Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How in the world do those who live in the South have the best soccer teams when they must cancel practice every day.
    I gues we should not even bother trying to attend Qatar
    I'm in the "south". Practices get shortened, pushed later or canceled when it is a heat index like you have.

The human body is not different in the south and there is no acclimation for that kind of heat index.

Comment

I'm in the "south". Practices get shortened, pushed later or canceled when it is a heat index like you have.

The human body is not different in the south and there is no acclimation for that kind of heat index.
      Y’all be safe.

Comment

Not sure what this means...

But come on, guys. We all survived life without every little precaution. There is definite truth to the softening of our culture, in all regards, and not all of it is bad.
        But these 1st world problems need to be put into perspective. It’s like we manufacture ways to make it ok for our kids to: fill in the blank.
        We cancel in the snow and cold, we cancel when it’s hot, if it’s raining, no refs, etc...
        Oddly, though, we rarely cancel for poor grade performance...hhhmmm

Just let’em play, have a team organized pickup match, study together, but for Heaven’s sake, let’em play
        My D's team has never cancelled for the cold, she cannot play if she get's poor grades (house rules), and on my opinion 104 heat index is too hot to play 'a game' in. Kids play in WAY worse conditions these days than when I was a kid, these players are much tougher than those 20/30 years ago.

Comment

Not sure what this means...

But come on, guys. We all survived life without every little precaution. There is definite truth to the softening of our culture, in all regards, and not all of it is bad.
          But these 1st world problems need to be put into perspective. It’s like we manufacture ways to make it ok for our kids to: fill in the blank.
          We cancel in the snow and cold, we cancel when it’s hot, if it’s raining, no refs, etc...
          Oddly, though, we rarely cancel for poor grade performance...hhhmmm

Just let’em play, have a team organized pickup match, study together, but for Heaven’s sake, let’em play
          No one wants to the liability of making kids practice on a day where it is deemed unsafe to do so. My kid's club canceled all practices today for girls and boys and I am pretty sure it is the right move. Not worth the risk for one day of practice.

Comment

All this noise and posturing. The simple answer to OPs OQ is “Yes”

Comment

No one wants to the liability of making kids practice on a day where it is deemed unsafe to do so. My kid's club canceled all practices today for girls and boys and I am pretty sure it is the right move. Not worth the risk for one day of practice.
              Going to be hot through Friday.

Comment

What age are we talking about? If it's under u14 why not cancel especially this week.? High school I can see moving ahead or back in the day just. Just as a coach I don't see the point of practicing 90 plus it's about 6 pm and it's 93 out not on truf. Also by the time it cools down it will be to dark to practice. i know for some on here it's simple to say lets throw our kids out there because I'll be sitting in the nice a/c car while little Mia is out running around.

I know some one mentioned the south and how are they good down there with this type of heat.
                Just wanted to point out it's not always this hot down there and also they get to practice outside for the most part all year round.

Comment

What age are we talking about? If it's under u14 why not cancel especially this week.? High school I can see moving ahead or back in the day just. Just as a coach I don't see the point of practicing 90 plus it's about 6 pm and it's 93 out not on truf. Also by the time it cools down it will be to dark to practice. i know for some on here it's simple to say lets throw our kids out there because I'll be sitting in the nice a/c car while little Mia is out running around.

I know some one mentioned the south and how are they good down there with this type of heat.
                  Just wanted to point out it's not always this hot down there and also they get to practice outside for the most part all year round.
                  Don’t you guys feel even the slightest bit wimpy?
                  Isn’t there a little voice somewhere?

Comment

My D's team has never cancelled for the cold, she cannot play if she get's poor grades (house rules), and on my opinion 104 heat index is too hot to play 'a game' in. Kids play in WAY worse conditions these days than when I was a kid, these players are much tougher than those 20/30 years ago.
                    Few homes or schools had AC when we were kids. I vividly remember when we got it in our home in high school. The high school never had it and was one reason they tore it down in the early 2000s. My college dorm had no AC. Kids now are much less tough than we were. It takes time to get conditioned to this kind of heat and humidity and kids aren't good at listening to their bodies. No need to cancel but modification's are a must

Comment

Don’t you guys feel even the slightest bit wimpy?
                      Isn’t there a little voice somewhere?
                      I get what your saying but it's a different time now.
                      First I'm sure a club doesn't want to get sued having a practice when it's 90 plus out.
                      I think the little voice now in most people is common sense. If it's 90 out do you want your 10 year old running on turf for an hour and a half? I think there's to much information out there now about what heat can do to a person. I get it I'm sure when you were younger you would play when's it's 100 out with no water breaks.
                      Just like concussions now if there's any signs of a head injury the player is taken off. When I was a kid you would have had to be knocked out to be taken off the field.
                      Which way is better in the long run.
                      Again msure the kids would be fine if they practiced when it's 90 out but why risk it.

Comment

She has never played summer ball?
                        She played with my balls this summer

Comment

I get what your saying but it's a different time now.
                          First I'm sure a club doesn't want to get sued having a practice when it's 90 plus out.
                          I think the little voice now in most people is common sense. If it's 90 out do you want your 10 year old running on turf for an hour and a half? I think there's to much information out there now about what heat can do to a person. I get it I'm sure when you were younger you would play when's it's 100 out with no water breaks.
                          Just like concussions now if there's any signs of a head injury the player is taken off. When I was a kid you would have had to be knocked out to be taken off the field.
                          Which way is better in the long run.
                          Again msure the kids would be fine if they practiced when it's 90 out but why risk it.
                          Better keep building indoor arenas; soon, no outdoor sports allowed between rising temps and uv rays. Global warming is coming to get us.
                          Of course, it’s self fulfilling as air conditioning is one of the top contributers to GW.

Comment

Did you smile as you wrote this? Did you think it up all by yourself?
                            Shepherd Hill grad, huh...

Comment

Sirebyoubwuickly found another game to play as she kicks those balls with a lot of force . Ouch!

Comment

Y’all be safe.
                                And y'all can be stupid.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X