Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BU Pre academy teams at Weston

How can you call a team pre academy if you can not win a game in bronze division?

Why is money printed on green paper?

Comment

MISS GOOD OLD DAYS WINNING SILVER DIVISION
      Feb, 2017
      U12 Boys Pre-Academy 1 Wins Weston Cup Championship
      Boca United U12 Boys Pre Academy 1 had an uphill battle as it lost its first game 4-3. Going into the second game on day two the boys knew they had to win to stay alive and won the second game 2-1 in the last minute of the game.

Going into its third game the boys knew they had to win by two clear goals to have a chance at an overall wildcard spot to make the semifinals. They ended up beating Weston FC 2005 Boys 2-0 in a thrilling match.

"One of the people from the tournament called it the best game of the day," according to coach Chris Sousa.

Boca United was now tied with another team from another group on a three way tie breaker and had to show up for penalty kicks before the semifinals to determine who would play in that game. Boca United won the penalty shootout 4-2 as Ethan Litten the goal keeper came up with a big save to put us ahead early.

After advancing from the penalty shootout, Boca United now faced Tropical Soccer directly after in the semifinal game and won that game 3-0. Boca United now faced Weston FC 2005 again in the finals and was crowned champions after a dominating performance 6-0. Coach Sousa says “it was an incredible weekend for the boys” We displayed some great football throughout the weekend and really played with a lot of heart and guts as our backs were against the wall after the first game loss. I couldn’t be prouder of how we handled the challenge. It was truly outstanding.

One for the memory books Coach Sousa Says. “I’ve seen a lot of youth football in my time, but what these kids pulled off this weekend and how they did it was something very special that doesn’t happen all the time”. So proud of every player in the group.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X