Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    And with schools not open until Phase 4 (in some states anyway) coaches are not even in their office to receive emails or calls.
    Are you unfamiliar with the way the internet works?

Comment

Think of the uncommitted 21s who can't do in person visits, official or unofficial. All the campuses are still shut down. Pick a school and program from a video and zoom call? No thanks.
      Agreed. My '21 has been doing virtual tours and visits. I have two older kids in college and the onsite visits are an enormous part of the process. Everything has been taken away from this recruiting class. We try not to stress about it. Everyone is in the same situation and there are far worse things going on in the world.

Comment

Agreed. My '21 has been doing virtual tours and visits. I have two older kids in college and the onsite visits are an enormous part of the process. Everything has been taken away from this recruiting class. We try not to stress about it. Everyone is in the same situation and there are far worse things going on in the world.
        My non athlete 21 will apply early to a bunch of places then we will visit after they get accepted. It is what it is.

Comment

My non athlete 21 will apply early to a bunch of places then we will visit after they get accepted. It is what it is.
          You can apply early as part of a rolling admissions process, but the most desirable schools only do ED, and you can only apply ED to one

Comment

You can apply early as part of a rolling admissions process, but the most desirable schools only do ED, and you can only apply ED to one
            Yes I'm aware. Early Action also demonstrates interest. Glad my final athlete has some time for things to normalize. I really feel for athletes right now. It's a stressful process as it is.

Comment

Very stressful. Going through it now. One coach said that he has put in way fewer prereads than he normally does.

Question: what are they waiting for? Opportunities to see kids play seem to be diminishing. Will they hope more players somehow come into their pool, and are waiting to do prereads in September/October?

(This is with a '21 boy)

Comment

Very stressful. Going through it now. One coach said that he has put in way fewer prereads than he normally does.

Question: what are they waiting for? Opportunities to see kids play seem to be diminishing. Will they hope more players somehow come into their pool, and are waiting to do prereads in September/October?

(This is with a '21 boy)
                I think some programs still hope they can have one ID event before ED and EA applications are due. Some are hoping maybe a few walk on later. This year's class is a mess unless it was wrapped up before March. Girls were in better shape than boys.

Comment

And with schools not open until Phase 4 (in some states anyway) coaches are not even in their office to receive emails or calls. Going to be long and frustrating.
                  LOL, we work 24/7/365 as college coaches. My email is attached to my hand, and my office voice mail. Being in the office has zero impact on our recruiting contact.

Comment

LOL, we work 24/7/365 as college coaches. My email is attached to my hand, and my office voice mail. Being in the office has zero impact on our recruiting contact.
                    If the poster's kid isn't getting responses there's a reason - and it isn't accessibility

Comment

Says the anonymous poster. Tell that to the coaches who were put on administrative leave by their schools.

Comment

Says the anonymous poster. Tell that to the coaches who were put on administrative leave by their schools.
                        I don't know a single colleague who has been put on administrative leave in any sport...I recall reading one school did furlough coaches 90 days or something similar, but fortunately most of us are still working! That's not to say things won't change drastically, especially if Fall sports are cancelled. Then you can expect that will change.

Comment

I don't know a single colleague who has been put on administrative leave in any sport...I recall reading one school did furlough coaches 90 days or something similar, but fortunately most of us are still working! That's not to say things won't change drastically, especially if Fall sports are cancelled. Then you can expect that will change.
                          There have been over 100 college athletic teams cut, including 2 mens soccer teams. But yes, if you're working you're always recruiting

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X