Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Every ECNL club uses DPs. The best clubs in ECNL use them. Guess we have nothing but bad coaches. Maybe this is why ECNL has been relegated to the second tier. Wonder if DA has a similar designation?
    Did DA even start yet? The same clubs that DA are the same clubs that are in ECNL. Some clubs that DA can't even complete with ECNL clubs like Clay County and IMG. Weston is struggle as an ECNL club, can it sustain a DA?

Comment

This is completely wrong. Only need to train twice per week. Doesn't matter if you're registered at all.
      You people are nuts. The ECNL rules don't even address how many times a week a player must practice to play in a game. Open the regulations search "training" or "practice" nope not in there...there are some definitions for discovery players, there are numbers 2 for most ages and 4 for U18, there are even some rules, but training and or practice are not mentioned.

Comment

How many players are on most ECNL team rosters before adding the Discovery Players? Do most ECNL teams carry at least 22 to 25 players?

Comment

How many players are on most ECNL team rosters before adding the Discovery Players? Do most ECNL teams carry at least 22 to 25 players?
          Our team has 20 players, including two goalies - and NO discovery players ! I wish we did??

Comment

You people are nuts. The ECNL rules don't even address how many times a week a player must practice to play in a game. Open the regulations search "training" or "practice" nope not in there...there are some definitions for discovery players, there are numbers 2 for most ages and 4 for U18, there are even some rules, but training and or practice are not mentioned.
            So its ok to have plsyers that never show up for training
            play all game? No sir. Not right. Do they pay full fees?

Comment

Our team has 20 players, including two goalies - and NO discovery players ! I wish we did??
              No you dont. They disrupt the play. They dont train with the other girls so they are on a totally different page

Comment

Yes! I can agree, I'm chalking it up to- first yr program,coaches bring a few of 'their ' better players and then realize, after the fact, they are behind and a disappointment:(. We have a solid 13- but a MAJOR Drop Off- after that... Most established ECNL club have a stocked bench- we don't ??

Comment

No you dont. They disrupt the play. They dont train with the other girls so they are on a totally different page
                  I hear you- and can understand- but after our first 12- my lord, it's bad,... Classic example of coaches bringing in 'their' players... Good players, but not the BEST or even close - now, they see it, as does EVERYONE- and it's sad.
                  My Lord,
                  Sad for the deserving, talented players, and VERY sad for the players and parents that aren't realistic... With their child looking beyond subpar and paying to be part of an ECNL team/ traveling and their daughters not playing or getting minimal playing time??

Comment

I hear you- and can understand- but after our first 12- my lord, it's bad,... Classic example of coaches bringing in 'their' players... Good players, but not the BEST or even close - now, they see it, as does EVERYONE- and it's sad.
                    My Lord,
                    Sad for the deserving, talented players, and VERY sad for the players and parents that aren't realistic... With their child looking beyond subpar and paying to be part of an ECNL team/ traveling and their daughters not playing or getting minimal playing time??
                    DP's should not play the entire game. There's nothing that can be said to justify it

Comment

DP's should not play the entire game. There's nothing that can be said to justify it
                      I get it and agree! The first GA team we played, had a dominate, FL ODP player and my daughter's ODP FLteammate- trust me, even her playing only 1/2 the game,would've helped us

Comment

I get it and agree! The first GA team we played, had a dominate, FL ODP player and my daughter's ODP FLteammate- trust me, even her playing only 1/2 the game,would've helped us
                        Are those the same players that only achieved a 1-0 win at GSA? Same team TBU beat 5-0 or 5-1?

Comment

Do any ECNL team rosters carry 25 or more, not including the DPs?

Comment

They pay nothing...

Comment

DP are guest players and thats it! They dont pay! They should NEVER start, and most importantly they should never play more than 1/2 game.

Violating this, absolutely will promote the local better players to duplicate the process.

The loyal local not good enough players will quit.

NOW, there are two more ECNL clubs from Florida. Options arising.

Comment

Talk to your DOC and stop your whining. If you don't have the balls to talk with your DOC then move to another club. Your league supports DPs and clearly your club decided to make use of them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X