Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Those rare and creative left footers are in high demand on the outside wing!
    If they are creative, in my opinion, why put them on the wing just because they are left footed- you would want your most creative players in the center of the park. Just a thought :)

Comment

If they are creative, in my opinion, why put them on the wing just because they are left footed- you would want your most creative players in the center of the park. Just a thought :)
      That would be too creative for a coach to try. Then who would play the left wing?

Comment

From post #20. Do coaches coach this good stuff?
        Lets start with something simple to understand. Dribbling: a player should dribble with their left foot when pressure is on their right. Same goes for the right foot when pressure is on the left. Most kids dribble with their right foot with pressure on their right and typically they lose the ball.

Now lets take this a bit further. Next in the game of soccer there is a defined reason why we use the left and the right foot. You always play a pass or receive the ball across your body so you can switch point of attack and play quickly. Example, a pass comes from the left side of the field to the middle you should receive the ball with your right foot in the opposite direction the ball came from facing your opponents goal. From here you make a pass from your left foot to a player on your right side in diagonal support (switch point). This makes soccer unpredictable and fast hence why USA lost 4-0. Argentina displayed this style of play all game where USA can't.

Lets add a step further to make the game faster. There is a language in this game that most Americans do not understand. 90% of the game when you make a pass with your left foot defensively or offensively you make a run to the left. Same for a right foot pass. This makes the game faster as runs are faster because of a players coordination movement. If you always head in a direction where your body's momentum is heading you can get to the next space or gap quicker compared to a player who does not understand this. If every player understands this everyone knows what each other is going to do without speaking and the game is extremely fast paced.
        I am the original poster and was trying to be help people understand. I have taught many players over the years and worked for large and small clubs. As I look across the field during the the training week at any given club this is not taught. Most coaches do not understand how to teach what I have described above.

Comment

I am the original poster and was trying to be help people understand. I have taught many players over the years and worked for large and small clubs. As I look across the field during the the training week at any given club this is not taught. Most coaches do not understand how to teach what I have described above.
          I think you are right. I did not play soccer but I have been watching players at camp and it is evident some are not being taught the very basic fundamentals.

Comment

Where are you? Our kids need a good teacher!

Comment

My daughter says she can use and shoot with her left and right foot equally and likes to play the left and right flank equally. How many players are ambidextrous?

Comment

Good question not sure however you need both feet to play and it's strange but better touch on weak foot !

Comment

Will Messi get the best left foot award?

Comment

Good question not sure however you need both feet to play and it's strange but better touch on weak foot !
                    I agree that you don't need both feet to play. Hope you also agree that need to be able to play with both feet to be a great player.

You don't need two eyes to drive. You will need two eyes to drive really well.

Same Idea!

Comment

My daughter says she can use and shoot with her left and right foot equally and likes to play the left and right flank equally. How many players are ambidextrous?
                      Can your daughter do the old shin trap? My son tries and tries but he can't do that shin trap...Must be one of those receiving techniques for women only

Comment

Who are the best lefties on the women's side?

Comment

Who are the best lefties on the women's side?
                          Yo Mama!! more strokes per second than with her right hand.

Ooohhhhh......you mean soccer. Sorry. She's too fat to play sports.

Comment

You don't hear of women famous for their left shot. Carli Lloyd shoots well equally with both. Her left footed distance shot is superb.

Comment

You don't hear of women famous for their left shot. Carli Lloyd shoots well equally with both. Her left footed distance shot is superb.
                              The reason you dont hear is because no one cares,that simple.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X