Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mass Phase 3

So... Monday we enter Phase 3 in Massachusetts. Does anyone know what this means for youth soccer? Can we scrimmage/compete against other teams?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So... Monday we enter Phase 3 in Massachusetts. Does anyone know what this means for youth soccer? Can we scrimmage/compete against other teams?
    The resumption of youth sports games remained in Phase 3.

Comment

Details are lacking at this point. The governor mentioned that there are two parts of Phase 3. It is not clear if youth sports are part of the first part of Phase 3.

Comment

I just went to look at the original Re-Opening plan released in May and here's what's still in there for Phase 3 (Vigilant):

"Youth Sports With Games and Tournaments (limited crowd sizes)"

Straight from the mass.gov website... seems pretty clear to me.

Comment

I just went to look at the original Re-Opening plan released in May and here's what's still in there for Phase 3 (Vigilant):

"Youth Sports With Games and Tournaments (limited crowd sizes)"

Straight from the mass.gov website... seems pretty clear to me.
          Again, the .Gov keeps adding phases within phases. Until you hear Chuckles say youth sports are back on I wouldn't rush to the fields.

Comment

Again, the .Gov keeps adding phases within phases. Until you hear Chuckles say youth sports are back on I wouldn't rush to the fields.
            I have seen very detailed guidelines released for gyms and other Phase 3 organizations, but nothing yet for youth sports. Hopefully those guidelines are released tonight or tomorrow or it is likely youth sports Phase 3 activities will not start on July 6.

Comment

I have seen very detailed guidelines released for gyms and other Phase 3 organizations, but nothing yet for youth sports. Hopefully those guidelines are released tonight or tomorrow or it is likely youth sports Phase 3 activities will not start on July 6.
              Well, for what it's worth, one of my kids has a baseball game already scheduled for Monday.

Comment

Y’all may laugh and **** but look at the rest of the country. Shut up and wear a mask or face shield. If you want your kid to play and live through them tell your friends the same

Comment

Y’all may laugh and **** but look at the rest of the country. Shut up and wear a mask or face shield. If you want your kid to play and live through them tell your friends the same
                  OK mask lady.... how about YOU shut up and read this:
                  https://www.wissports.net/news_artic...CXvPnD2sm3mYrQ

P.S. Of course everyone should wear a mask! My whole family has been wearing them from back in March, even though Dr.Fauci and the CDC were telling us not to wear masks... supposedly to leave the masks for front line works... what a pathetic excuse for their irresponsibility.

Comment

Phase 3 means teams can practice and scrimmage but staying in their group.
                    Can't scrimmage other teams or play games until phase 4.
                    It's kind of a dumb rule because as soon as these kids leave the fields they run around neighborhoods and play with cousins and siblings in other towns.
                    No masks on the fields.

Comment

It's kind of a dumb rule because as soon as these kids leave the fields they run around neighborhoods and play with cousins and siblings in other towns.
                      No masks on the fields.
                      If this is the case, it's a change to the original plan released in May. As another post referenced:

Phase 3: "Youth Sports With Games and Tournaments (limited crowd sizes)"

Absolutely agree with you that kids are already "being kids" meaning hanging out with their friends at parks, streets, pools, etc.

And obviously phase 4 isn't happening until there's a vaccine, so we would be talking no sport leagues until a year from now at best.

Comment

Coronavirus

Well, for what it's worth, one of my kids has a baseball game already scheduled for Monday.
                        My kid had two baseball games scheduled last week which were pushed back to early August when Phase 3 was pushed back to July 6. He has three games scheduled next week however there still is no confirmation they will be played.

Comment

No masks on the fields.
                          Phase 3 for youth sports (once it goes into effect) will allow games and tournaments with limited attendance.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X