• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ohhh He's mowing her lawn alright…lil' man
    HAHAHAHA!!! Hiding from "La Immigra"

Comment

"ECNL beats club 95% of time proven"
      Unless you are with OC. If so, FCA beats you 100% of the time when they try.

Comment

It is not like college coaches don't look at non-ECNL talent across Florida, but it is a fact that the non-ECNL players get the "second" look and not the "first" 95% of the time. If a coach has a list of players they are seriously recruiting and say three players are equal in talent and play the same position, they are more than likely going to choose the ECNL player. This is because the talent they are watching them play against, month in and month out, is consistently some of the best in the country.

But if a player is good enough, stands out far and above any player on the field, a college coach will find them no matter where they play. These are the top 1 and 2 percent players that every college coach is trying to find.
        these other clubs have as many girls getting recruited at the same level as either of these two FL ecnl clubs. and its ok for you not to know what these other clubs do but it is wrong to put out inaccurate information. what is truthful is that colleges i.e. coaches are getting lazy in their recruiting and trying like hell to utilize ecnl as a venue for lots of recruits. I don't think the stats will sort out to show the encl girls are getting picked up by these big schools at a ratio that is any different from any of the other top non-ecnl clubs. what is also truthful is that colleges recruit many from out of the US, and there is more competition there than with encl. period.

Comment

these other clubs have as many girls getting recruited at the same level as either of these two FL ecnl clubs. and its ok for you not to know what these other clubs do but it is wrong to put out inaccurate information. what is truthful is that colleges i.e. coaches are getting lazy in their recruiting and trying like hell to utilize ecnl as a venue for lots of recruits. I don't think the stats will sort out to show the encl girls are getting picked up by these big schools at a ratio that is any different from any of the other top non-ecnl clubs. what is also truthful is that colleges recruit many from out of the US, and there is more competition there than with encl. period.
          Your ignorance is hurting your kid, I feel bad for you. Check out the youth national team stats. You kid is simply not playing against the best, because 85% of the youth national team players are in ECNL. It's clear and you're putting out really bad info to suit your own emotional need to protect your poor decisions.

Comment

Not a parent's opinion without any evidence...here's the numbers from 2012 and the thoughts of several major FLA college coaches...ECNL is not better because I think it's better, it's better because THEY, the coaches the ones that matter, think it's better.

Below are the rosters of the most recent US Soccer National Team Camps:
            • U14 Girls National Pool – May 2012 Camp: 30 ECNL players out of 48
            • U15 Girls National Team – June 2012 Camp: 17 ECNL players out of 24
            • U17 Girls National Team – June 2012 Camp: 23 ECNL players out of 24
            • U18 Girls National Team – June 2012 Camp: 19 ECNL players out of 24

US Soccer Women’s Technical Director April Heinrichs: The ECNL has very quickly become this elite environment for our club youth players between the ages of 14 and 18. We’re really excited about what ECNL is doing

Florida Gulf Coach University Jim Blakenship:
            When we recruit at ECNL matches, we know that the players are being tested against the best competition possible. It is the closest they can come to the college level.

UCLA Assistant Coach Josh Walters:
            The ECNL is changing the way development is happening in the US. There is more of an emphasis on development and quality competition. It is simply the reason why all college coaches around the country recruit heavily within the ECNL

University of Florida Coach Becky Burleigh:
            Since the ECNL has come to Florida we get to see the players play league games at a high level and also get to recruit the teams that come to play our Florida ECNL clubs. The ECNL has definitely raised the level of soccer in Florida.

University of South Florida Coach Denise Schilte-Brown:
            In my opinion, during this current landscape of youth soccer in the US, the ECNL offers the most competitive environment for female players. In addition, it offers us as coaches the opportunity to collectively see the majority of the best players in a series of events throughout the year.

Jacksonville University Coach Brian Copham:
            ECNL has been a great progression for women’s soccer in the US. ECNL clubs are committed to improving the level of the women’s game. It is a great avenue to see some of the best teams and some of the best players compete against each other on a regular basis.

Florida State University coach Mark Krikorian:
            The ECNL has become part of the foundation of recruiting in college soccer. The level of competition is very good and offers a unique experience. It is clear that the ECNL is very committed to the development of the game and its players.

Florida International University Coach Thomas Chestnut:
            ECNL is the best way to prepare players for the college game. The ECNL having coming to Florida will do nothing but elevate soccer in the state

Comment

Your ignorance is hurting your kid, I feel bad for you. Check out the youth national team stats. You kid is simply not playing against the best, because 85% of the youth national team players are in ECNL. It's clear and you're putting out really bad info to suit your own emotional need to protect your poor decisions.
              OK. So, which of your ECNL players are on the national radar? Have any been to any regional or national camps recently?

Comment

Not a parent's opinion without any evidence...here's the numbers from 2012 and the thoughts of several major FLA college coaches...ECNL is not better because I think it's better, it's better because THEY, the coaches the ones that matter, think it's better.

