Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Novi turn a 40 year old club into a thriving business. Sponsors, investors, and bod are happy. Pockets are getting filled with dollars. The kids are happy. What more could novi ask for.
    Do not confuse the issue: it has been said several times by Florida Premier leadership that the overall goal is to fill "investors" pockets with dollars. Basically take money (fees) from hard-working families with soccer dreams for their kids, and, turn that money over to "investors" like the consultant who is organizing the College ID Clinic.

Florida Premier makes fun of TBU for not having "investors."

Comment

Do not confuse the issue: it has been said several times by Florida Premier leadership that the overall goal is to fill "investors" pockets with dollars. Basically take money (fees) from hard-working families with soccer dreams for their kids, and, turn that money over to "investors" like the consultant who is organizing the College ID Clinic.

Who is this consultant?

Cause the 7v7 college ID thing feels like a shakedown if there ever was one.

Comment

You are stupid. We don't take from families. This is a business transaction. Florida premier is selling soccer. The same as tbu. The only difference is fpfc is selling more soccer than tbu. Tbu stop being jealous step up your games. Tbu's idea of changing the soccer landscape is partnering with sporting Tampa bay. Wow!! That was really innovative. No wonder you are so pathetic.

Comment

Respectfully, I disagree with this. I can quibble with a few picks the coaches made in my kid's age group, but only around the margins. Do I think a few kids on my son's ECNLR team are better than what ended up on the ENCL team (including my son)... yes. But certainly not by much and I can understand a coach seeing it differently. I think there was a preference for size at the top level, but can I really say that's a mistake? The reputation for ECNL in Georgia/TN and Alabama is that you run into some monsters.

And I also think for the first time since we've been at the club, the 3rd teams on the boys side have a chance to be pretty good in most age groups. And I'm sure there are some kids on the 3rd teams that are right there with the ECNLR kids and could take those spots. I'd have picked a few different that our coach did there as well. That's a good thing. It means there is depth and competition. Maybe next year my kid move from ECNLR to ECNL if he can show the coach made a mistake. Or maybe he gets lazy and gets beat out by an FCL kid.

I've been guilty of it before too, but I think parents see "politics" in selection a lot more than it is a reality. There are a handful of obvious choices in each age group. After that, it is debatable and up to coach preference for size or speed or a technical ability. The best way to get the right team is really to do a season long evaluation and to have the outside kids come in small groups at ID sessions. I actually agree with the TBU position on that. Otherwise, you are watching tryouts looking for flashes of something here and there and some kids just don't show up well in that setting.

As a current Fl Pr parent the talent drop off is made worse because of the way the club is operating. The ECNL teams were made largely from transplant players, for the most part legitimate top teams in the club (how will they matchup in ECNL, I dunno).

ECNL-R teams were tightly reserved for daddy-coaches and club politics. This has essentially pulled any true "second tier" team from the mix. I know it happened in our age group and have heard it was also the case in a few others. They have some players that are playing at the correct level, but they also have some real clods that will bring teams down because someone has the right friends. So while the talent pool is overall adequate they have effectively turned this into

1-ECNL
          2-CDL
          3-CDL
          4-CDL

but 2 & 3 will probably get destroyed in some league thats marginally better than CDL

Comment

You are stupid. We don't take from families. This is a business transaction. Florida premier is selling soccer. The same as tbu. The only difference is fpfc is selling more soccer than tbu. Tbu stop being jealous step up your games. Tbu's idea of changing the soccer landscape is partnering with sporting Tampa bay. Wow!! That was really innovative. No wonder you are so pathetic.
            I agree 100% TBU is pathetic (in relation to leadership).

But the stuff you got goin on is starting to feel more and more like an old school Fl Con job.

Before you know it you will have a bearded lady and gator pettin at collier on gameday.

Comment

Of course tournaments and ID clinics are at least as much about money as they are about college recruitment. Do we think people would run these out of the goodness of their hearts? Why not stop complaining about it, and go organize one that is done strictly at cost (Field rental, refs, insurance and coach reimbursement). Break the mold. I'm sure it will be successful if you could pull it off. Until then, either participate or don't. But don't begrudge the people doing the work from making a profit off of it.

A few year ago, my kid's team tried to organize a 3v3 tournament as a fundraiser without using one of those established 3v3 companies. At the end of the day, we made some money doing it but the parents all swore to never try again because it wasn't worth the amount of work it took from start to finish.

Who is this consultant?

Cause the 7v7 college ID thing feels like a shakedown if there ever was one.

Comment

Respectfully, I disagree with this. I can quibble with a few picks the coaches made in my kid's age group, but only around the margins. Do I think a few kids on my son's ECNLR team are better than what ended up on the ENCL team (including my son)... yes. But certainly not by much and I can understand a coach seeing it differently. I think there was a preference for size at the top level, but can I really say that's a mistake? The reputation for ECNL in Georgia/TN and Alabama is that you run into some monsters.

