• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alejandro Bedoya's youth club to demand cut of transfer fee

http://www.espnfc.us/united-states/s...f-transfer-fee

Zig is the man

Comment

Did these players pay to play and if so how can a club demand part of the transfer fee?

Comment

I have no problem with Clubs looking for correct, legitimate compensation. I just think a Lot of clubs are jumping on the European model band-wagon.

I'm not saying that's the case for Bedoya. Just seems many clubs are looking to get paid or get recognition; maybe both.

In Dempsey, Bedoya and other's case, the whole DA system and "club development" wasn't in full swing yet.

Just my un-researched opinion.

Comment

The battle is who controls the money. It gets paid to us soccer.

Comment

Not a good look for Weston. Why don't Boston College and Fairleigh Dickinson get in on the money grab also?

Comment

the total amount Weston is looking at is $25,000
              Now discount the lawyers fees.

Weston may see little money at the end. Just raise the tuition for the club by 20 bucks and you may make this money without a sweat....

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                Did these players pay to play and if so how can a club demand part of the transfer fee?
                This, and if Weston cafe and part of his transfer fee why can't all the players that didn't make the pros sue Weston for some of their money back?

Comment

This, and if Weston cafe and part of his transfer fee why can't all the players that didn't make the pros sue Weston for some of their money back?
                  *can collect on

Damn autocorrect!

Comment

Not sure why the former pro player agent did not know this?
                    Not sure why AD and SZ who have been with Weston since the beginning never informed parents of the "process".

Comment

I have no problem with Clubs looking for correct, legitimate compensation. I just think a Lot of clubs are jumping on the European model band-wagon.

I'm not saying that's the case for Bedoya. Just seems many clubs are looking to get paid or get recognition; maybe both.

In Dempsey, Bedoya and other's case, the whole DA system and "club development" wasn't in full swing yet.

Just my un-researched opinion.
                      If these players paid for their training shouldn't the player get the money?

Comment

And what about the only coach to have actuallly coached him with tactics and increased his technical abilities. I'm talking of Alvin James the only true coach Weston ever had. You heard nothing from him only to guide the team and train Alejandro for 7 years. Those were Alejandros formidable years. From U-13 - U-19. I could give you the history of that team that Alvin coached with those boys and Alejandro Bedoya. What a team that was. And I think that is the reason why Weston was awarded the USSF DA because it didnt exist when he was coaching. And the progress that team made was well known all over the US... So i ask does Alvin receive any compensation too.....Zigler only started the club and started Alejandro at 9 or 10 but it was Alvin that developed him along with a slew of other great youth players.
                        What a Coach.

Comment

And what about the only coach to have actuallly coached him with tactics and increased his technical abilities. I'm talking of Alvin James the only true coach Weston ever had. You heard nothing from him only to guide the team and train Alejandro for 7 years. Those were Alejandros formidable years. From U-13 - U-19. I could give you the history of that team that Alvin coached with those boys and Alejandro Bedoya. What a team that was. And I think that is the reason why Weston was awarded the USSF DA because it didnt exist when he was coaching. And the progress that team made was well known all over the US... So i ask does Alvin receive any compensation too.....Zigler only started the club and started Alejandro at 9 or 10 but it was Alvin that developed him along with a slew of other great youth players.
                          What a Coach.
                          If you know so much about this team, you know AB was not the best player at all. As a matter of fact, he was a regular player. He did well once he went to college.
                          In regards to AJ, anyone could have taken that team far. They had talent. VP with Kendall beat them 4-1 in State Cup semifinals. Does that make VP the best coach in history then? Both good coaches but with talent everything is a lot easier, they both had massive talent.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X