Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Some of these bigger public schools, though, what's the defense for not winning more? They have classes 3x the size of STJ and strong town teams. The only town that seems like it's putting it together is Staples. Coaching?
    Strong town teams?? Who has that, travel soccer is horrendous

Staples have a CFC pipeline which is why they are improving, what about the other towns?

Glastonbury have been so strong in the past because of there premier links.

Comment

Strong town teams?? Who has that, travel soccer is horrendous

Staples have a CFC pipeline which is why they are improving, what about the other towns?

Glastonbury have been so strong in the past because of there premier links.
      I get it, but this is HS soccer we're talking about. Having a strong town travel program would presumably translate to strong HS soccer. I'm not looking for them to compete in ECNL. What's the excuse when you have 600 girls in the school and strong town soccer? How can you not be decent? Example: Greenwich HS has 2600 students. So 800 girls across 4 years. You telling me you can't field a team that's competitive?

Comment

Ridgefield's mantra: "Time to park the bus!"
        that's a bold statement against a team that has had a lot of success and doubtful that was the case v greenwich.

Comment

I get it, but this is HS soccer we're talking about. Having a strong town travel program would presumably translate to strong HS soccer. I'm not looking for them to compete in ECNL. What's the excuse when you have 600 girls in the school and strong town soccer? How can you not be decent? Example: Greenwich HS has 2600 students. So 800 girls across 4 years. You telling me you can't field a team that's competitive?
          Greenwhich has a strong town lax program not a strong town soccer program.

Comment

that's a bold statement against a team that has had a lot of success and doubtful that was the case v greenwich.
            That’s their style-nothing wrong with it
            They play good D and beat you with set pieces

Comment

That's true more so for L schools than LL. LL schools are so large that it's easier to fill a roster with club players. L tends to have some club players and the rest travel and/or great athletes.

Comment

No you can’t

Comment

That’s their style-nothing wrong with it
                  They play good D and beat you with set pieces
                  Agree 100%. Ridgefield relies on set pieces to beat teams like SJ and Staples. Any opponent that allows Ridgefield to score on set pieces deserves to lose to them.

Comment

Agree 100%. Ridgefield relies on set pieces to beat teams like SJ and Staples. Any opponent that allows Ridgefield to score on set pieces deserves to lose to them.
                    The coach does a great job playing with what he has. They do play a defend and counter style, so they are tough to score on and rely on scoring with set pieces. You can't foul them or give them corners. If you do they will score.

Comment

Greenwhich has a strong town lax program not a strong town soccer program.
                      LAx and Field hockey programs dominate as they hit HS age. Also town girls program isn’t very strong, just quantity. Unfortunately those that stay in soccer migrate to a Shoreline and Greenwich United - weak girls programs.

Comment

800 girls out of 2600? Math major?

Comment

Ridgefield's mantra: "Time to park the bus!"
                          Teams that park the bus don’t typically have more Shots on Goal than their opponents.

But facts aside, you are right - Ridgefield sucks!

Comment

Teams that park the bus don’t typically have more Shots on Goal than their opponents.

Who said they sucked?

Comment

2017 Class LL final: Ridgefield beats Staples 2-1 after scoring off a free kick and and a corner.

2017 Class LL semi final: Game against Glastonbury is scoreless. Ridgefield wins on PKs.

2016 FCIAC Championship: Ridgefieldbeats St. Joseph 1-0, scoring off a free kick

What about the 5-3 loss to Glastonbury in 2015 Class LL final? One of those goals must have come from passing the ball up the field between players, right?

Goal #1: corner kick
                              Goal #2: corner kick
                              Goal #3: free kick

Don’t believe me - you can read about it in the local Ridgefield paper:

https://www.theridgefieldpress.com/9...s-fall-awards/

“Play: Since set pieces were a source of scoring all season for the Ridgefield girls soccer team, it was unsurprising that the Tigers converted two of them in their 2-1 victory over Staples in the Class LL state finals. But it was the second of those perfectly executed goals that proved more meaningful. On a corner kick in the 59th minute, Caitlin Slaminko delivered a precise service that defender Claire Middlebrook headed home for a 2-0 lead. When Staples scored later in the contest, Middlebrook’s second goal turned out to be the game-winner.”

From The Ruden Report:

“In soccer if you don’t concede you don’t lose,” Golding said. “When you get to knockout contests and you don’t score the game is going to go to penalties. Last night we defended very well; Lauren had a few very good saves that kept us in the game. We had some good chances to score and didn’t take them. It was a good team performance.

Defense has been the Tigers’ trademark during this run.”

Comment

Staples CFC pipeline equals how many state championships? Actually, let’s not reach... how many FCIAC Championships? If there is such a pipeline it wasn’t built to win championships, it was built to pay for New Turf field and gofer removal. Town Travel teams can beat most CFC NPL and branch teams. ECNL at U16 and up is when CFC starts to not worry about hurting players feelings, especially ones they convinced to move from town travel at U9. Those players get hidden on inferior teams and play in remote locations.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X