Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is no player in the state even close to the level of what Portsmouth had a couple of years ago.
    Does LaSalle have a strong group again?

Also, what does anyone know about the new teams? Will Scituate be competitive with the lower half, since at least they have a keeper to neutralize other teams somewhat?
    In case you forgot.............

Comment

In case you forgot.............
      We played this team the other day, and while we obviously won handily, it could have been far worse with a lesser keeper. Give her credit as a very talented player, but let's move on, especially since soccer isn't even her focus.

Comment

We played this team the other day, and while we obviously won handily, it could have been far worse with a lesser keeper. Give her credit as a very talented player, but let's move on, especially since soccer isn't even her focus.
        Amen to putting that to rest...... now that we are two weeks in and teams have seen a wide range of other teams, any big surprises in rankings?

Comment

Amen to putting that to rest...... now that we are two weeks in and teams have seen a wide range of other teams, any big surprises in rankings?
          You go first.

Comment

Wouldn’t have played last year if the prep school kid stayed in state. Mom forgets that.

Comment

Nice try. People playing against her would know this about her. You can’t help yourself.

Comment

Yeah, as earlier poster said these game scores are all over the place. Mt Hope loses to Bayview today!?!?! Mt Hope’s fall from the top is faster than expected, and Barrington seems to be biggest surprise ascension thus far.

Comment

Yeah, as earlier poster said these game scores are all over the place. Mt Hope loses to Bayview today!?!?! Mt Hope’s fall from the top is faster than expected, and Barrington seems to be biggest surprise ascension thus far.
                  We are two weeks in. It's too early to give some teams credit and discredit other teams.
                  Mt. Hope will be top half of group for sure. Barrington will not be in one of the top spots much longer. Good team but not top of the charts good. I would say top half in the end.
                  I still say LaSalle on top (easy enough) then SK who are the top two. For the rest, the season will be sorted out by, let's say, 9/28. By then everyone will have played a mix of teams (top/bottom)

Comment

We are two weeks in. It's too early to give some teams credit and discredit other teams.
                    Mt. Hope will be top half of group for sure. Barrington will not be in one of the top spots much longer. Good team but not top of the charts good. I would say top half in the end.
                    I still say LaSalle on top (easy enough) then SK who are the top two. For the rest, the season will be sorted out by, let's say, 9/28. By then everyone will have played a mix of teams (top/bottom)
                    So in one sentence you say it is too early to tell anything, but then in the very next sentence you make claims that Mt Hope will be at the top but Barrington will not? At least, the OP had some results to go on, what is your evidence???

Comment

So in one sentence you say it is too early to tell anything, but then in the very next sentence you make claims that Mt Hope will be at the top but Barrington will not? At least, the OP had some results to go on, what is your evidence???
                      Settle down, I am worried about you. lol
                      LaSalle is LaSalle. SK is comparable, lost by a goal in the finals last year, and did not lose anything, or a step, from graduation. So there is my top two and will be agreed upon by almost everyone you talk to. I was not going out on a limb there.
                      Mt. Hope may be shaking out some cobwebs but always find a way to get themselves there in the end. Will they be top 4? Who knows? Maybe not. But definitely top half. Barrington is a good team but lets see what happens when they play some of the better teams out there and we will see if they are for real. Too early to tell for most of the teams including Barrington. In two weeks we will have a better picture. That's all.

Comment

LaSalle is LaSalle. SK is comparable, lost by a goal in the finals last year, and did not lose anything, or a step, from graduation. So there is my top two and will be agreed upon by almost everyone you talk to. I was not going out on a limb there.
                        Mt. Hope may be shaking out some cobwebs but always find a way to get themselves there in the end. Will they be top 4? Who knows? Maybe not. But definitely top half. Barrington is a good team but lets see what happens when they play some of the better teams out there and we will see if they are for real. Too early to tell for most of the teams including Barrington. In two weeks we will have a better picture. That's all.
                        It's been a bit of head scratcher, but the top 2 are as you state. Tonight would have been interesting - Smithfield getting LSA on a wet grass field but I'm sure it has been cancelled.

I thought the boys side would be more interesting to see how Moses Brown would do and possibility that the three top slots will be all privates.

Comment

didn't eg have a game last night? i didn't see a score posted

Comment

Lasalle
                            SK

Smith
                            Barr
                            NK
                            Mt Hope
                            Scituate

Lincoln
                            Coven
                            Cumb
                            Prout
                            Ports

EG
                            Burr
                            CW
                            Bayview

Comment

didn't eg have a game last night? i didn't see a score posted
                              No. Moved to Wed at 4p

Comment

I added a few very surprising results to a couple of the “top” teams in the early weeks. Yes, they may mean nothing in the long run, but definitely could be a curious indicator of some deeper issues with those teams.

Lasalle
                                SK - Tied CW

Smith - Lost to EG
                                Barr
                                NK
                                Mt Hope - Lost to Bayview & Portsmouth
                                Scituate -

Lincoln
                                Coven
                                Cumb
                                Prout
                                Ports

EG
                                Burr
                                CW
                                Bayview

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X