about the KRUSH.

Go Krush!!!!

Comment

Not a chance because every club will know they will never get in now before TBU, Space Coast, Jacksonville or even Boca or West Pines if they wanted to. Also because now the competition is really, really weak without CFK and Brandon. The league will be a real joke now. I'm sure the league will try to sell everyone on the idea that CFK and Brandon got in so they now should but for clubs to travel that far to play weak teams will be really stupid especially now that there will be a FYSA state league.
          hhmmm.. competition is weak withbout Brandon ? thought they sucked in FPL all season ?

Comment

Go Krush!!!!
            You need to learn how to say Go Lion's.

Comment

I googled it and found nothing.....

I'm not doubting what you're saying but if you could provide a link/reference, that would be great.
              google search it
              OK....as you requested, I searched on google. Here is my search

I went down to the link from Lavers' club; FC Milwaukee and looked at the pdf presentation. Here is a link to that file

On that pdf slide is this sentenece: "Players may play winter high school sports & high school soccer, if they desire."

People like you are trying to perpetuate the myth that high school soccer is not permitted and that is not true. I am not saying that it won't happen in the future (ala, USSDA) but as of now there are no plans to do it. If a club decides to do it, that will be their decision and not the ECNL.

BTW, I did a similar search using the terms of "high school" Rory Dames. I found nothing. Again, a link to your source(s) would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Congrats to VSI West Florida Flames (the Brandon Flames-West Florida Premier merged clubs). The reason these 2 clubs came together was to secure the ECNL. People at our club said "How could they get in the ECNL and our club not get in". It is all about the ability to develope team that can play at the National level all the way through the girls program.

U18s - WFP in the R3PL
                U17s - Brandon in the R3PL
                U16s - WFP in the R3PL

That is what they are looking for when selecting clubs.

Comment

You need to learn how to say Go Lion's.
                  We will. We are excited by the aquisition and proud that CFK will enter the merge having achieved the ECNL. As others wrote- this has been a tireless effort by the CFK staff, led by the Executive Director, Hue Menzies. A great achievement as we prepare to become OC Lions in the near future.

Go Krush! And then- Go Lions!

Comment

Question for posters that have knowledge on the subject. I believe that ECNL has a promotion and relegation system between the A Divisions and B divisions for each conference. Does that mean that Orlando City and VSI will start off in the B division and have to work their way up? Do college coach go to B div ECNL events at the same rate. Poster from Virginia, can you answer?

Comment

Not a chance because every club will know they will never get in now before TBU, Space Coast, Jacksonville or even Boca or West Pines if they wanted to. Also because now the competition is really, really weak without CFK and Brandon. The league will be a real joke now. I'm sure the league will try to sell everyone on the idea that CFK and Brandon got in so they now should but for clubs to travel that far to play weak teams will be really stupid especially now that there will be a FYSA state league.
                      First, you're assuming that those clubs won't also have a team in the FPL, and ECNL. With these mergers there should be enough talent for two teams.

Second, just because girls' teams are going to the ECNL that doesn't mean the boys' teams won't play in the FPL.

The FPL will be back for a second season with the addition of new clubs. That's a fact. Ask US Club Soccer.

Comment

First, you're assuming that those clubs won't also have a team in the FPL, and ECNL. With these mergers there should be enough talent for two teams.

Second, just because girls' teams are going to the ECNL that doesn't mean the boys' teams won't play in the FPL.

The FPL will be back for a second season with the addition of new clubs. That's a fact. Ask US Club Soccer.
                        Since you know for a fact FPL will be back do you know if all the clubs from last year will be back and who the new clubs will be?

Comment

Recent History of the Brandon Club

Both of the new ECNL clubs from Florida have merged with other clubs prior being acepted in this new league. I can speak for the new ECNL club from the Tampa Bay area. Brandon Flames has just merged with West Florida Premier in the past month. West Florida Premier was made up of the former Palm Harbor and East Lake clubs from the northeast Tampa Bay area. West Florida Premier had two two teams playing R3PL or SPL over the past 4 years. They are now in the U16G and U18G age groups. Brandon. which is on the east side of the Tampa Bay area, had the U17G which also played in R3PL and SPL during the same period. West Florida Premier's U16 and Brandon's U17 both played in the National League. The new name for the recently merged Brandon Flames and West Florida Premier will be the VSI West Florida Flames when the ECNL season starts in the fall.

There are many very good teams around the Tampa Bay area and the Orlando area. As with most of Florida, the talent is so diluted as there are "clubs around every corner". Hopefully we will see this as a new chapter in the soccer history of Florida in that the top players in an area will migrate to these two new ECNL clubs so that our best talent can develop and compete against the best talent across the country.

Comment

I don't see where merging clubs is the answer at all. These merged clubs and teams are going to have a very difficult time pooling that talent to become any more successful then they are already. If you look at which girls teams went the farthest in the nationals in the past five years it's Ponte Vedre and Team Boca who both played in the national championship. Those teams were not from merged clubs they were just teams who drew the best players in an area to one club. That's the real formula for success. I will be shocked in any team from the CFK or Brandon merger ever goes as far as Ponte Vedre or Team Boca did because the whole club merger thing just doesn't work as history has shown over and over again.

Comment

I don't see where merging clubs is the answer at all. These merged clubs and teams are going to have a very difficult time pooling that talent to become any more successful then they are already. If you look at which girls teams went the farthest in the nationals in the past five years it's Ponte Vedre and Team Boca who both played in the national championship. Those teams were not from merged clubs they were just teams who drew the best players in an area to one club. That's the real formula for success. I will be shocked in any team from the CFK or Brandon merger ever goes as far as Ponte Vedre or Team Boca did because the whole club merger thing just doesn't work as history has shown over and over again.
                              The whole idea behind studying history is to learn from past mistakes so as not to repeat them. Perhaps these clubs have taken this road. Give it a chance. Keep in mind that the pool of female players at the clubs will increase significantly, which should lead to stronger teams in all age groups.

Comment

Question for posters that have knowledge on the subject. I believe that ECNL has a promotion and relegation system between the A Divisions and B divisions for each conference. Does that mean that Orlando City and VSI will start off in the B division and have to work their way up? Do college coach go to B div ECNL events at the same rate. Poster from Virginia, can you answer?
                                Here is a sampling of 238 commitments from the 2013 grads. It breaks down commitments from A and B divisions. This from the Mass forum:

Looking at the 2013 ECNL commitments, it looks like 28 players committed from the ECNL B Bracket for a total of 20%. The other A bracket took 80% (112 players) of the ECNL commitments. It would be interesting to find out how many of the in the B bracket have NT or RT background.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X