Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sorry if the truth hurts, but that is the state of HS soccer these days...

It's not up to me to "get out" it's up to my kid, hopefully she'll decide to pass on it next year-she's worked too hard and sacrificed too much to get to the point she has. Like I said, these fat asses and their loser parents could never comprehend what it takes to play at the level she does and achieve what she has achieved. Undoubtedly you included...
    Nope.

Comment

TRANSLATION:..... looked like my daughter was only going to make JV again next year as a junior .... so glad its almost over so my wife and I can safe face and not have to explain to all of the travel parents and lacrosse parents why we spend so much money on ECNL with so few results.
      Nope. Kid's been a Varsity Starter since Freshman and has made all the "ALL" fill in the blank lists, face it, HS ball ain't what it used to be. It's a celebration of all the fat ass goon town team players.

Comment

Nope. Kid's been a Varsity Starter since Freshman and has made all the "ALL" fill in the blank lists, face it, HS ball ain't what it used to be. It's a celebration of all the fat ass goon town team players.
        They are not worthy of your kid's presence on the field. you should remove yourself from theses peasants and go hang with the masters of the soccer universe where your little princess clearly belongs.

Comment

Sorry if the truth hurts, but that is the state of HS soccer these days...

It's not up to me to "get out" it's up to my kid, hopefully she'll decide to pass on it next year-she's worked too hard and sacrificed too much to get to the point she has. Like I said, these fat asses and their loser parents could never comprehend what it takes to play at the level she does and achieve what she has achieved. Undoubtedly you included...
          So she's going to skip her senior year? Play crap GDA instead? Sure. But I'm sure the other HS parents would be glad to see you gone

Comment

you seem to get some kicks calling the HS girls your daughter has been playing with and against "fat asses".

Comment

Well, I don't agree with some of the terminology and innuendo the poster is making about HS, but he's not wrong.

Plenty of players with goals beyond HS play it because their team shuts down and have no other good choice. More, though, find the injury risk is too great and will just work on fitness/side training at that time.

Just reality, sorry if that hurts some feelings.

Comment

No hurt feelings. regular HS players' **** stinks and your princess is one of those amazing kids that never even ****s period. she is so very special.

Comment

Long Island SC GDa

So HS soccer makes kids better?
                  nope just saying US Soccer has got on board with the soccer club business like susa, barca and everyone else.

They market to idiot parents saying "hey, join da...we are to good for HS" and parents like to say at the water cooler at work "my kid is to good for HS" Its all BS, its all marketing, its all smoke and mirrors (same with ecnl) sorry to be the rainmaker.

The Truth is its all BS...If your kid is truly gifted and talented (we are talking about the kid that is 1 in 10,000 and its probably not your kid either)...they will be noticed no matter where they are playing.

The Cream always rises to the top, always.

Comment

nope just saying US Soccer has got on board with the soccer club business like susa, barca and everyone else.

They market to idiot parents saying "hey, join da...we are to good for HS" and parents like to say at the water cooler at work "my kid is to good for HS" Its all BS, its all marketing, its all smoke and mirrors (same with ecnl) sorry to be the rainmaker.

The Truth is its all BS...If your kid is truly gifted and talented (we are talking about the kid that is 1 in 10,000 and its probably not your kid either)...they will be noticed no matter where they are playing.

The Cream always rises to the top, always.
                    You are simply misinformed. EDP is absolute trash so whoever suggested that as a viable league is mistaken. HS is coached by gym teachers with 90 year old refs. Might as well be playing rugby out there.

Comment

You are simply misinformed. EDP is absolute trash so whoever suggested that as a viable league is mistaken. HS is coached by gym teachers with 90 year old refs. Might as well be playing rugby out there.
                      The cream always rises. But carry on and hawk your wares. Which league is it that we should buy?

Comment

The cream always rises. But carry on and hawk your wares. Which league is it that we should buy?
                        The cream always rises? Not by accident it doesn't. So if you think a town team and some HS coached by the math teacher will bring out all that untapped potential....good luck with that.

Comment

No hurt feelings. regular HS players' **** stinks and your princess is one of those amazing kids that never even ****s period. she is so very special.
                          Certainly seems like hurt feelings based on your reaction.

My kid doesn't want to play HS. She loves the girls who do play and supports them. They understand where she's at and it's no hard feelings.

Seems it's more of an issue to parents than it is for the kids.

Sad. Parents out to ruin another experience for kids.

Comment

Certainly seems like hurt feelings based on your reaction.

My kid doesn't want to play HS. She loves the girls who do play and supports them. They understand where she's at and it's no hard feelings.

Seems it's more of an issue to parents than it is for the kids.

Sad. Parents out to ruin another experience for kids.
                            She loves the slow, poor quality, fat assess and lowers herself to play with them and grace the team with her presence. What a champ.

Comment

She loves the slow, poor quality, fat assess and lowers herself to play with them and grace the team with her presence. What a champ.
                              Not the fat-ass poster.

I have nothing bad to say about any of my daughter's friends.

Weird, she also is a straight A math student, but where the angst that she hasn't joined the math team? She can argue like nothing you've seen or heard before, where is the angst that she hasn't joined the debate team?

Just because you may be good at something and want to achieve something different, doesn't mean you have to follow a path because mommy and daddy followed the same path decades ago.

Comment

My kid plays ECNL (strong team) & HS (strong team in standings). She's in Newsday all the time and gets all sorts of end of season accolades. I EFFING HATE HS BALL. It's filled with a bunch of low level rugby players from crappy town teams ...sorry "EDP" teams, that wouldn't even be able to ride the bench on my kid's ECNL team. They're slow, sloppy and reckless and that's on their best day. The parents are the absolute worst, losers who are seeking low level glory for their kids who get winded after a 10 yard run.

I supported my kid playing HS because she liked it up until this year...the jealousy and envy really hit full tilt once my kid committed to a great academic school with a sick soccer program! These fat ass kids wouldn't be able to get her college coach come see one of their crap games if they paid them, let alone garner any interest or $. I'm trying not to influence her, but I'm thrilled that my kid is showing signs of not wanting to play HS next year!!!

Never felt this way with my older daughter who played HS just 4 years ago, but it seems the goons have truly taken over and the jerk off parents have gotten exponentially worse. GOOD RIDDANCE, can't wait 'til it's over!!!

but, but, but, the social aspect is so important....I am waiting for all those parents to chime in....I couldn't agree with this post any more

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X