Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not for profit clubs be sold?

Heard a certain large club on the west side that likes to wear blue is for sale. What would a non profit be sold for? What do you actually buy? How much would you pay for the club

Non-profits cannot be sold

Comment

Must be sold at a loss.

Comment

They can sell all their stuff including player lists. But the money has to stay in a non-profit or get donated to a qualified cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Heard a certain large club on the west side that likes to wear blue is for sale. What would a non profit be sold for? What do you actually buy? How much would you pay for the club
          West side of where?

Comment

West side of where?
            west side of Oklahoma, what do you think

Comment

Does it actually have "west" in the club name?

Comment

West side of Orlando ryhmes with Hush

Comment

West side of Orlando ryhmes with Hush
                  Rush is for profit.

Comment

Rush is for profit.
                    Rush is a franchise. Franchisee can sell it just like one would a Dunkin Donuts

Comment

Rush is a franchise. Franchisee can sell it just like one would a Dunkin Donuts
                      How silly am I all along I thought they were non profit. I am certain many families that write big checks for scholarship money think the same.

Comment

How silly am I all along I thought they were non profit. I am certain many families that write big checks for scholarship money think the same.
                        More clubs are for profit than non profit. Setting it up as a non profit has some advantages, but also comes with many drawbacks; you have to have a board, hold meetings, prepare very detailed tax documentation each and every year, and your filing is public domain. Most club owners don't want anyone knowing their business. I don't know the details of that Rush branch's set up - it could be non profit - but unless parents got a from saying it was a legit charitable donation then all they did was help the club's bottom line by not having to eat the fees for a few stud players.

There are many websites that help you track down charitable 990s. If there isn't one filed then either it's a for profit or they're breaking the law and not filing.

Comment

More clubs are for profit than non profit. Setting it up as a non profit has some advantages, but also comes with many drawbacks; you have to have a board, hold meetings, prepare very detailed tax documentation each and every year, and your filing is public domain. Most club owners don't want anyone knowing their business. I don't know the details of that Rush branch's set up - it could be non profit - but unless parents got a from saying it was a legit charitable donation then all they did was help the club's bottom line by not having to eat the fees for a few stud players.

There are many websites that help you track down charitable 990s. If there isn't one filed then either it's a for profit or they're breaking the law and not filing.
                          Rush is for profit. So is GPS and OC. Not sure about FKK.

Comment

Rush is for profit. So is GPS and OC. Not sure about FKK.
                            FKK is for profit.

Comment

They can sell all their stuff including player lists. But the money has to stay in a non-profit or get donated to a qualified cause.
                              Sell the player list and get them for poaching

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X