US Soccer Women’s Technical Director April Heinrichs: The ECNL has very quickly become this elite environment for our club youth players between the ages of 14 and 18. We’re really excited about what ECNL is doing

When we recruit at ECNL matches, we know that the players are being tested against the best competition possible. It is the closest they can come to the college level.

The ECNL is changing the way development is happening in the US. There is more of an emphasis on development and quality competition. It is simply the reason why all college coaches around the country recruit heavily within the ECNL

Since the ECNL has come to Florida we get to see the players play league games at a high level and also get to recruit the teams that come to play our Florida ECNL clubs. The ECNL has definitely raised the level of soccer in Florida.

In my opinion, during this current landscape of youth soccer in the US, the ECNL offers the most competitive environment for female players. In addition, it offers us as coaches the opportunity to collectively see the majority of the best players in a series of events throughout the year.

ECNL has been a great progression for women’s soccer in the US. ECNL clubs are committed to improving the level of the women’s game. It is a great avenue to see some of the best teams and some of the best players compete against each other on a regular basis.

The ECNL has become part of the foundation of recruiting in college soccer. The level of competition is very good and offers a unique experience. It is clear that the ECNL is very committed to the development of the game and its players.

ECNL is the best way to prepare players for the college game. The ECNL having coming to Florida will do nothing but elevate soccer in the state
                You guys are still pumping out this piece? just how old is this now? two years now? no one has disputed that these schools and many others recruit from ecnl clubs, or that they didn't say these nice things about encl. they say these nice things about lots of things, and to whomever is sticking a mic in their face, especially if its asked about the people that got them to the event in the first place. give me stats that show how many of those encl girls were from florida. was the point I think.

Comment

You guys are still pumping out this piece? just how old is this now? two years now? no one has disputed that these schools and many others recruit from ecnl clubs, or that they didn't say these nice things about encl. they say these nice things about lots of things, and to whomever is sticking a mic in their face, especially if its asked about the people that got them to the event in the first place. give me stats that show how many of those encl girls were from florida. was the point I think.
                  Good point. Wonder how many of those colleges made it to the OC ID camp?

Comment

Can you attach the ECNL brochure that this came from? NE FL does not have ECNL and still has been well recruited. I'm sure there are some ECNL programs that are fantastic in overall preparation, however let's be clear. ECNL is "new". The better players (and their parents) want to flock to the best of this and the best of that. The not as good players (and their parents) also want to flock there. Over time, ECNL will water down and just be another league, as they have already begun with astonishing lack of level of play. Some clubs consistently produce but it's not common. Do you really think we should change youth sports into semi-professional sports where our girls play for a club three states away? (Yes, some ECNL clubs allow it.) If they're just playing in games, who's preparing them? Their local non-ECNL club.

Comment

OK. So, which of your ECNL players are on the national radar? Have any been to any regional or national camps recently?
                      Brandon had 1 to the ID2 National camp last year, They have 10 players on the Regional teams traveling to Cost rica, Italy and England and 9 invites for PDP this year. Your point?

Comment

Originally posted by Hazelnuts View Post
                        Can you attach the ECNL brochure that this came from? NE FL does not have ECNL and still has been well recruited. I'm sure there are some ECNL programs that are fantastic in overall preparation, however let's be clear. ECNL is "new". The better players (and their parents) want to flock to the best of this and the best of that. The not as good players (and their parents) also want to flock there. Over time, ECNL will water down and just be another league, as they have already begun with astonishing lack of level of play. Some clubs consistently produce but it's not common. Do you really think we should change youth sports into semi-professional sports where our girls play for a club three states away? (Yes, some ECNL clubs allow it.) If they're just playing in games, who's preparing them? Their local non-ECNL club.
                        This is an excellent post and well taken with regard to players that do not have reasonable access to ECNL. Access is definitely a limiting factor. What if access was not an issue? What would be your advice to Tampa area players and Orlando players that do have access?

Comment

Brandon had 1 to the ID2 National camp last year, They have 10 players on the Regional teams traveling to Cost rica, Italy and England and 9 invites for PDP this year. Your point?
                          Point is that OC sucks.

Comment

Point is that OC sucks.
                            Cant argue that. But I think they will improve.

Comment

This is an excellent post and well taken with regard to players that do not have reasonable access to ECNL. Access is definitely a limiting factor. What if access was not an issue? What would be your advice to Tampa area players and Orlando players that do have access?
                              Considering the number of Jacksonville players on the VSI roster I guess "access" is relative to skill. Obviously those girls see some value in gaining access to that stage.

Comment

Considering the number of Jacksonville players on the VSI roster I guess "access" is relative to skill. Obviously those girls see some value in gaining access to that stage.
                                I believe there are 3 Jax players on VSI rosters as discovery players. I think they also discover with Concorde fire.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X