Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    so how many players on WFF rosters are from out of the area that dont train? Understand the question before you answer it WFF. I didn't ask how many discovery players. Player we know from Orlando hasnt attended one training session and player from South Florida hasnt attended one training session. If you add the Tx player, that is a total of 3 players that going into week one have not attended one training session for U17 team and if I was a betting person, I would bet that all will be at games this weekend and will take time away from those that have been working their tails off since the beginning. WFF you cant continue to do business like this. This is what gets you a bad rap.

U15
    U16
    U17
    U18/19
    This team has 8 players that are not from the area. If you look at the roster you will see why they are all playing on this team. At least 7 are all on ODP, and at least 3 are all committed to the same college.

Comment

This team has 8 players that are not from the area. If you look at the roster you will see why they are all playing on this team. At least 7 are all on ODP, and at least 3 are all committed to the same college.
      There is no access to the rosters so we cant see that. You have 7 players at this age still in the ODP System? If they have not player 1 game at the Regional level, why are they wasting their time? So how is it that you have 3 players that have never attended training? Will they be playing this weekend wherever it is you are traveling to?

Comment

What does the U16 team look like? How many DP's?

Comment

You should be happy about the discovery players before your kid and the discovery kid are committed. After not so much.
          That kid was pickled as a discovery player because she is expected to impact the games immediately. It was believes so because of her reputation and accolades, which if known by a club coach is known to the college coaches. The colleges will come at increased number AND quality to your kids games. Maybe one of them likes your kid and you therefore receive a downstream benefit. My kid was asked not to committ until after a major event just so that coaches would come in increased numbers to their games.

Comment

8 players not from an area and not making practices seems like 8 discovery players and not fair, but if they are on the roster and pay in full then they can claim them as regular players even if they don't attend any practice. It's all a game and clubs do whatever to make it look legit.

Comment

You should be happy about the discovery players before your kid and the discovery kid are committed. After not so much.
              That kid was pickled as a discovery player because she is expected to impact the games immediately. It was believes so because of her reputation and accolades, which if known by a club coach is known to the college coaches. The colleges will come at increased number AND quality to your kids games. Maybe one of them likes your kid and you therefore receive a downstream benefit. My kid was asked not to committ until after a major event just so that coaches would come in increased numbers to their games.
              I have to disagree. You have 2 DP's committed. Why do you need them?

Comment

8 players not from an area and not making practices seems like 8 discovery players and not fair, but if they are on the roster and pay in full then they can claim them as regular players even if they don't attend any practice. It's all a game and clubs do whatever to make it look legit.
                ECNL are enforcing the discovery player rule. If you don't train a minimum of twice per week then you are deemed a discovery player. Any club caught cheating will face suspensions and point deductions. Sounds like WFF are breaking the rules.

Comment

ECNL are enforcing the discovery player rule. If you don't train a minimum of twice per week then you are deemed a discovery player. Any club caught cheating will face suspensions and point deductions. Sounds like WFF are breaking the rules.
                  Sounds like WFF has 3 not showing up. WFF has been training since late July. Its late August now and 3 players are MIA. The 98/99 team has a true DP and even she showed up for scrimmages. Gotta give her credit. She lives in the panhandle. Farther away than the 2 of the 3 DP's for WFF U17's. WFF needs to be held accountable. I dont understand how the parents dont speak up. If my daughter played on that team you better believe I would hold the Director accountable. No show? No prob! No playing time. Unless you are a DP.

Comment

Whats TBU/Boca/Weston/JFC/OC doing?

Comment

How could a complaint be filed? Can't go thru the DOC!

Comment

so how many players on WFF rosters are from out of the area that dont train? Understand the question before you answer it WFF. I didn't ask how many discovery players. Player we know from Orlando hasnt attended one training session and player from South Florida hasnt attended one training session. If you add the Tx player, that is a total of 3 players that going into week one have not attended one training session for U17 team and if I was a betting person, I would bet that all will be at games this weekend and will take time away from those that have been working their tails off since the beginning. WFF you cant continue to do business like this. This is what gets you a bad rap.

U15
                        U16
                        U17
                        U18/19
                        I know for a fact that there is only one DP on WFF U14 ECNL team and she lives in NC.

Comment

If you're not part of an ECNL team why would you even care who or how many Discovery Players were on another team?

What I find surprising is the number of FKK players rostered to both WFF and TBU. These are committed players, and poster girls for non-ECNL commitments. Did they finally realize they need to be playing at the higher level to prepare for college? After years of stating that ECNL was not necessary if you were good enough to get noticed?

Comment

If you're not part of an ECNL team why would you even care who or how many Discovery Players were on another team?

What I find surprising is the number of FKK players rostered to both WFF and TBU. These are committed players, and poster girls for non-ECNL commitments. Did they finally realize they need to be playing at the higher level to prepare for college? After years of stating that ECNL was not necessary if you were good enough to get noticed?
                            If you are referencing my comment above yours, I am a parent of a daughter on that team.

Comment

If you are referencing my comment above yours, I am a parent of a daughter on that team.
                              I wasn't, it was a general statement about the whole discussion. If you're on the team you would be justified in questioning the coach about why some girls don't have to train and if you're violating league policies. There are girls (not DP's) at OC who do not train with the team during the week as well. I've been told that OC arranged personal training for them in S. FL. Don't know if true or not, but I was told that meets ECNL policy.

Comment

U15
                                U16
                                U17
                                U18/19
                                U17 team has 6 kids from cape. They train 2x per week. WFF has an affiliation with cape. The girl from Orlando has been to training twice but as a DP isn't required to. The cape girls are all rostered and attend training every tues and thurs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X