Trump blames parkland massacre on shooter’s “neighbors and classmates”

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right. And more people will feel the need to keep buying higher powered semi automatic weapons thinking someone will victimize them with one.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Until last week he hadn't really broken any laws. The kid was just a really weird pain in the ass.
      That is just factually incorrect. He pointed a gun at the head of his brother. He pointed a gun at the head of his mother.

That is a two felonies, assault with a deadly weapon.

At the VERY least it is a domestic violence offense.

Any fo those charges would have been sufficient to seize his guns and put him in the system to prevent any additional purchases.

Comment

Law enforcement had their hands tied with Nikolas Cruz, he never committed a crime so what were they supposed to do with him?
        You are so f'n ignorant and I'm tired of the excuses for law enforcement.

HE POINTED A GUN AT HIS BROTHER'S HEAD!
        HE POINTED A GUN AT HIS MOTHER'S HEAD!

That is TWO felonies for Assault with a Deadly Weapon.

He could have also been charged with domestic violence

All those charges would should have resulted in the seizure of his guns and he should have been put in the system to prevent another purchase.

Comment

I don't think you get it. Crazies and murders, crooks ect don't care about LAWS. LAWS are just words to them . They laugh at the people who think that a LAW is going to stop what they do or are getting ready to do. Law abiding citizens obey the law.

Anyway what does insurance have to do with any of this?
          They want to tax guns out of existence by calling it "mandatory insurance".

Comment

Original Point, This Guy is a Sh!%Head! Example. Let me remind myself to say the words I hear you! Absolute idiot. I wonder how much his dad had to dontae to Univ of Penn to get this guy admissions there.

COMPLETE EMBARRASMENT!

Comment

Original Point, This Guy is a Sh!%Head! Example. Let me remind myself to say the words I hear you! Absolute idiot. I wonder how much his dad had to dontae to Univ of Penn to get this guy admissions there.

COMPLETE EMBARRASMENT!
              He should have been more explicit and specific. The blame lies with our liberals neighbors who fight, kick and scream to keep crazy people, career criminals, miscreants, gangsters, terrorists and dangerous deviants out on the street and removed from justice. Thanks hippies! You brighten our world for us, then blame the other side when the stench of your gas reaches the public's nose.

Comment

They want to tax guns out of existence by calling it "mandatory insurance".
                Right on. Just like the way they taxed cars out of existence. Oh, wait...

Comment

No, we were all assured by your Grand Wizard, NRA’s LaPierre that a Good Guy with a gun would be able to stop this from happening. We’ve tried it “your way” and it failed epically.
                  Just like trying to take away all the guns from everybody will fail. Utopia. Dreamland.

Comment

Just like trying to take away all the guns from everybody will fail. Utopia. Dreamland.
                    No one is trying to take away all the guns. Simply & sensibly tax, license & insure - just like cars. Law abiding people will still have guns but gun deaths will go way down. Adapt as you go - Seat belt law saves lives!

Comment

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-35048251
                      All the gun hardware will be stock piled forever in America, but I like the gun control laws enacted in Australia after it had a mass shooting; the laws eliminated mass gun tragedies so far and there was also a drop in other gun related crimes. The government semi-automatic buy back incentive has helped more homes and communities have less guns. In America there will be the right to own guns like in Australia but more gun control laws like a longer waiting period for background checks and having a license to state the reason for the gun ownership.

Comment

Absolutely love to see the companies taking a stand and cutting ties with the NRA. Getting rid of any benefit for NRA members like no credit cards with a NRA logo or no hotel or car rental discounts for being a NRA member.

Comment

On Friday, Governor Scott, proposed new gun control banning firearm sales to anyone under 21 and making it harder for those with mental illness to obtain a gun. The governor called for a trained law enforcement officer for every school, one for every 1,000 students.

Comment

Saw the title of this blog from the obvious CNN watcher. Trump didn’t blame neighbors and classmates but certainly said people could have said more. There’s so much blame to go around here - no follow up by the FBI on mutilple tips. BSO who didn’t do their jobs at the scene, gun laws that allowed someone with psychological issues to buy a gun that has no business in a civilian’s hands and a system that just moved this kid around and actually had him at another local school.

I’m a conservative but for raising the minimum legal age to own a gun, having strict background checks and none of these types of weapons available for sale. We also need to take a harsher stance with habitual offenders of all types to keep these threats to our society off the street.

Comment

On Friday, Governor Scott, proposed new gun control banning firearm sales to anyone under 21 and making it harder for those with mental illness to obtain a gun. The governor called for a trained law enforcement officer for every school, one for every 1,000 students.
                              He's running for office and wisely is reading the mood of the voters

Comment

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-35048251
                                All the gun hardware will be stock piled forever in America, but I like the gun control laws enacted in Australia after it had a mass shooting; the laws eliminated mass gun tragedies so far and there was also a drop in other gun related crimes. The government semi-automatic buy back incentive has helped more homes and communities have less guns. In America there will be the right to own guns like in Australia but more gun control laws like a longer waiting period for background checks and having a license to state the reason for the gun ownership.
                                They shouldn't be a non profit. It started with good intentions but it has morphed into a political and lobbying organization

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X