Smart Merger

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really much here. Now the coaches chat about Chargers DA to the top players rather than TBU....

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Not really much here. Now the coaches chat about Chargers DA to the top players rather than TBU....
      Agree there is not much really here. Reminds of the Chargers press release a year ago and look how that turned out. OC was kicked over to a High School and nobody bothered to call the Chargers to let then know.

So I guess now the "pathway" for a kid playing for FPFC is to get the attention of Charger's DA, then get the attention of the High School DA program near Orlando who will then help him get the attention of OC B team and then OC A team?

I think these "pathways" are over-rated. The modern "pathway" is 2 coaches with cell phones.

Tampa Bay, Fla. (April 5, 2017) - Chargers Soccer Club partners with Orlando City SC, one of the most up and coming professional MLS clubs in the U.S. The partnership will offer Chargers elevated player development and identification opportunities to both its boys and girls youth soccer programs. The Chargers' most advanced players will be able to continue their elite development through the Orlando City SC U.S. Soccer Development Academy and eventually work their way to Orlando City B and the First Team.

"We're thrilled to be partners of such a prestigious MLS Club," Chargers SC Academy Director Roberto Lopez said. "It provides our players with a pathway to professional soccer in the United States. Over the years, Chargers SC has produced top professional and national team players and now we can channel all our energy to help accelerate that process and help Orlando identify and develop young talented players."

Comment

Agree there is not much really here. Reminds of the Chargers press release a year ago and look how that turned out. OC was kicked over to a High School and nobody bothered to call the Chargers to let then know.

So I guess now the "pathway" for a kid playing for FPFC is to get the attention of Charger's DA, then get the attention of the High School DA program near Orlando who will then help him get the attention of OC B team and then OC A team?

I think these "pathways" are over-rated. The modern "pathway" is 2 coaches with cell phones.

Tampa Bay, Fla. (April 5, 2017) - Chargers Soccer Club partners with Orlando City SC, one of the most up and coming professional MLS clubs in the U.S. The partnership will offer Chargers elevated player development and identification opportunities to both its boys and girls youth soccer programs. The Chargers' most advanced players will be able to continue their elite development through the Orlando City SC U.S. Soccer Development Academy and eventually work their way to Orlando City B and the First Team.

"We're thrilled to be partners of such a prestigious MLS Club," Chargers SC Academy Director Roberto Lopez said. "It provides our players with a pathway to professional soccer in the United States. Over the years, Chargers SC has produced top professional and national team players and now we can channel all our energy to help accelerate that process and help Orlando identify and develop young talented players."
        There is no OC B team anymore, and if you think the pathway is overrated tell US Soccer because it's what they want. Only people upset with this partnership is CS and the TBU staff who have been lurking at west pasco fields for weeks trying to do the same thing.

Comment

I guess I don't get any of this. Are there a lot of top players in West Pasco (FL Premier). I have never noticed that there are. Maybe I am wrong. I guess it would be a power play against TBU and WFF, since their coaches would be in communication with the Chargers coaches and they would be pushing any good players to the Chargers DA. That is some long drive to Lakewood Ranch though, wow, if they live up there.

Comment

I guess I don't get any of this. Are there a lot of top players in West Pasco (FL Premier). I have never noticed that there are. Maybe I am wrong. I guess it would be a power play against TBU and WFF, since their coaches would be in communication with the Chargers coaches and they would be pushing any good players to the Chargers DA. That is some long drive to Lakewood Ranch though, wow, if they live up there.
            At the U14 and under groups on the boys side, Florida Premier probably has more top players than any other Tampa Bay area club. They also have supplied some of the top players to the Charger's DA in the last few years. The Chargers want that to continue and TBU wanted a piece of that.

Comment

At the U14 and under groups on the boys side, Florida Premier probably has more top players than any other Tampa Bay area club. They also have supplied some of the top players to the Charger's DA in the last few years. The Chargers want that to continue and TBU wanted a piece of that.
              Says who, more top players in the tampa bay area? Say who? The Dad of a kid at West Pasco/FL Premier. Like I said, I have never seen much talent come out of West Pasco. How many players right now in the DA program are from West Pasco?

Comment

Not judging by their rankings, you don't.

Comment

Not judging by their rankings, you don't.
                  rankings at U11-U14, i mean if that's how you want to judge ok. But, 07's, 06's and 04's are all top 10 in rankings i believe so like the guy said, for younger teams and talent is what CLW and TBU wanted.

Comment

Says who, more top players in the tampa bay area? Say who? The Dad of a kid at West Pasco/FL Premier. Like I said, I have never seen much talent come out of West Pasco. How many players right now in the DA program are from West Pasco?
                    They recently celebrated one of their DA players going to play in Spain who came from there.
                    https://twitter.com/ChargersDA/statu...55608420966402

The top goal scorer on the 04 DA team game from there. The starting keeper on the 03 team came from there.... there are others and have been over the last decade. And they are not the biggest club around either and the academy and junior teams are where they have been doing well of late.

Comment

The strongest players to TBU usually come from Lutz Rangers too. They recruit well, they don't develop.

They recently celebrated one of their DA players going to play in Spain who came from there.
                      https://twitter.com/ChargersDA/statu...55608420966402

The top goal scorer on the 04 DA team game from there. The starting keeper on the 03 team came from there.... there are others and have been over the last decade. And they are not the biggest club around either and the academy and junior teams are where they have been doing well of late.

Comment

It's a symbolic gesture more than anything that won't last long. Anyone who has dealt with Peter from Chargers knows that all their "collaborations" are short lived.

Comment

I heard the U14 team coached by Gramatica just won top division at weston cup this past weekend. Must be some talent there.

Comment

I heard the U14 team coached by Gramatica just won top division at weston cup this past weekend. Must be some talent there.
                            Who cares...if those boys are that good, they will be at CC or back at TBU by U16.

Comment

hahahahahaha pipe smoker

Comment

Martin "defected " from TBU with that team because he was told he couldn't coach them all the way through U18. Glad he is having success but those boys will scatter.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X