Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Tournaments in late July/August Happen?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Tournaments in late July/August Happen?

2011 girls Team manager here... just wondering if tournaments are going to happen in Washington this year? What needs to happen? Will they happen in phase 3 or do we have to wait until phase 4?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    2011 girls Team manager here... just wondering if tournaments are going to happen in Washington this year? What needs to happen? Will they happen in phase 3 or do we have to wait until phase 4?
    I think tournaments will play in phase 3, with restrictions. Assuming most counties can get to stage 3, i believe it is possible that we will play tournaments in August.

Comment

Phase 3 they can play games but a max of 50 people per field so parents wont be allowed on sidelines unfortunately.

Comment

Looks like mask order kills Crossfire Challenge unless players will be wearing masks?
        https://www.grh.org/patients-visitor...-news-updates/

Comment

I have a hard time seeing tournaments happen during phase 3. There might be a case for playing informal inter-squad games, but I would think we'd need something like 3.5 for 'regular' games.

Comment

Think about it this way. At Phase 1.5/2, teams are doing no-contact technical work and fitness.

Stepping forward into Phase 2.5/3 can't be tournaments-as-usual. There's an intermediate step there. Assuming that anyone is allowed to move forward given the numbers.

Comment

Think about it this way. At Phase 1.5/2, teams are doing no-contact technical work and fitness.

Stepping forward into Phase 2.5/3 can't be tournaments-as-usual. There's an intermediate step there. Assuming that anyone is allowed to move forward given the numbers.
              Redmond hotels will be Covid factories.

Comment

Seattle Times reporting that Snohomish County is concerned about having to revert to Phase 1, while the TNT says Pierce is no longer going to ask to move to the next phase. Ruh roh.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...idly-climbing/

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/...mainstage_lead

Comment

I doubt any will happen. If they do, I have heard potential for alternative format in which games are dispersed over multiple locations so everyone is not congregating at one site. Makes sense to me as a trade off to get a few summer games.

Comment

Surf olders pushed to September.

Comment

Surf olders pushed to September.
                      Cant be the girls....they are in HS.

Comment

Crossfire was just cancelled. Clash at the Border too, as well as Bend Premiere cup. Anything still on?

Comment

Cant be the girls....they are in HS.
                          I think high school soccer in California is played in the winter. So they theoretically could have a tournament in September. Anyone know if XF Challenge is cancelled across all age groups?

Comment

I think high school soccer in California is played in the winter. So they theoretically could have a tournament in September. Anyone know if XF Challenge is cancelled across all age groups?
                            https://www.crossfiresoccer.org/tour...ire-challenge/

Comment

Ridiculous to hold on as long as they did.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X