Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Part of the 218-19 GDA presentation mentioned having girls play with boys. More players training with boys than playing in matches but match play too if warranted. Clearly, they think it’s hood for girls. Curious how boys DA feels about it.
    Plenty of girls can out play boys and vice versa. Focus on the player, not the gender.

Comment

Op here, my original post just want to bring to light my own opinion. Yes, there are girls who have skills like boys but once the boys start growing , it ends. It’s a different game . the only person that is benefitting by having a girl on a boys team is the girl. IMO it does not help the boys team at all. Travel Clubs are designed to develop all the players on the team not just one player.

Comment

Plenty of girls can out play boys and vice versa. Focus on the player, not the gender.
        What?

But if I have a u15 boy and he is playing on a boys team , there shouldn’t be any girls past a certain age. They have their own teams. If she is that amazing than have her play with the oldest girl group possible. I’m sure those parents won’t mind.

Comment

What?

But if I have a u15 boy and he is playing on a boys team , there shouldn’t be any girls past a certain age. They have their own teams. If she is that amazing than have her play with the oldest girl group possible. I’m sure those parents won’t mind.
          Age and gender is irrelevant. If she can beat your boy then have him work harder and be glad for the challenge.

Comment

Age and gender is irrelevant. If she can beat your boy then have him work harder and be glad for the challenge.
            Isn’t that the point? On a team scale, where u play 11v11, she will not help at the older ages. If a dumbass parent like me can see it , a coach can too. If u are playing 3v 3 than yea she may dribble past a boy every now and then. We were playing gold division and most of the boys were good. It showed.

Comment

I’m up in the Orlando area , and that was an issue a couple of years ago. Club decided to allow girls to scrimmage with boy til u11 that’s it. Some of the crazier (I mean, more enthusiastic parents ) just took their future hall of famers somewhere else. This year we played an npl team from either Coral Springs or Boca that had a girl on the team . She was good but not sure if she would have been better off playing with the girls. Just MO

Comment

Isn’t that the point? On a team scale, where u play 11v11, she will not help at the older ages. If a dumbass parent like me can see it , a coach can too. If u are playing 3v 3 than yea she may dribble past a boy every now and then. We were playing gold division and most of the boys were good. It showed.
                If she not good enough, she is not good enough. It is because she is not good enough, not because she us female.

When my daughter team outplays the boys it is not because they are boys, it is because they are inferior players.

Comment

I’m up in the Orlando area , and that was an issue a couple of years ago. Club decided to allow girls to scrimmage with boy til u11 that’s it. Some of the crazier (I mean, more enthusiastic parents ) just took their future hall of famers somewhere else. This year we played an npl team from either Coral Springs or Boca that had a girl on the team . She was good but not sure if she would have been better off playing with the girls. Just MO
                  Our clubs doesn’t mix period. Parents from boys sude were pissed that the club was allowing a girl to get time with boys team in return for nothing that benefitted the boys. I think most club are hesitant to allow girls to play with boys at any age, if they have a girls side.

Comment

Our clubs doesn’t mix period. Parents from boys sude were pissed that the club was allowing a girl to get time with boys team in return for nothing that benefitted the boys. I think most club are hesitant to allow girls to play with boys at any age, if they have a girls side.
                    Ugg. Not my club. In our case, disadvantage goes to the girls. Should just be a cares by case basis.

Comment

Coral Springs nor Boca play npl, you are probably thinking of parkland boys. One of their teams has a girl on it . Rolling my 👀

Comment

Coral Springs nor Boca play npl, you are probably thinking of parkland boys. One of their teams has a girl on it . Rolling my 👀
                        the girl that plays for parkland u13 is fire she is the real deal and so is the doc son that is on that team .

Comment

the girl that plays for parkland u13 is fire she is the real deal and so is the doc son that is on that team .
                          omg u arent talking about DT's kid? lol omg, google his name for some entertainment

Comment

THere may be 1-2 girls at the age of 14 that can keep up with quality boys, otherwise they just cant, contrary to what is out there nowadays, girls and boys are very different. they should limit it to u12 and below. Armada doesnt allow it.

Comment

Our clubs doesn’t mix period. Parents from boys sude were pissed that the club was allowing a girl to get time with boys team in return for nothing that benefitted the boys.
                              Good for them. It's about EQUALITY. You can't have girls only teams but not boys only teams.

Comment

THere may be 1-2 girls at the age of 14 that can keep up with quality boys, otherwise they just cant, contrary to what is out there nowadays, girls and boys are very different. they should limit it to u12 and below. Armada doesnt allow it.
                                Total bull. Many boys teams are not competitive with quality girls team at 14 years old. They would have to be a competitive boys team or they will get beat. Have seen it regularly.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X