OSAA 2018 Girls High School

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like the previous poster said Tigard, Sherwood, Clackamas and I would add a few others too, that may be hitting their stride come playoffs. Early season games are just prepping for when it matters. Win and losses don't mean that much week 1 through 7. All preseason is for would be prepping for coaches to get used to their teams, players getting used to teammates and playoff positioning. League play is the start of the real season. I just think it is a little early to be giving Jesuit the title and acting like they have already won when these other teams are going to be getting better with more games. The teams we see in the first few weeks of the season could be a completely different team by playoffs. Maybe Jesuit does come out on top but that chapter has not been written yet. I just hope they continue to be overconfident and think they will win it easy. How will they handle a close game is also valuable come playoffs. Just last season, Jesuit who had been rolling everybody was taken into OT by Tualatin. That is one of those teams that come in low in the rankings, but peak when it matters. I have noticed there are some very deep and loaded teams that have girls that can play high level soccer and they know when it matters and what they will need to do to win. Good luck to all of the high school teams and I see an exciting year in the making.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      That's a Double-bro FOUL. Can not respond to a 'bro' comment with a return 'bro' as a response! The second 'bro' is not authentic.
      How about getting lunched in the mouth? Where else are you supposed to eat lunch?

Comment

Like the previous poster said Tigard, Sherwood, Clackamas and I would add a few others too, that may be hitting their stride come playoffs. Early season games are just prepping for when it matters. Win and losses don't mean that much week 1 through 7. All preseason is for would be prepping for coaches to get used to their teams, players getting used to teammates and playoff positioning. League play is the start of the real season. I just think it is a little early to be giving Jesuit the title and acting like they have already won when these other teams are going to be getting better with more games. The teams we see in the first few weeks of the season could be a completely different team by playoffs. Maybe Jesuit does come out on top but that chapter has not been written yet. I just hope they continue to be overconfident and think they will win it easy. How will they handle a close game is also valuable come playoffs. Just last season, Jesuit who had been rolling everybody was taken into OT by Tualatin. That is one of those teams that come in low in the rankings, but peak when it matters. I have noticed there are some very deep and loaded teams that have girls that can play high level soccer and they know when it matters and what they will need to do to win. Good luck to all of the high school teams and I see an exciting year in the making.
        How did you come up with the opinion that Jesuit is overconfident and they will win it easy? I am pretty confident that none of the high school players from Jesuit, W. Salem, Clackamas, etc... are posting here.

It is soccer and it is HS sports. When playoffs hit, anyone can win a single game.

Comment

Nicely said and diplomatic. However, they will not lose during the year. A playoff game is another story. A good coach could make it really hard for them to score and force the game to PK's. But very unlikely.

Comment

It is not fair that Stanford is allowed to play in the Pac12 or even the NCAA. They are a top school and all of the best female players want to go to Stanford.
            The big difference is that Stanford has academic requirements for entry, so only really smart jocks get to play there, Jesuit takes any ol knuckle dragger that can play.

Comment

The big difference is that Stanford has academic requirements for entry, so only really smart jocks get to play there, Jesuit takes any ol knuckle dragger that can play.
              If that was the case then Kevin Love would have gone to Jesuit instead of Lake Oswego.

Comment

If that was the case then Kevin Love would have gone to Jesuit instead of Lake Oswego.
                Jesuit did not have their act together back then, and sucked. I simply asked for a Tahoe, and they were not able to make it happen.

Regards,

K. Love

Comment

How about getting lunched in the mouth? Where else are you supposed to eat lunch?
                  There is actually NO answer for that one. Choose (e), none of the above.

Comment

Jesuit did not have their act together back then, and sucked. I simply asked for a Tahoe, and they were not able to make it happen.

Regards,

K. Love
                    Maybe the transfer window was closed?

Comment

So by your logic Jesuit should also be getting better - correct? Or will they be getting worse? If you watched Tualatin play last year you would have seen a game where they stacked 8 players in the box against Jesuit, had zero shots on goal and would not have won that game in pk's.

Comment

So by your logic Jesuit should also be getting better - correct? Or will they be getting worse? If you watched Tualatin play last year you would have seen a game where they stacked 8 players in the box against Jesuit, had zero shots on goal and would not have won that game in pk's.
                        Truth. No one beats Jesuit this year. Not even close. Don’t forget Jesuit graduated half the team and is rebuilding. If you think Jesuit is good now, just wait till playoffs.

Comment

That is possible, it will be fun to see. If we go by the past, these other good teams make adjustments and do better against them in the playoffs. This is not saying they will be beat, but just like in the NBA playoffs, one team can get beat one game, even badly sometimes and then come back with a new strategy and win. Oh I love sports and Jesuit parents passion. This is what makes it fun. I do sense a little nervousness in them in this thread and I understand why. I'm sure they know there are teams that are deeper and more talented than they are this year. They still have tough games ahead of them and some of these teams they have beaten or will beat in preseason will probably remember that. Its sometimes hard to beat a good team twice in a season. I will give credit though, it is hard to have that bulls-eye on your back and continue winning like they have been. Obviously they deserve to be on top at this point.

Comment

doesn't everybody rebuild every year? I thought that is what HS soccer does. Seniors graduate and then new people take over. The very definition of rebuilding. That is one of the most ridiculous comments I've ever heard. They are beatable it just may be the finals.

Comment

Exactly! I think 50 6A teams or rebuilding and only one that is not.... Mountainside

Comment

Jesuit beat:
                                Lincoln 6-0
                                Clackamas 5-0
                                Camas (WA) 6-1
                                Oregon City 9-0
                                West Salem 9-0
                                South Salem 9-0

Anyone who thinks anyone has a chance to beat them this year is smoking some good stuff.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X