•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My kid is at Nobles for pocket change.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Oh but this coach reached out without my son contacting him. That's what prompted us to decide to get organized and figure out what programs he might be interested in.
      Was the offer to give your son money to play for him or for you to pay the coach to attend his clinic?

Comment

Was the offer to give your son money to play for him or for you to pay the coach to attend his clinic?
        You know the 1st would be an NCAA violation, right? He is a *sophomore*. (The coach called my son directly). The coach was from a top d3 program who wanted to know if my son would be interested in playing for the school. That coach said 2 other coaches spoke of my son. OK? No, it was not a generic invite to a camp.

It tells me my son is on some college coaches radar screens. It makes sense to figure out schools *he* would like and get on their radar screens too (if he isn't already). It makes sense to take control of the process.

My purpose in mentioning the book is just to say it is one handy place where the steps, like a sentence by sentence guide to writing a cover email are. Our club is *very* focused on college recruiting but doesn't go into this level of detail.

I don't see the need to belittle everyone on this forum. Just because he's had interest from schools at a very early stage (for boys) doesn't mean it's garbage (generic camp invites) nor does it mean my son is the second coming (he is not going to Stanford or Wake Forest).

Comment

You know the 1st would be an NCAA violation, right? He is a *sophomore*. (The coach called my son directly). The coach was from a top d3 program who wanted to know if my son would be interested in playing for the school. That coach said 2 other coaches spoke of my son. OK? No, it was not a generic invite to a camp.

It tells me my son is on some college coaches radar screens. It makes sense to figure out schools *he* would like and get on their radar screens too (if he isn't already). It makes sense to take control of the process.

My purpose in mentioning the book is just to say it is one handy place where the steps, like a sentence by sentence guide to writing a cover email are. Our club is *very* focused on college recruiting but doesn't go into this level of detail.

I don't see the need to belittle everyone on this forum. Just because he's had interest from schools at a very early stage (for boys) doesn't mean it's garbage (generic camp invites) nor does it mean my son is the second coming (he is not going to Stanford or Wake Forest).
          Hockey players can make D3 soccer squads.

Comment

Hockey players can make D3 soccer squads.
            Thanks for making my point.

Do you feel better about yourself now?

Comment

Thanks for making my point.

Do you feel better about yourself now?
              It’s not about me. Obviously this is all about you. Your son isn’t here peacocking.

Comment

And, to reiterate my point, I bet you and the other 300 kids he said that too at whatever tournament you were at feel great and are now contemplating going to that coaches clinic at their D3 school. Until you get something tangible from the talk, it is just a feel good moment, likely to benefit the coach in question monetarily.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X