And I also think for the first time since we've been at the club, the 3rd teams on the boys side have a chance to be pretty good in most age groups. And I'm sure there are some kids on the 3rd teams that are right there with the ECNLR kids and could take those spots. I'd have picked a few different that our coach did there as well. That's a good thing. It means there is depth and competition. Maybe next year my kid move from ECNLR to ECNL if he can show the coach made a mistake. Or maybe he gets lazy and gets beat out by an FCL kid.

I've been guilty of it before too, but I think parents see "politics" in selection a lot more than it is a reality. There are a handful of obvious choices in each age group. After that, it is debatable and up to coach preference for size or speed or a technical ability. The best way to get the right team is really to do a season long evaluation and to have the outside kids come in small groups at ID sessions. I actually agree with the TBU position on that. Otherwise, you are watching tryouts looking for flashes of something here and there and some kids just don't show up well in that setting.
                I agree with most of what you are saying for sure. I also think there are a handful of kids in our age group that were left off of the ECNL-R team that should not have been (no axe to grind my kid made the team). usually this is something that like you said I can chalk up to a coaches decision/preference, but our coach didn't pick his team, one of the parents/team dad/I-think-boardmenber? picked the team (Coach was not out of his previous commitment yet and not present at tryouts). Not that I think we will be terrible or anything, but I really feel like we would clearly be a better team if a handful of the guys friends and his kids friends were shipped to FCL in lieu of a couple of the clearly better players.

Comment

Of course tournaments and ID clinics are at least as much about money as they are about college recruitment. Do we think people would run these out of the goodness of their hearts? Why not stop complaining about it, and go organize one that is done strictly at cost (Field rental, refs, insurance and coach reimbursement). Break the mold. I'm sure it will be successful if you could pull it off. Until then, either participate or don't. But don't begrudge the people doing the work from making a profit off of it.

A few year ago, my kid's team tried to organize a 3v3 tournament as a fundraiser without using one of those established 3v3 companies. At the end of the day, we made some money doing it but the parents all swore to never try again because it wasn't worth the amount of work it took from start to finish.
                  We did the same a few years ago, way easier to pay the extra few bucks and use the template for sure.

These guys are making a fortune if anyone shows up though. pretty steep price tag to play a couple of 7v7s.

Comment

Sounds like the scrimmages with the FCL team will be close then. Those things usually have a way of getting sorted out during the season when a clearly better player gets grabbed up by the higher coach.

I agree with most of what you are saying for sure. I also think there are a handful of kids in our age group that were left off of the ECNL-R team that should not have been (no axe to grind my kid made the team). usually this is something that like you said I can chalk up to a coaches decision/preference, but our coach didn't pick his team, one of the parents/team dad/I-think-boardmenber? picked the team (Coach was not out of his previous commitment yet and not present at tryouts). Not that I think we will be terrible or anything, but I really feel like we would clearly be a better team if a handful of the guys friends and his kids friends were shipped to FCL in lieu of a couple of the clearly better players.

Comment

I agree 100% TBU is pathetic (in relation to leadership).

But the stuff you got goin on is starting to feel more and more like an old school Fl Con job.

Before you know it you will have a bearded lady and gator pettin at collier on gameday.
                      I agree, what has been so innovative that Florida Premier has done? Other than keep calling itself innovative.

For instance, bragging about Novi coming up with "his" protocols to have tryouts during COVID. What Novi/Florida Premier call "their protocols" had been posted on the Internet for weeks before cut and pasted them.

Comment

FL Premier parents even see the bias. Squabble between 2nd and 3rd team parents. Now that is competition. I’m sure girls side is a lot worse because there truly is no 2nd girls team really bad quality soccer. They should be putting a lot more stock into that side if you want to be successful.

Comment

Not expecting families to organize the 7v7. If Florida Premier is going to host the 7v7 - why contract it out and make it so much more expensive? Why doesn't Florida Premier "go organize one that is done strictly at cost (Field rental, refs, insurance and coach reimbursement)."? Isn't that the kind of stuff the club does all day long?

Why pay Novi's buddy the Plus, Plus mark-up and profit?

Comment

Tbu claims to be different from other clubs. When it's all said and done. All the clubs are the same. Wash up coaches and ex players with padded resume looking for easy money. Just because you are a non profit does not mean you don't care about profit. Take a look at the mega churches across the usa. The churches peddles religion. The clubs peddles soccer. People bring up non profit as if being a non profit makes a organization honest. Wake up people, scientology is a non profit and they are worth billions of dollars. The soccer clubs are necessary evil.
                            That fields do scientology play on? Are they in ECNL?

Comment

Not expecting families to organize the 7v7. If Florida Premier is going to host the 7v7 - why contract it out and make it so much more expensive? Why doesn't Florida Premier "go organize one that is done strictly at cost (Field rental, refs, insurance and coach reimbursement)."? Isn't that the kind of stuff the club does all day long?

Why pay Novi's buddy the Plus, Plus mark-up and profit?
                              Isn't that why you hired KJ? He brought in college coaches to TBU and set up scrimmages and players didn't pay a dime.

Comment

Isn't that why you hired KJ? He brought in college coaches to TBU and set up scrimmages and players didn't pay a dime.
                                Man, no wonder you TBU people didn't get rich like we are - we're holding the 7v7 to pay KJ and give Novi and his buddy a bump too.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X