Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ODP/RTC a complete waste of time & money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That’s a hard paragraph to read. My brain hurts after reading.
    Agreed, Looks like the signature of someone vaping/Krispy Kreme gorging simultaneously.

Comment

Two years in a row girls who aren’t starters on my daughter’s good (but not top) TA team made the top 18 travel squad for Phoenix for ODP. It’s ridiculous.
      ODP is an elite class program identifying the rest of the best or you might say the best of the rest. Players coined as ODP Team Finalists are in line as Development Academy Alternates who have the potential to become members of the Development Academy through attrition, family moves, natural selection processes, call up to the National Team etc... Its an elite group and its members should be proud. Colorado selectees receive a detailed analysis and rating of their play which is very useful as they continue their development and aspirations towards the Development Academy umbrella of success.

Comment

Two years in a row girls who aren’t starters on my daughter’s good (but not top) TA team made the top 18 travel squad for Phoenix for ODP. It’s ridiculous.
        Our experience with ODP was that it was a waste of time. The coaching was not good. The events were on holiday weekends so nobody wanted to go.

I think it was good years ago, but I don't care for the program now.

Comment

ODP hasn’t been very good for a long time. It’s more like who can they get to show up.
          It's not terrible. I suppose you could just go in the backyard and kick the ball against a fence.

Comment

Our experience with ODP was that it was a waste of time. The coaching was not good. The events were on holiday weekends so nobody wanted to go.

I think it was good years ago, but I don't care for the program now.
            The events on holiday weekends probably makes it difficult to sign up coaches. Who wants to travel for soccer for thanksgiving, Memorial Day etc.

Comment

The events on holiday weekends probably makes it difficult to sign up coaches. Who wants to travel for soccer for thanksgiving, Memorial Day etc.
              That is why my daughter quit. Didn't want to miss great vacations and really disliked the coach.

Comment

That is why my daughter quit. Didn't want to miss great vacations and really disliked the coach.

you don't have to like a coach. That is a silly reason to quit. And if you aren't willing to give up Thanksgiving, Spring Break and Memorial day I think it would be fair to question your loyalty to US Soccer.

Comment

ODP is an elite class program identifying the rest of the best or you might say the best of the rest. Players coined as ODP Team Finalists are in line as Development Academy Alternates who have the potential to become members of the Development Academy through attrition, family moves, natural selection processes, call up to the National Team etc... Its an elite group and its members should be proud. Colorado selectees receive a detailed analysis and rating of their play which is very useful as they continue their development and aspirations towards the Development Academy umbrella of success.
                  ODP is a program alright. Elite it is not. Unless you consider OYSA division 2 to be elite..

Comment

ODP is a program alright. Elite it is not. Unless you consider OYSA division 2 to be elite..
                    I don’t think anyone is arguing odp is elite.

Comment

you don't have to like a coach. That is a silly reason to quit. And if you aren't willing to give up Thanksgiving, Spring Break and Memorial day I think it would be fair to question your loyalty to US Soccer.
                      I hear this often and I personally think it is very selfish to put family vacations before your team obligation.

Comment

RTC/ODP numbers must be down - getting inundated with Lyslo spam.

Comment

should get a shot for that

Comment

Nobody who is anybody goes out for odp anymore at the older age groups. Setting up for failure by not having single age groups for 2003 & 2002 on the girls side. As usual, the boys get single age groups for odp . Wonder who the Timbers care about more? Why would girls go out for a program that even the Timbers who run the program don’t care about?

Comment

Nobody who is anybody goes out for odp anymore at the older age groups. Setting up for failure by not having single age groups for 2003 & 2002 on the girls side. As usual, the boys get single age groups for odp . Wonder who the Timbers care about more? Why would girls go out for a program that even the Timbers who run the program don’t care about?
                              Having the distinction as the only National level (older-big) DA in Oregon and it’s remarkably funded for both Boys & Girls, separates them the USYS ODP Program.

The ODP talent pool just like local clubs talent drought is simply the result of cause and effect.

To your point, if the best identified talent in the metro area & state has been placed with the Timbers/Thorns DA Program, Oregon ODP in this case struggles to find interested or highly talented players above the age of 13.

Modern day ODP after 13 yrs old resembles the pay to play ‘so called’ elite club model that has infected our state with the only barrier to entry being ability to pay.

Ironically the Timbers/Thorns signed a contract to administer the OYSA ODP program.

Below the ages of 13 this setup is useful in player Identification for their DA.

After age 13 it’s simply paying for an acronym, now the norm at many local clubs.

Comment

Girls soccer is not high on many priority lists. probably only a money maker for most clubs. That’s not a terrible thing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X