Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am still angry that the USWNT didn’t boot her for her domestic abuse arrest prior to last year's World Cup. And booting her for that and not this sends the wrong message.
    Yep, the two don't compare. What will happen to Lochte?

Comment

One thing clear is that US soccer, and from all accounts prominent Solo teammates, are tired of her voice representing USWNT globally

Comment

One thing clear is that US soccer, and from all accounts prominent Solo teammates, are tired of her voice representing USWNT globally
        There's that on top of her arrest, her husband's dui in the team van, poor performance, getting older, poor sportsmanship on the international stage, AND she's getting older. She's 35 now. Will she be as effective in 3-4 years for the WC and next Olympics or is it time to start train a younger player?

Comment

Yep, the two don't compare. What will happen to Lochte?
          His sponsors are dropping him and us swimming has said at a minimum there will be some kind of suspension

Comment

His sponsors are dropping him and us swimming has said at a minimum there will be some kind of suspension
            Yet no one seems to care how many lies Hillary tells. Kind of shows what we place importance on these days.

Comment

She gets 6 months for the word "cowards", yet any NFL player testing positive for a PED gets a few games which adds up to maybe 6 weeks or so. I love sports, but the disproportionate acceptance of poor behavior between athletes and society is ridiculous. They make way too much money and get away with everything you and I would get hammered for. We would lose our job, why don't they??????

Comment

She gets 6 months for the word "cowards", yet any NFL player testing positive for a PED gets a few games which adds up to maybe 6 weeks or so. I love sports, but the disproportionate acceptance of poor behavior between athletes and society is ridiculous. They make way too much money and get away with everything you and I would get hammered for. We would lose our job, why don't they??????
                Imagine if she'd been working for a private company and her husband was arrested for driving a company car while drunk? What athletes (sometimes) get away with is ridiculous which is why steps to hold them to a higher standard should be applauded, not derided. The powers that be won't always get it right, but I'd rather see two steps forward one step back.

Comment

They're just looking for an excuse to get rid of her. Personally I think she needs to go, but the cowards statement shouldn't be the reason. If she had made that comment before the game it would have been just more low level trash talk.

Comment

They're just looking for an excuse to get rid of her. Personally I think she needs to go, but the cowards statement shouldn't be the reason. If she had made that comment before the game it would have been just more low level trash talk.
                    It should not be a cumulative type punishment as the article alluded to. That they had discussed her behavior and had zero tolerance for any other mistakes. But I agree that her poor choice of words should not be the reason for her termination. Soccer players have trashy mouths. Our daughters female coach goes around saying things in games about the other team you would not want typed on ts. Unfortunately the trash talk is part of the soccer culture, not that it is an excuse to say it in an interview. Hope has done too much for women and the game to do this to her. I hope she wins an appeal.

Comment

http://thefappening.so/wp-content/up...w-Naked-09.jpg

Comment

Aw c'mon man! Now that was not necessary.

Comment

Roast Beef! !!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X