X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    https://www.nesoccerjournal.com

There is something to be said for supporting local soccer coverage, no matter how flawed it is.

I have a prep school player, so it is fun to read about many of the kids I know or have met. Their analysis isn't always that great, but where else am I going to read anything about this group of kids?

Prep school parents alone can't carry nesj, but I wish them well.
    There’s something to be said for not overpaying.

Comment

There’s something to be said for not overpaying.
      Clearly your kid never played club. It is part of the process. It is called numb wallet syndrome. Soccer america charges, equalizer charges for some articles. It is the culture of digital media.

Comment

Clearly your kid never played club. It is part of the process. It is called numb wallet syndrome. Soccer america charges, equalizer charges for some articles. It is the culture of digital media.
        NESJ is just not worth paying for. That’s all anyone needs to know.

Comment

If I can't access online media through an incognito window I don't need to read it.

Comment

How do they afford to pay for their contributors if they don’t charge? Not a ton of folks just working for free these days. They’ve been free for like 5+ years. What would be a more affordable monthly payment? Support and understand the process...

Comment

How do they afford to pay for their contributors if they don’t charge? Not a ton of folks just working for free these days. They’ve been free for like 5+ years. What would be a more affordable monthly payment? Support and understand the process...
              I would presume that they were subsidized through state registration fees as all registered players got a complimentary copy like they do with other youth sports rags. Those geezers at the mass association probably cut them off.

Comment

Advertising! ...... Same as every other free paper. You cant right half-half-assed, extremely biased pieces about events you didnt attend and teams that you have never seen and expect to charge for them.

Comment

Advertising! ...... Same as every other free paper. You cant right half-half-assed, extremely biased pieces about events you didnt attend and teams that you have never seen and expect to charge for them.
                  B
                  I
                  N
                  G
                  O

I'd love to see their traffic numbers at this point.

Comment

You've forgotten the most important part, soccer expertise. Do the people writing these articles have any experience to even know which players are worth a write up? They seem to be focused on players with statistics that stand out. This is probably because of what you mentioned above.

Comment

Advertising would require work and someone to go “sell”. Then you would have to show readership numbers, which would making selling impossible to advertisers. A pay wall is probably the smartest choice for them, but $80 is a JOKE!! $1.99 a month is about my cut off.

Comment

Are they out of business yet?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X