Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why is it coward coaching? They did get a goal. If your only chance to to get points out of the game is to put 10 behind the ball that's kind of smart no?
    Put it this way if NN gets into the tournament by getting this tie/point coach looks pretty smart.
    Say NN went for it and got crushed I'm sure people here would say the NN coach is clueless.
    There is nothing coward about it. You play to win the game. And if that is what you have to do, you do it. No different than any other sport.

Comment

Coward coaching putting 10 players back on defense and playing for a tie.
      Are you serious? Win something before crowning yourself elite. All I've heard the last couple of years is how good the team is and they are no shows when it counts. No I know why.

Comment

First post on this subject:

I don't think poster was saying any of those teams would win D1, I think they were saying that it would be tougher than people think for D1 teams to just run through D2

I agree that D1 south is loaded and it's the toughest of any bracket in the state, but I also agree that top teams in D2 could play with top teams in D1, may not win but would give them a hell of a battle.

I also agree that bottom of D2 bracket is weaker and there are some early round lopsided games. D1 will have a few teams that are weak make it, but it also isn't effected by the Sullivan Rule, where a team can be under .500 and make the tourney.

Always a fun argument to have though, but one that will be tough to prove either way. We should all agree that despite what others think we actually have some pretty damn good soccer being played in Massachusetts.
        This is well said, and I agree with all of it, along with prior poster’s claim. Any randomly picked D1 team will likely - i say 95% - crush a randomly picked D2 team. The question though is how many D1 teams would beat The D2 state champs. To that I agree the number is about 4 each year. Yes D1 is better, but most arent better than D2’s best

Comment

Not op.

NDA already lost a couple of games this year so I don't think they could win division 1. Not sure about the division 2 tournament.

Does Medway play Danvers soon? That should be a better indication than the scrimmages.
          Danvers wins 4-3

Comment

This is well said, and I agree with all of it, along with prior poster’s claim. Any randomly picked D1 team will likely - i say 95% - crush a randomly picked D2 team. The question though is how many D1 teams would beat The D2 state champs. To that I agree the number is about 4 each year. Yes D1 is better, but most arent better than D2’s best
            More like 8-10

Comment

More like 8-10
              Nope. 4 is about right +- 1

Comment

Nope. 4 is about right +- 1
                Natick, KP, newton south , Danvers, WH , Hingham Brookline and Mansfield would all win the D2 tournament with ease. Not even an argument.

Comment

Natick, KP, newton south , Danvers, WH , Hingham Brookline and Mansfield would all win the D2 tournament with ease. Not even an argument.
                  Isn't Danvers a D2 team?

Comment

Danvers wins 4-3
                    Medway's keeper (who has a D1 scholarship locked up) overrated or they made some terrible defensive errors?

Comment

Isn't Danvers a D2 team?
                      Danvers is D2.

I don't think those teams would win 'with ease' but they would probably win in close matches.

There are 4 or so D2 teams that can compete with the top D1 teams for sure.

Comment

One of those D2 teams not even mentioned played Hingham to a draw last week

Comment

This only their second year in D2. They asked to be dropped down last year after years of futility in D1 tournament. Hingham also just lost their best player to an acl injury.

Comment

Silver lake tied Hingham. Silver lake is d1 and a decent team but not a top team.

Comment

Silver lake tied Hingham. Silver lake is d1 and a decent team but not a top team.
                              Silver lake dropped down to D2 last year

Comment

This only their second year in D2. They asked to be dropped down last year after years of futility in D1 tournament. Hingham also just lost their best player to an acl injury.
                                Teams can't ask to be dropped down the MIAA realigns divisions every couple of years based on enrollment based on gender. As school system can have a boys team in division 1 and a girls team in division 2

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X