Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not the dad, and not the OP. That center back is a first team all New England selection and reigning NEWMAC defensive player of the year.
    You actually underscore why so many scoff at D3 soccer. Slow doesn't cut it once you get out of the bush leagues.

Comment

You actually underscore why so many scoff at D3 soccer. Slow doesn't cut it once you get out of the bush leagues.
      She did not look slow to me. But I do wonder whether her accolades are based on her defensive abilities or instead on her scoring prowess on corner kicks. She is a force in front of the goal, on both sides.

Comment

her bio-- http://mit.prestosports.com/sports/w...ls_hailey_6l4e

Comment

Bios don’t usually tell you how fast a kid is. There is a reason kids fall to D3 and it isn’t exclusively because they are more interested in school than soccer.

Comment

Not much of a high school bio.

Comment

LiLnk to the MIT goals in the Wheaton game:

https://youtu.be/EIXv-n-OjvI
              Hahaha you can tell by the MIT head coaches screams of ecstasy that they were just happy to get out of their with a win. For being so old and very very single I saw him walking off field with a shirt wrapped around his waste after the game.

Comment

LiLnk to the MIT goals in the Wheaton game:

https://youtu.be/EIXv-n-OjvI
                Nice build up to the third goal.

Comment

Nice build up to the third goal.
                  It sure was ..... Too bad the WC centerback was the only player that got a touch inside the penalty area.

Comment

Hahaha you can tell by the MIT head coaches screams of ecstasy that they were just happy to get out of their with a win. For being so old and very very single I saw him walking off field with a shirt wrapped around his waste after the game.
                    Don't most people cheer after scoring? Not following your unnecessary nasty commentary. Also not sure why the focus on these two teams and a couple players? I am not sure the point of this forum. Are the other videos of games/goals from NESCAC teams somewhere?

Comment

Don't most people cheer after scoring? Not following your unnecessary nasty commentary. Also not sure why the focus on these two teams and a couple players? I am not sure the point of this forum. Are the other videos of games/goals from NESCAC teams somewhere?
                      People have their specific agendas. This one is really about legitimizing a very narrow list of D3 programs. The funny part is if you start looking at the videos they often post you can see why the kid is playing D3 because they are always missing something.

Comment

People have their specific agendas. This one is really about legitimizing a very narrow list of D3 programs. The funny part is if you start looking at the videos they often post you can see why the kid is playing D3 because they are always missing something.
                        Cmon, they are D3 because they are so much smarter ;)

Comment

Below is a link to the NESCAC women's soccer schedule/scores page:

https://www.nescac.com/sports/wsoc/2018-19/schedule

After each score there are hot links to the recap which will bring you to the school's web page. From there you look around to see if the game (or game highlights) are available.

Comment

Shoot, if my kid had a choice between MIT and a 50% athletic scholarship at Iona, we would send her to MIT. Iona here equals about 80% of D1 schools. The earning potential for MIT grads easily justifies the enormous burden of student loans.

Comment

Just watched a good chunk of the BU American game. The same comment can be made about most of women in that game: they are always missing something. I was surprised about the overall lack of first touch and the poor passing. However, the players were overall bigger and faster than the D3 women.

Comment

................... Not following your unnecessary nasty commentary. Also not sure why the focus on these two teams and a couple players? I am not sure the point of this forum. ...........
                                I think most D3 fans would be happy just discussing D3 teams on this thread. However, as soon as the thread was established, post #2 attacked the premise of the thread:

"Better question is who cares besides obviously you? Thought kids go D3 for education, not soccer, why don’t you spend your worrying about your kid’s gpa and leave the soccer talk be about kids playing it at a serious level."

So, the D3 fans bring up the usual points of MIT, top NESCAS, and top UAA schools offering a fine blend of good academics coupled with top level D3 soccer.

Then the D1 crowd further attacks the D3 top tier women as inadequate both academically and athletically.

So, the D3 supporter brings up the MIT defensive stud (6 footer, solidly built, last year's NESCAC defensive player of the year and first team all New England) as an example. So, some D1 people called her "slow". The rumor is that she was heavily recruited by a couple of Ivys.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X