Valencia CF Soccer Academy NY Tryouts Schedule

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends - it's one thing to get a pair of shorts and two flimsy shirts. It's another to get full home and away kits, backpack, warm ups etc. All depends on what is included. If you buy a bit large then it should last you two years, the normal shelf life for uniforms until clubs typically swap them out (or your kid grows out of it).

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Depends - it's one thing to get a pair of shorts and two flimsy shirts. It's another to get full home and away kits, backpack, warm ups etc. All depends on what is included. If you buy a bit large then it should last you two years, the normal shelf life for uniforms until clubs typically swap them out (or your kid grows out of it).
      It's absurd no matter what is included. This is youth soccer.

That being said, it doesn't affect me one way or the other because my kid plays for a different club. If you want to pay that, it's your business.

Comment

It's absurd no matter what is included. This is youth soccer.

That being said, it doesn't affect me one way or the other because my kid plays for a different club. If you want to pay that, it's your business.
        Most clubs only require you to buy home and away uniform and make the rest optional, especially the warmups. Kids usually want the same backpack all their teammates have. At the older ages $300+ is pretty common by the time you add it all up, but it should get you through two years.

Comment

If you're upset about uniform costs, complain to your club. They're the ones that select everything as well as the online or in store retailer.

Comment

According to the website your getting a home and away kit, training kit, and tracksuit. ADIDAS is the uniform supplier.

Comment

I agree $379 is a bit much

Comment

the warm up jacket and pants are where they truly get you. my kid was required to get one and never wears it

Comment

the warm up jacket and pants are where they truly get you. my kid was required to get one and never wears it
                  I wouldn't say they "get you," that's how much Adidas stuff cost. Your kid may not want to wear the warm-up, my kid wants it to be his year round winter jacket. If one kid wears it, they all need to have it. The truth is the kids do look sharp in them.

Comment

OUR club includes all this in the annual fee.

Comment

Hey, at least we know stuff about Valencia. I know where his practice and games are. I know what nights and what times he is practicing. I know how to get his uniforms. When the leagues figure out the scheduling I'll know that too.

Comment

I think the track suit and jacket should be optional. They are not really needed and drive the cost up considerably but we dont make the rules

Comment

Did anyone get the VCF uniforms yet?
                          Do they send them to us or do we pick them up?

Comment

I think the track suit and jacket should be optional. They are not really needed and drive the cost up considerably but we dont make the rules
                            I've never been at a club that required it, always optional. The kids like the jackets (one of mine wars his to school a lot) but never wear the pants. We skip that. I could care less if the backpack is from two years ago - if it looks similar I'm not buying a new one.

Comment

This applies to '01, '02 and '03

So, EDP just updated to show Valencia to 'Yes' as accepted. With the Preferred division being
                              EDP #1 for Black and EDP #2 for White. Earlier they were listed with 'No' as accepted on the applied team list.

Does this mean the team is accepted in to EDP, but not (necessarily) that they were accepted in to the division requested? EDP has never placed a new team in Div 1, and rarely even in to Div 2. You start in 'Premier' (ie: MAPS) and then move up if you do well. Anyone in the know, actually know?

Comment

This applies to '01, '02 and '03

So, EDP just updated to show Valencia to 'Yes' as accepted. With the Preferred division being
                                EDP #1 for Black and EDP #2 for White. Earlier they were listed with 'No' as accepted on the applied team list.

Does this mean the team is accepted in to EDP, but not (necessarily) that they were accepted in to the division requested? EDP has never placed a new team in Div 1, and rarely even in to Div 2. You start in 'Premier' (ie: MAPS) and then move up if you do well. Anyone in the know, actually know?
                                this is what they told us at the 'kickoff meeting' black would be div 1 edp..white div 2 edp.

so in line with that they said.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X