X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Are you a coach
    Not Yo Yo, that wasn't me. I don't know who Yo Yo is. I no longer coach, though I was successful for many years. I now only consult on coaching and training best practices.

Comment

If you get tired of scrimmaging at practice that's an indication that your coach doesn't know what he's doing. Scrimmaging should only be an occasional break from real training.
      These are in addition to practices Einstein

Comment

These are in addition to practices Einstein
        Previous post said team is tired of intrasquad scrimmages. Point is, if you're scheduling an intrasquad scrimmage it's a practice session. Time would be better spent on actual training, not scrimmaging.

Sincerely,
        Albert

Comment

My daughter has played at both TBU and WFF and never much mentioning of the other club at either place. This is really a TS rivalry for dads.
          Same here. Most don't even know of a rivalry with so many transplants each year. Just smack talk by a few. When we were at WFF, Fish Hawk was talked about more than TBU, since most of the families live in FH and drive to WFF.

It is what it is. The talk is the same with both sides on here. After the merger fell apart and then ECNL for TBU there was tons of WFF threads with TBU smack talking. Just like the bunch of TBU treads now since WFF got GDA. But if you are strongly on one side you only see the other side trash talking. Probably because the TBU people defending TBU now were probably not the one from the club smack talking in May. Same the other way around.

Also we all assume every bit of trash is coming from WFF or TBU people. CC people and others from clubs around that have issues with these big easy targets. Its the internet and it is TS. You get what you came here for.

Comment

Same here. Most don't even know of a rivalry with so many transplants each year. Just smack talk by a few. When we were at WFF, Fish Hawk was talked about more than TBU, since most of the families live in FH and drive to WFF.

It is what it is. The talk is the same with both sides on here. After the merger fell apart and then ECNL for TBU there was tons of WFF threads with TBU smack talking. Just like the bunch of TBU treads now since WFF got GDA. But if you are strongly on one side you only see the other side trash talking. Probably because the TBU people defending TBU now were probably not the one from the club smack talking in May. Same the other way around.

Also we all assume every bit of trash is coming from WFF or TBU people. CC people and others from clubs around that have issues with these big easy targets. Its the internet and it is TS. You get what you came here for.
            I can agree with most of this. I think healthy debate is fine. Trash talking another thing. There will be a very direct comparison this year which is healthy for all to see. My guess is that TBU will be better in some age groups and worse in others. It's natural to see a direct comparison but will also be good to compare all Florida clubs. The goal should be to just be the best.

Comment

You are difinitely not a coach or someone who has played sports.

Previous post said team is tired of intrasquad scrimmages. Point is, if you're scheduling an intrasquad scrimmage it's a practice session. Time would be better spent on actual training, not scrimmaging.

Sincerely,
              Albert
              So, all of the pro teams (NFL, MLB, NBA, MLS, La Liga, EPL,....) all should spend more time training and not scrimmage other teams. You must no have ever played sports, it is always more fun to beat up on other teams than beating up of your teammates. Go ask your kid what they would rather do. I bet you they will tell you they want to play other teams.

Beside...these CDL games are extra scrimmages where they can try new things against different players that have not seen the moves you have learned. Go watch a training session and by the end on a particular drill, players know what is supposed to happen and stop playing the player and play the area because they know where the ball should be played.

Comment

So, all of the pro teams (NFL, MLB, NBA, MLS, La Liga, EPL,....) all should spend more time training and not scrimmage other teams. You must no have ever played sports, it is always more fun to beat up on other teams than beating up of your teammates. Go ask your kid what they would rather do. I bet you they will tell you they want to play other teams.

Beside...these CDL games are extra scrimmages where they can try new things against different players that have not seen the moves you have learned. Go watch a training session and by the end on a particular drill, players know what is supposed to happen and stop playing the player and play the area because they know where the ball should be played.
                What are you, stupid? Reading comprehension a little low? We're not talking about CDL games. The poster said "You get tied of scrimmaging your own team". I said intrasquad scrimmages are the sign of an inept coach who doesn't know how to train. That's "intra", not "inter". Look it up, and try to keep up, you make yourself look like a dumbass.

Sincerely,
                Albert

Comment

Here is the real deal. A decision made by the coach of the 01 team who shall remain nameless that the team needed to have some modicum of success this year and play familiar opponents that they can win games and appease the short sighted presents that only think about win now. Problem is when they lose to the cdl teams! Its that simple and really pathetic.

