Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That occurs at all clubs. Many will talk but few will walk. This group should see an increase in attention from rising U14 players. As will the neighboring ECNL club across I4. Those players that live in the middle may be the difference makers.
    I agree with this. 100%

Comment

Who were those games against?
      I'm starting to think those 5-1 games were against Rec teams as noone wants to post who the wins were against.

Comment

I'm starting to think those 5-1 games were against Rec teams as noone wants to post who the wins were against.
        The U14 NPL team.

Comment

The U14 NPL team.
          Not exactly... tell us more...

Comment

Lets tell the truth here. It was 1-1 at the half. Then the coaches moved players to different sides. Some NPL players moved to ECNL team and some ECNL players moved to NPL team. Not to mention both teams were missing numerous players. But does it really matter. There are players on both teams that should be switched or not on either team.

Comment

Lets tell the truth here. It was 1-1 at the half. Then the coaches moved players to different sides. Some NPL players moved to ECNL team and some ECNL players moved to NPL team. Not to mention both teams were missing numerous players. But does it really matter. There are players on both teams that should be switched or not on either team.
              Yes. Let's tell the truth. It was a keep away game for the first half. Rather embarrassing if you were on the NPL side. And the switching, all 5 goals came from 2 ECNL players. 1 player scored 4 and another 1. So please, do tell the truth. Back to the drawing board mom, you got a Looooonnnnnggggg way to go.

Comment

The game was Lopsided. Possession was 70/30 in the first 30 minutes. 1-0 after 30 min, the subs went in and then the ONLY shot for the NPL team came towards the end of the first half equalizing the game. It was 3-1 before any serious switching of players occurred and the NPL team received 3 solid midfielders at that time. It ended 5-1 just as before but I agree both teams were missing players and its not fair to say the result of 5-1 is representative because of the missing and switching of players. I personally feel that our NPL team has a very good side but would still come out on the wrong side if you played the game 10 times. I will agree with you that on THIS years team there are 3 maybe 4 players that could make a contribution on the ECNL team but I am not the coach and those decisions are above my pay grade. I doubt they would crack the starting lineup and depending on the turnout for tryouts in May will be at risk. As a parent I am interested in fielding the best team possible and I don't care where the players come from. I hope the coaches give the NPL players that tryout a fair look.

Comment

The game was Lopsided. Possession was 70/30 in the first 30 minutes. 1-0 after 30 min, the subs went in and then the ONLY shot for the NPL team came towards the end of the first half equalizing the game. It was 3-1 before any serious switching of players occurred and the NPL team received 3 solid midfielders at that time. It ended 5-1 just as before but I agree both teams were missing players and its not fair to say the result of 5-1 is representative because of the missing and switching of players. I personally feel that our NPL team has a very good side but would still come out on the wrong side if you played the game 10 times. I will agree with you that on THIS years team there are 3 maybe 4 players that could make a contribution on the ECNL team but I am not the coach and those decisions are above my pay grade. I doubt they would crack the starting lineup and depending on the turnout for tryouts in May will be at risk. As a parent I am interested in fielding the best team possible and I don't care where the players come from. I hope the coaches give the NPL players that tryout a fair look.
                  All except the loudmouth!

Comment

Regarding the current U13 pre-ECNL team, I do expect to see some changes (either coaching or selection of player) over the summer as it transitions over to ECNL. With only a few games left in NPL, the team does not seem as competitive as it should.

I don't anticipate OCYS losing many impactful players. TBU also may keep their core and not lose many as parents believe that ECNL may not be worth the move. In saying that, there are a handful of game changing players possibly available this summer at the smaller clubs in central Florida.

Comment

Regarding the current U13 pre-ECNL team, I do expect to see some changes (either coaching or selection of player) over the summer as it transitions over to ECNL. With only a few games left in NPL, the team does not seem as competitive as it should.

I don't anticipate OCYS losing many impactful players. TBU also may keep their core and not lose many as parents believe that ECNL may not be worth the move. In saying that, there are a handful of game changing players possibly available this summer at the smaller clubs in central Florida.
                      You clearly know what you are talking about because it is true they are not as competitive as they should be. TBU North has good players but others local to Brandon in the U13 groups are average. Regardless a second team should be made next season so that players at Brandon have a place to play if they dont make ECNL team. Not all players want ECNL but they do want to play with a good team with good skills.

Comment

You clearly know what you are talking about because it is true they are not as competitive as they should be. TBU North has good players but others local to Brandon in the U13 groups are average. Regardless a second team should be made next season so that players at Brandon have a place to play if they dont make ECNL team. Not all players want ECNL but they do want to play with a good team with good skills.

That goes the same for the next few ages below. The current second teams of the lower ages are really USA d3 teams. A good bunch of parents on the next few ages below don't see there kids as ECNL, but are not looking forward to what is on the d2 teams. WFF needs to do better at getting more competitive girls at their club. TBU, OCYS, and Krush all have 4 to 5 teams at these ages. U12 & U11 WFF has 3 including the West campus. Think 2 U13, one at each campus.

Comment

depupeo also

That goes the same for the next few ages below. The current second teams of the lower ages are really USA d3 teams. A good bunch of parents on the next few ages below don't see there kids as ECNL, but are not looking forward to what is on the d2 teams. WFF needs to do better at getting more competitive girls at their club. TBU, OCYS, and Krush all have 4 to 5 teams at these ages. U12 & U11 WFF has 3 including the West campus. Think 2 U13, one at each campus.
                          This is surprising to read based on this club's reputation and also that they would keep a team together that isn't performing well just for the sake of keeping a group together. It's hard to believe when you look at their other teams and how they only pick the best to form teams. It happens for sure in other smaller less competitive clubs but I doubt that is the case with this club/team.

Comment

I agree and disagree with this. Almost every girls team in our club has a superb core of players. Depending on the team and age group that core consists of 10-14 players. To be competitive in the ECNL you need 18 great players(2 goalies). Thus, most of our teams are short anywhere from 4-8 players. It is most noted when our younger teams play very good teams or during ECNL games. There is a notable "drop-off" when subs go in. The drop-off is more with some teams less with others and non-existent on maybe only 1 team. So, I agree with you that we need to attract more competitive girls to hit the mark but we are not as far off as you may think.

Comment

What needs to happen during tryouts for ECNL is that all players that attend are to be considered new. Have coaches not directly involved/associated with the former or current players involved in the selection process. This also applies to all clubs all teams. If a team was not "successful" in the recently ending season with its players, that means the new team needs to be rebuilt. Yes, with some former players along with the new. A team's sub players need to be as strong as the starters.

Comment

What needs to happen during tryouts for ECNL is that all players that attend are to be considered new. Have coaches not directly involved/associated with the former or current players involved in the selection process. This also applies to all clubs all teams. If a team was not "successful" in the recently ending season with its players, that means the new team needs to be rebuilt. Yes, with some former players along with the new. A team's sub players need to be as strong as the starters.
                                The best players should be picked for the teams. If a team is "not successful" adding a "new" player that is not as good as what you have already will only make the team worse. Take your best players the can play on level. If a particular age group does not have 18 kids on level then need to take less. I don't know exactly what you are trying to say but to me it sounds like if our U18s had another year left that they would need to be rebuilt? You just take the best players period to make your best team at each level.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X