• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Good luck with that since they stole clubs money with no refund
    What does his even mean?

Comment

Richmond in mid-August? No thanks.

Comment

Sounds awful. How many teams will be attending?

Comment

Do we get our money back?
          If they keep the money but it's credited towards the next time it is held I say whoever teams are now headed to the Jefferson cup pay their respective clubs for that tournament but that money those to the families that aren't playing but were scheduled to previously. And those that still are playing in the new date should already have it paid for

Comment

If they keep the money but it's credited towards the next time it is held I say whoever teams are now headed to the Jefferson cup pay their respective clubs for that tournament but that money those to the families that aren't playing but were scheduled to previously. And those that still are playing in the new date should already have it paid for

Huh? What? Time to lay off the sauce!

Comment

EVERY college program has been forced to cancel their own ID camps through July.

EVERY college coach needs to squeeze his/her ID camp into the first week of August because their pre-season preparation starts the second week.

Imagine holding a “showcase” that no coaches can come to.

Comment

EVERY college program has been forced to cancel their own ID camps through July.

EVERY college coach needs to squeeze his/her ID camp into the first week of August because their pre-season preparation starts the second week.

Imagine holding a “showcase” that no coaches can come to.
                They can send an assistant and manage the camps or preseason for two days without one. Jeff Cup gets more east coast schools to begin with so less travel. I've no doubt attendance will be lower but coaches will come. They still have to keep recruiting despite Covid

Comment

They can send an assistant and manage the camps or preseason for two days without one. Jeff Cup gets more east coast schools to begin with so less travel. I've no doubt attendance will be lower but coaches will come. They still have to keep recruiting despite Covid
                  Come back and post the attending coaches list for us so we can all get a good laugh.

Comment

First NCAA allowable day to practice is August 4 for D1 - D2 & D3 is even later, so there is a decent chance coaches will attend, maybe not in usual numbers, but they do need to evaluate.

Comment

First NCAA allowable day to practice is August 4 for D1 - D2 & D3 is even later, so there is a decent chance coaches will attend, maybe not in usual numbers, but they do need to evaluate.
                      College recruiting budgets are slashed. Schools are struggling with low deposit rates for the incoming class and an overwhelming number of gap year requests to avoid distance learning in the fall. Camps are moneymakers for coaches. Where do you think a majority of coaches will be evaluating potential players the first week of August? Use your brain.

Comment

You don't have the full concept of permission for ID camps. Many coaches (several sports) are not being allowed to have ID clinics or camps this summer, and I'm trying to use my brain as you kindly suggested in that inimitable TS tone. If you're not allowed to have a camp, and you can drive to Richmond due to budget restrictions, there is a decent chance coaches will try to go. Coaches will likely try to supplement their earnings with camps later in the fall, once that is allowed by their individual schools. Anyway, that hurt trying to use my brain... I'm probably not being rude enough for TS.

Comment

You don't have the full concept of permission for ID camps. Many coaches (several sports) are not being allowed to have ID clinics or camps this summer, and I'm trying to use my brain as you kindly suggested in that inimitable TS tone. If you're not allowed to have a camp, and you can drive to Richmond due to budget restrictions, there is a decent chance coaches will try to go. Coaches will likely try to supplement their earnings with camps later in the fall, once that is allowed by their individual schools. Anyway, that hurt trying to use my brain... I'm probably not being rude enough for TS.
                          I will enjoy telling you I told you so. Have a great time in Richmond. It’s lovely in August.

Comment

Richmond in August is a better reason not to go than all the "knowledge" of camps and recruiting you mention before.

Comment

College recruiting budgets are slashed. Schools are struggling with low deposit rates for the incoming class and an overwhelming number of gap year requests to avoid distance learning in the fall. Camps are moneymakers for coaches. Where do you think a majority of coaches will be evaluating potential players the first week of August? Use your brain.
                              Jeff Cup gets mostly east coast schools so many can drive, take the train or a cheap flight. They missed the entire spring and really the summer to keep up with recruiting - either to finish the 2021s or get the 22s ramped up. Many schools aren't allowing any non-school business on campus for now and that might not change any time soon. That means no ID events on campus. Maybe a program can rent a field elsewhere. But once they're in the thick of their season there's little time for ID events.

Comment

02 03 04 boys and girls August 1-3
                                05-10 August 15-16
                                This is being advertised as a summer showcase and a fall kickoff with a new registration date opening June 8. So is this in place of the March / rescheduled to July cup now ?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X