Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm calling B.S. You can accuse FYSA of a lot of things but they are too disorganized for "organized crime." They may have written some funky rules (they do a lot of that) but there is no way they are "point shaving" to benefit one local team over another.
    Not only do they write funky rules, they do not enforce them.
    FYSA decides to save the team of 1 of their officers kid when the math Does not add up.
    Meanwhile Oldsmar and Space Coast get the shaft when they had more points in group play.
    The "only 3 teams in 1 group" is very lame. This interpretation
    Is after the fact and the results

Comment

New plan! Everyone calls the FYSA Office to get the direct answers!

Comment

1. Take deep breath
        2. Say out loud, "This is for youth soccer."
        3. Take another deep breath.
        4. If you are not back to reality at this stage, place head inside door opening and slam door against head.
        5. Repeat #4 until head is clear

Comment

FYSA decides to save the team of 1 of their officers kid when the math Does not add up.
          Meanwhile Oldsmar and Space Coast get the shaft when they had more points in group play.

It's PPG, go ahead and call FYSA for confirmation...

Do you propose another way to decide unbalanced number of games

Comment

Perfect fix

How about this? We don't have any State Competitions or Tournaments that track wins and losses until 13 or 14 when they are actually playing real 11v11 soccer? Play the games in a festival format.

Comment

It's PPG, go ahead and call FYSA for confirmation...

Do you propose another way to decide unbalanced number of games
              ECNL does it the same as FYSA: PPG.

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....ast-standings/

Example: current U15 standings in the SE Divsion

Rank #1 - Armada Youth Academy
              Games played = 10
              W-8, L-1, D-1, points = 25 and PPG = 2.50

Rank #2 - GSA
              Games played = 18
              W-14, L-2, D-2, points = 44 and PPG = 2.44

At first glance you would say GSA should be ranked higher - they won 14 games compared to Armada's 8 wins. But when you "normalize" it by Points Per Game (PPG), Armada is ranked higher and would be seeded better if the playoffs started tomorrow.

A common mistake is to think that Points Per Game (PPG) is referring to the average goals per game. I's not. It refers to W = 3 points, L = 0 points and D = 1 point. So PPG = total points divided by total games.

Don't mean to state the obvious, but judging from the debate on here about how FYSA handled this situation is obvious some people don't understand this.

Comment

PPG vs Most Points

I have no problem with the PPG rules and application, however, dont state its based on MOST POINTS in the rules and tell everyone later its based on PPG.....

Pretty Simple.

Comment

Common Sense

I have no problem with the PPG rules and application, however, dont state its based on MOST POINTS in the rules and tell everyone later its based on PPG.....

Pretty Simple.
                  Why would you think it's total points knowing that your team has an extra game? Are you that entitled that you think you deserve an extra edge?

Pretty Simple.

Comment

Why would you think it's total points knowing that your team has an extra game? Are you that entitled that you think you deserve an extra edge?

Pretty Simple.
                    you didn't answer the posters question.
                    FYSA should post what the deciding factor is and STICK to it
                    plain and simple, they did not and we all know the 3 letters why.
                    TBU and MOM

Comment

you didn't answer the posters question.
                      FYSA should post what the deciding factor is and STICK to it
                      plain and simple, they did not and we all know the 3 letters why.
                      TBU and MOM
                      What is the posters question? BTW, I think you listed 6 letters not 3.

Comment

What is the posters question? BTW, I think you listed 6 letters not 3.
                        2 words with 3 letters each. Another fysa official who cannot justify their mistake.
                        ECNL posts the full information and point system method.
                        FYSA did not

Comment

talk to fysa

they applied the common sense process

they posted a less thought out process

so they will make it 'right'

the best decision at this point in time, just an ugly look

Comment

We all know FSYA doesn't make the best decision. However, if your team wins all 3 games, we would not be having this conversation. So get over it!!!

Comment

I am sure FYSA probably didn’t make the rules as clear as they should have. I honestly didn’t look but I can tell you for as long as I can remember it has always been PPG. I can't think of any other fair way to do it. How would you like to be a team playing 2 games trying to compete with other teams that get to play 3? It is unfortunate that you were confused by the poor documentation. I am by FAR not an FYSA fan but I don’t see any conspiracy here.

Comment

talk to fysa

they applied the common sense process

they posted a less thought out process

so they will make it 'right'

the best decision at this point in time, just an ugly look
                                how will they make it right?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X