Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paying $1600 to OC for a daddy coach ... Ugh!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Options

1) walk
    2) bit** to the club and try and get another coach
    3) get all the parents together to do #2 (more strength in numbers)
    4) accept it, try and be open minded and make the best of it for the year

having a high licensure is no guarantee of a good coach - being able to communicate/teach/connect with kids is also key
    Approaching OC will do you no good whatsoever. Halfwit is in charge. All about politics. All complaints will only label the parents for the length of time player remains at the club.

Comment

TBU has a parent coaching both their Pre-ECNL and a ECNL team. If a Dad or Mom were long time coaches at a certain age group and their kid just happens to pass through I think that is probably OK. When the parent coach follows the kid year after year that can not be so good not just for the kid, but also the other kids who also end up with the same coach year after year.
      If you're referring to DSB at the pre-ecnl, umm, I think she is qualified, lol. And NO we are not only not part of her team or tried out (might next year), we are NOT at any TBU team.

Comment

If you're referring to DSB at the pre-ecnl, umm, I think she is qualified, lol. And NO we are not only not part of her team or tried out (might next year), we are NOT at any TBU team.
        Nobody said she or another parent coach is or is not qualified to be a coach. Just that a parent coaching their kid does not always create the best situation either for their kid and or the other kids on the team.

Comment

Nobody said she or another parent coach is or is not qualified to be a coach. Just that a parent coaching their kid does not always create the best situation either for their kid and or the other kids on the team.
          Clubs should hire the coaches they deem most qualified, parents or not. What they should not do is have parents coach their own kids. Someone said the politics isn't worth it and I totally agree. Reality is there are some nut job parents out there - if they think their kid is being slighted in the least (real or just perceived) they'll blame it on coach favoritism. If the coach will only coach his/her kid's team then hire someone else.

Comment

I could not agree with you more. If the coach is only in it for his own kids, this cannot be good for the other kids.

Comment

Clubs should hire the coaches they deem most qualified, parents or not. What they should not do is have parents coach their own kids. Someone said the politics isn't worth it and I totally agree. Reality is there are some nut job parents out there - if they think their kid is being slighted in the least (real or just perceived) they'll blame it on coach favoritism. If the coach will only coach his/her kid's team then hire someone else.
              Yes, I'm sure Zidane coaching Real Madrid B squad a couple years ago with his son as the GK was a real problem. I mean how qualified is that guy? If a parent is a quality coach like Kiefer for example at TBU now who has won multiple conference titles and earned NCAA trips at USF is the coach, and you're daughter isn't playing as much as you wanted, maybe its because she is not very good.

Comment

Yes, I'm sure Zidane coaching Real Madrid B squad a couple years ago with his son as the GK was a real problem. I mean how qualified is that guy? If a parent is a quality coach like Kiefer for example at TBU now who has won multiple conference titles and earned NCAA trips at USF is the coach, and you're daughter isn't playing as much as you wanted, maybe its because she is not very good.
                It actually was an issue with Zidane coaching his own son.
                Not anyone should coach their own kid, period.

Comment

Has Kiefer's team even started playing games yet? How are they complaining about playing time already?

GK and DSB are probably quality coaches but all things being equal I would rather my kid not play for a parent coach. Especially at the ECNL level with that much time and money invested it would not be worth taking a chance on possible drama. This also is both of theirs first year at a club like TBU so it will put it to the test more than the small clubs they came from.

Comment

Don't forget daddy coach has his daddy on the board. So in a sense u have a daddy board member as well.
                    This is the crazy thing about daddy coaches. It is fine if he coaches but not his child's team. It is too difficult especially with girls. Emotions are crazy in parent and daughter.

Comment

A kid at at our DA just got back from National training camp- was coached by his dad every single year except one. He is insane. When he was on my kids team and his dad was the coach prior to his kid joining DA we had the best of everything. It was awesome. They (dads) go above and beyond to do the best for their kids teams. We've got crap now. Grass is greener......

Comment

You are referring to the one and only coach who can coach his kids. He is the best coach in central Florida and no other coach compares. We were spoiled and I have to remind muskeg not to expect the same from other coaches (daddy or not)

Comment

Yawnnnn

Comment

A kid at at our DA just got back from National training camp- was coached by his dad every single year except one. He is insane. When he was on my kids team and his dad was the coach prior to his kid joining DA we had the best of everything. It was awesome. They (dads) go above and beyond to do the best for their kids teams. We've got crap now. Grass is greener......
                            Now lets list the 1,000,000 examples of when parent coaching has gone bad

Comment

Now lets list the 1,000,000 examples of when parent coaching has gone bad
                              Exactly. Examples like that are very rare - a dad who knows what he's doing, doesn't favor his kid, works hard for ALL the kids on the team, and the parents know it (because sometimes it's the suspicious parents who cause issues with daddy coaches not the coaches themselves). For every one of those there's 99 how who are the opposite.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X