Can not for profit clubs be sold?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whole thing is weird using public parks paid for by the taxpayers.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The whole thing is weird using public parks paid for by the taxpayers.
      Ours rents the field space to all kinds of sports groups. Town programs get priority first and any time open after that can be rented (have to file insurance paperwork). the town gets some $ for idle time.

Comment

Ours rents the field space to all kinds of sports groups. Town programs get priority first and any time open after that can be rented (have to file insurance paperwork). the town gets some $ for idle time.
        Yeah, right. They give them exclusive rights to book up all the fields even when they aren't using them and to ban the kids who live across the street from walking over and playing on the fields on their own.

Comment

Yeah, right. They give them exclusive rights to book up all the fields even when they aren't using them and to ban the kids who live across the street from walking over and playing on the fields on their own.
          op here - not our town. Town first, they block off their times for the season then whatever is left can be rented. Some club dad a few years ago tried to finagle a deal with his kids' club and it didn't go over well with people in town. Letters to the paper, etc. He quickly disappeared and funny enough his kid isn't even playing any longer

Comment

Meant to add that an unfortunate result of our very litigious society is kids often are chased away from town parks. There's always something in town available except during peak times Saturday and Sunday, and most of it is town sports teams

Comment

Then why did I get chased out of a public county park by a deputy sheriff for playing soccer on an empty soccer field during the park's stated opening hours?

Comment

Then why did I get chased out of a public county park by a deputy sheriff for playing soccer on an empty soccer field during the park's stated opening hours?
                This happened to my family as well. I was on the field with my family for 15 minutes when two deputies showed up. The response time was amazing for playing soccer in a public park. The deputies threatened trespassing. I said that would be great so I bring this matter before a judge. I also asked for their business cards. Both deputies left quickly without giving me a business card. This is an example of the county allowing soccer clubs to act as private owners of a tax paid park.

Comment

This happened to my family as well. I was on the field with my family for 15 minutes when two deputies showed up. The response time was amazing for playing soccer in a public park. The deputies threatened trespassing. I said that would be great so I bring this matter before a judge. I also asked for their business cards. Both deputies left quickly without giving me a business card. This is an example of the county allowing soccer clubs to act as private owners of a tax paid park.

No its an example of liability lawyers ruining everything. That's why towns limit park use.

Comment

No its an example of liability lawyers ruining everything. That's why towns limit park use.
                    One clue to what is wrong with our youth and culture. Access to public, safe parks increases a community's overall health. If each street or neighborhoods was close to a safe park you would see more kids out playing soccer and other sports. There is of course more to it than that but safe public parks for kids and families is important.

Comment

Well, that's bull****. The limits on uses (and trust me I've been through this in West Palm Beach) have nothing to do with lawyers. They have to do with the "privitization" of public facilities by municipalities and counties. We had issues at both South Olive and Dyer on this. Each time we were chased off by a PBSO "Park Ranger". When we called the county and asked why they explained that the county made money leasing those fields to different organizations and per the leases were required to maintain the fields at a certain level and that if everyone and their kids played on them then they would not be in a condition fit to rent.

Comment

Well, that's bull****. The limits on uses (and trust me I've been through this in West Palm Beach) have nothing to do with lawyers. They have to do with the "privitization" of public facilities by municipalities and counties. We had issues at both South Olive and Dyer on this. Each time we were chased off by a PBSO "Park Ranger". When we called the county and asked why they explained that the county made money leasing those fields to different organizations and per the leases were required to maintain the fields at a certain level and that if everyone and their kids played on them then they would not be in a condition fit to rent.
                        Typical TS poster - thinks what happens to him happens to everyone

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X