New rankings in ...

5 of top 11 in ML

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/s...gs/boys-soccer

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        New rankings in ...

5 of top 11 in ML

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/s...gs/boys-soccer
        For what it's worth, I saw a bunch of teams play this summer and saugus was BY FAR the worst

Comment

For what it's worth, I saw a bunch of teams play this summer and saugus was BY FAR the worst
          Most summer leagues or jamborees don't field anything close to a full team. Some teams like Masco emphasize summer league play, most others don't.

Comment

That's terrible. Saugus lost to Latin Academy from the Boston City League. And their wins were against O'Bryant, Lynn English and Lynn Classical.

Get Watertown out of there too.

What's funny is it's probably actually one of the better rankings from them I've seen. Brockton, Nauset, North Andover and Concord Carlise "might" be accurate. Still a bit early to say.
            Last edited by AlexFilides; 09-17-2018, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Interesting Brockton only defeated Bridgewater Raynham 2-1, where Silver Lake destroyed them 6-0.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFilides View Post
                Interesting Brockton only defeated Bridgewater Raynham 2-1, where Silver Lake destroyed them 6-0.
                Along those same lines, Brockton defeated Xaverian 3-0. SJP defeated Xaverian 3-1. Both games at Xaverian. So maybe the spread between Brockton and some of the other top teams isn't that wide. I think we'll get a pretty good read on Brockton with their next five games: New Bedford (which always plays them tough), then at Marlborough, Durfee and BC High and then Somerville at home. That's a pretty challenging stretch.

Comment

Along those same lines, Brockton defeated Xaverian 3-0. SJP defeated Xaverian 3-1. Both games at Xaverian. So maybe the spread between Brockton and some of the other top teams isn't that wide. I think we'll get a pretty good read on Brockton with their next five games: New Bedford (which always plays them tough), then at Marlborough, Durfee and BC High and then Somerville at home. That's a pretty challenging stretch.
                  It woud not be surprising to see Brockton lose at least one game during this stretch. Another good matchup is Concord-Carlisle vs. Longmeadow this week, D2 champ vs. D1 runnerup.

Comment

It woud not be surprising to see Brockton lose at least one game during this stretch. Another good matchup is Concord-Carlisle vs. Longmeadow this week, D2 champ vs. D1 runnerup.
                    Great matchup. If anyone knows if there is a video stream please post.

Comment

Great matchup. If anyone knows if there is a video stream please post.
                      Concord Carlisle used to stream some of their games, not sure if they still do. If so, it would be on their teams website.

Comment

I wasn't saying that Silver Lake is better than Brockton, but Brockton may not be as invincible as some are suggesting.

Comment

I wasn't saying that Silver Lake is better than Brockton, but Brockton may not be as invincible as some are suggesting.
                          Alex, OP here. I didn't think you were. I was basically saying what you were. When compared with common opponents. Some of the better teams may be closer to Brockton than we think.

Comment

Alex, OP here. I didn't think you were. I was basically saying what you were. When compared with common opponents. Some of the better teams may be closer to Brockton than we think.
                            Not in age.

Comment

SL 3-2 Hingham

Comment

That's terrible. Saugus lost to Latin Academy from the Boston City League. And their wins were against O'Bryant, Lynn English and Lynn Classical.

Get Watertown out of there too.

What's funny is it's probably actually one of the better rankings from them I've seen. Brockton, Nauset, North Andover and Concord Carlise "might" be accurate. Still a bit early to say.
                                At this point in the season, the top five is more like this:

1. Brockton
                                2. Concord-Carlisle
                                3. Nauset
                                4. Silver Lake
                                5. Arlington

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X