Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I told you put $ on Cheshire, and boy was I right. Gonna make noise late this fall take it to the bank.
    Prep>Cheshire

Comment

I told you put $ on Cheshire, and boy was I right. Gonna make noise late this fall take it to the bank.
      Cheshire is a bunch of circus small people shooting themselves out of fake cannons. Car rides home are fun tho

Comment

Cheshire is a bunch of circus small people shooting themselves out of fake cannons. Car rides home are fun tho
        Lmaoooooooo

Comment

Weston crushes Brookfield to move to 9-0. The real deal

Comment

Weston crushes Brookfield to move to 9-0. The real deal
            SWCs there’s for the taking, State another story.
            Keep in mind that something bad seems to always happen when a team has a perfect record.

Post Season playoffs is all that counts.

Comment

Keep in mind that something bad seems to always happen when a team has a perfect record.

Haven’t had an undefeated SWC boys team for awhile. Remaining schedule is favorable only tests include Newtown, New Milford and perhaps Bethel

Class L is an easier playoff than LL. Look for a long run

Comment

Haven’t had an undefeated SWC boys team for awhile. Remaining schedule is favorable only tests include Newtown, New Milford and perhaps Bethel

Why would you say New Milford? I’d say New Fairfield and also Masuk, despite average seasons, won’t be a cakewalk either.

Comment

Good example: 2 (?) years ago Barlow had a lousy record but wound up making it to state finals. The following year they had a very good record and got knocked out fairly quickly (also had a tough draw against the eventual winner). There are some poor teams in L so if you get lucky with your draw you can get pretty far into states without barely breaking a sweat.

Comment

Why would you say New Milford? I’d say New Fairfield and also Masuk, despite average seasons, won’t be a cakewalk either.
                    Have you looked at Masuks and New Fairfield’s records? A combined 4 conference wins

Comment

Good example: 2 (?) years ago Barlow had a lousy record but wound up making it to state finals. The following year they had a very good record and got knocked out fairly quickly (also had a tough draw against the eventual winner). There are some poor teams in L so if you get lucky with your draw you can get pretty far into states without barely breaking a sweat.
                      Yeah both years losing to Hand. But you are correct it’s all about the draw

Masuk had a strong L run last two years. First as a low seed and second as a top seed. SWC teams tend to do well in L because they play a lot of LL in conference

Comment

SWC typically has a team like Weston every year. However, playoffs and elimination games are a different story to regular season. But home field is nice to have and does provide some advantage.

Class L is no easier than LL. The champion of both should play against each other and I bet it would be a toss up every year. The good teams in L play against the best LL teams in their conference play and do very well against them.

Comment

Have you looked at Masuks and New Fairfield’s records? A combined 4 conference wins
                          Not the OP, but I think the point was likely that New Fairfield best New Milford 4-1, so why say NM is a remaining challenge for Weston and not NF? Looking also at Masuks results, yes they’re having a down year but they’re still a tough out. I’d be surprised if Weston goes undefeated actually.

Comment

SWC typically has a team like Weston every year. However, playoffs and elimination games are a different story to regular season. But home field is nice to have and does provide some advantage.

Class L is no easier than LL. The champion of both should play against each other and I bet it would be a toss up every year. The good teams in L play against the best LL teams in their conference play and do very well against them.
                            Top teams in L are very very good. Would give LL top teams a great game

But L isn’t as deep as LL. LL has more depth top to bottom and L is top heavy. This is what makes L easier

Comment

Not the OP, but I think the point was likely that New Fairfield best New Milford 4-1, so why say NM is a remaining challenge for Weston and not NF? Looking also at Masuks results, yes they’re having a down year but they’re still a tough out. I’d be surprised if Weston goes undefeated actually.
                              That was a surprising result. NM has been hot and cold.

NF has been poor. Masuk can’t score

Weston runs the table with a deep senior led team

Comment

Um no. Hand and Avon the last 4 years would not have beaten the Class LL Champion. Not even close

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X