Comment

What are you, stupid? Reading comprehension a little low? We're not talking about CDL games. Your a Dumbass, OP was talking about CDL games as scrimmage game for TBU The poster said "You get tied of scrimmaging your own team". I said intrasquad scrimmages are the sign of an inept coach who doesn't know how to train. That's "intra", not "inter". Look it up, and try to keep up, you make yourself look like a dumbass.

Sincerely,
                    Albert
                    Hey Albutt,
                    The OP (#147) Click Me Albutt stated that "CDL game are nothing more then a scrimmage game for TBU" (Inter). It also stated that kids "get tied of scrimmaging your own team" (Intra).

If you knew anything about coaching soccer you would know that there are differ parts to a training session. Let me break it down for you like UEFA, US Soccer, NSCAA, and US Youth Soccer. Each session has 4 activities, Technical warm-up, Small Sided Game, Expanded Small Sided Game, Game (Scrimmage). So every training session will finish with a scrimmage. The intensity is what will vary depending on how physically demanding the training session is. So if your coach has a license from any these they know how to run a training session. Now weather or not they decide to train the way they have been taught is own them and you (pick the right coach for your kid).

So like the OP stated "CDL game are nothing more then a scrimmage game for TBU. These scrimmages are a little more intense then practice. You get tied of scrimmaging your own team. That is all..."

Signed,
                    F U

Comment

Hey Albutt,
                      The OP (#147) Click Me Albutt stated that "CDL game are nothing more then a scrimmage game for TBU" (Inter). It also stated that kids "get tied of scrimmaging your own team" (Intra).

If you knew anything about coaching soccer you would know that there are differ parts to a training session. Let me break it down for you like UEFA, US Soccer, NSCAA, and US Youth Soccer. Each session has 4 activities, Technical warm-up, Small Sided Game, Expanded Small Sided Game, Game (Scrimmage). So every training session will finish with a scrimmage. The intensity is what will vary depending on how physically demanding the training session is. So if your coach has a license from any these they know how to run a training session. Now weather or not they decide to train the way they have been taught is own them and you (pick the right coach for your kid).

So like the OP stated "CDL game are nothing more then a scrimmage game for TBU. These scrimmages are a little more intense then practice. You get tied of scrimmaging your own team. That is all..."

Signed,
                      F U
                      F U,

OP here, I don't need your help. I wasn't complaining about the CDL games. The team is tired of scrimmaging at practice because they're doing too much of it. As in, the coach scrimmages for the entire practice because he doesn't know what else to do. Do I need to name names? Now go look up the difference between weather and whether.

Comment

F U,

OP here, I don't need your help. I wasn't complaining about the CDL games. The team is tired of scrimmaging at practice because they're doing too much of it. As in, the coach scrimmages for the entire practice because he doesn't know what else to do. Do I need to name names? Now go look up the difference between weather and whether.
                        You must have TV as your coach... HAHAHAHAHA

Comment

You must have TV as your coach... HAHAHAHAHA
                          Or AB

Comment

Here is the real deal. A decision made by the coach of the 01 team who shall remain nameless that the team needed to have some modicum of success this year and play familiar opponents that they can win games and appease the short sighted presents that only think about win now. Problem is when they lose to the cdl teams! Its that simple and really pathetic.
                            Signed, Troll

Comment

Are you saying this thread, titled "TBU ECNL teams playing CDL" is a WFF thread? If so, why did WFF start a thread in regard to TBU ECNL teams playing CDL? Apparently, so that WFF could attack TBU. Regardless, it is widely recognized in the "soccer community" that TBU is the best club for girls soccer in the Bay area and surrounding counties.

If I were at the WFF club and had any hopes of trying to attract any girls from TBU to GDA, I wouldn't be constantly posting negative messages trying to tear down the teams at TBU. Amongst the players and parents at TBU all that does is make them want to stay the heck away from Brandon because the club is perceived as having a bunch of psychos!

WFF should take the high road and smugly know that you are better (if that's true?) instead of trying to criticize TBU so much.
                              WFF not capable of taking the high road - can't help themselves. Much like Donald Trump, they fancy themselves superior but their inflated ego forces them to lash out with nasty, negative attacks on their perceived foes. Then that encourages quality families to stay clear of Brandon and then that fuels their inferiority complex and they lash out again and the cycle continues. Will have a hard time attracting world class players to GDA with these outbursts.

Comment

WFF not capable of taking the high road - can't help themselves. Much like Donald Trump, they fancy themselves superior but their inflated ego forces them to lash out with nasty, negative attacks on their perceived foes. Then that encourages quality families to stay clear of Brandon and then that fuels their inferiority complex and they lash out again and the cycle continues. Will have a hard time attracting world class players to GDA with these outbursts.

Yeah. TBU rules. WFF sucks ass.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X