Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    South played well but Concord played down to their competition. I have a connection to the Concord team and they were looking past these next two games with South & Keene. Concord was sloppy with the ball and did not play with any energy.

On another note in DI girls soccer... It is time for Spaulding and Keene should petition down to DII. It would be a win win for these programs. First - they might be competitive with more programs there. Second, travel for both teams would be better - Keene would play Lebanon, Hanover, Conval, Milford, and Concord area schools and avoid the travel to the seacoast. Spaulding would play Oyster River, Coe-Brown, Kennett, Kingswood, and Sanborn.
    Did the 14-0 game for Spaulding against Londonderry lend credence to your idea?

Comment

D2 teams playing 2

It might still be too early to tell but some of the D2 teams that moved up are handling D1 fairly well. Portsmouth boys look solid. The other boys squads maybe not so much.

The girls teams look to all be middle of the pack. I did get to see Windham Bedford and although Bedford very much dominated play the coaches decision to pack in the box really get the scoring at bay. Didn't see his back line cross midfield all game.

It's crappy soccer but it keeps the game close I guess.

Comment

It might still be too early to tell but some of the D2 teams that moved up are handling D1 fairly well. Portsmouth boys look solid. The other boys squads maybe not so much.

The girls teams look to all be middle of the pack. I did get to see Windham Bedford and although Bedford very much dominated play the coaches decision to pack in the box really get the scoring at bay. Didn't see his back line cross midfield all game.

It's crappy soccer but it keeps the game close I guess.
        it is too early to tell but isnt the division structure based on school size and not success? I would like to see a promotion and relegation strategy put in place. Bottom 2 teams drop, top 2 teams move up. May make scheduling tougher and add some travel to some teams which may end up being the biggest issue against it happening.

Comment

it is too early to tell but isnt the division structure based on school size and not success? I would like to see a promotion and relegation strategy put in place. Bottom 2 teams drop, top 2 teams move up. May make scheduling tougher and add some travel to some teams which may end up being the biggest issue against it happening.
          Will never happen due to the travel and scheduling logistics for athletic directors. Ask Hanover how the scheduling works.

Comment

Next couple of weeks should be interesting with the following matchups:

Bedford @ Londonderry, @ Winnacunnet, v. Concord
            Concord @ Bedford, v. Man Central
            Exeter @ Winnacunnet
            Londonderry v. Bedford, v. Man Central
            Man Central @ Londonderry, @ Concord

Comment

Exeter doesn't play Bedford or Man Central. Londonderry doesn't play Concord. With the added teams this year, the strength of schedule becomes a factor in the standings. Looks like NHIAA just set up the schedules thru a randomizer. IMO the top teams should all play each other during the season. Maybe pull the top six from the year before and be sure they all play each other.

Comment

Exeter doesn't play Bedford or Man Central. Londonderry doesn't play Concord. With the added teams this year, the strength of schedule becomes a factor in the standings. Looks like NHIAA just set up the schedules thru a randomizer. IMO the top teams should all play each other during the season. Maybe pull the top six from the year before and be sure they all play each other.
                What does the additional number of teams do to the playoff structure? How many teams advance and how many get a bye?

Comment

D1 boys 15 teams qualify: 1 bye; 2 v 15; 3 v 14; 4 v 13; 5 v 12; 6 v 11; 7 v 10; 8 v 9
                  D1 girls 14 teams qualify: 1 bye; 2 bye; 3 v 14; 4 v 13; 5 v 12; 6 v 11; 7 v 10; 8 v 9
                  references:
                  http://www.nhiaa.org/ckfinder/userfi...gesMemo(4).pdf
                  Sect. 16 of http://www.nhiaa.org/ckfinder/userfi...I%20Policy.pdf

Comment

I agree with Londonderry. I hear there are 3 girls with D1 college potential if they haven't already committed. I don't think there is another team that can compete with that much talent. Even without a bench.
                    I guess we find out over the next three games if Londonderry really is a top level team with Bedford, Central and a game with Pinkerton which is usually tough. They lost to all three of these teams last year.

Comment

I guess we find out over the next three games if Londonderry really is a top level team with Bedford, Central and a game with Pinkerton which is usually tough. They lost to all three of these teams last year.
                      Why don't we hear much about Pinkerton on these threads? Decent or not?

Comment

Boys side is aweful this year

Comment

The reason you don't hear much about Pinkerton boys is that the soccer community has moved well beyond the PA coaching style. For such a large school, they significantly lack a qualified soccer coach.

The PA coach is antiquated in his soccer coaching style. Still using "kick the ball and chase" style soccer that is extremely outdated. Defender that kicks the ball into outer space when under very little pressure and is praised by coach for such actions. Some of the players seem to know what they should do, but since it is not the coach's style, they are confused and play a sloppy game. Coach still joy sticks players around. Coach that says "Boot it" or "get rid of it" (???), how about "pass it to your team mate's feet" instead...

Comment

The reason you don't hear much about Pinkerton boys is that the soccer community has moved well beyond the PA coaching style. For such a large school, they significantly lack a qualified soccer coach.

The PA coach is antiquated in his soccer coaching style. Still using "kick the ball and chase" style soccer that is extremely outdated. Defender that kicks the ball into outer space when under very little pressure and is praised by coach for such actions. Some of the players seem to know what they should do, but since it is not the coach's style, they are confused and play a sloppy game. Coach still joy sticks players around. Coach that says "Boot it" or "get rid of it" (???), how about "pass it to your team mate's feet" instead...
                            I am fairly certain you are a bitter parent in the community. My son played against Pinkerton this year. They are a very well-coached team. Arguably the coach is the best part of that team. I intentionally chatted with him after the game to congratulate him on how he coaches. Seems like a very good man also.

Comment

"get rid of it" (???), how about "pass it to your team mate's feet" instead...
                              A few reasons:

It should be understood to pass it to someone's feet when you are saying to get rid of it. So, that coaching is done at practice, not the game.

Second, if it's that urgent, there's isn't enough time to ensure li'l Johnny gets a full explanation. So, it's quick and direct.

Comment

I am fairly certain you are a bitter parent in the community. My son played against Pinkerton this year. They are a very well-coached team. Arguably the coach is the best part of that team. I intentionally chatted with him after the game to congratulate him on how he coaches. Seems like a very good man also.
                                Are you nuts, in our game they could not string together a single pass. You are clueless!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X