Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry is lying, Susa's Numbers Are Way Down

Yesterday Larry said Susa's numbers are up. Also some dumb comment that they are closer to 100 teams than 0 which means they could have 51 and try to make it sound impressive.

Here are facts I have from a confidential source:

1. Their numbers overall are way down, primarily on the boys side losing a lot of players to FCB and VCF to a smaller extent. This is key because these kids were paying several thousand a year in fees Susa was counting on for the financial success of their complex.

2. They act as registrar for US club in several clubs and count them as their players and teams often when they have nothing to do with Susa at all. They have misrepresented their numbers on applications the past several years.

3. The teams overall are weaker on the boys side. The attrition has led to quality players leaving while replacing them with former C/D team players. They won't even have C/D teams in some age groups due to the push through.

4. They continue to bring in teams with no economic benefit to the club. These teams keep their trainers and Susa doesn't earn anything from the teams other than the optics of looking like a bigger club than they really are. (They do sell them a uniform)

These are all facts that you will see this upcoming year. I have nothing against them but I felt Larry was outright lying and that needed to be pointed out so people make decisions on facts which is hard to do reading BOTN.

Shocking - LM not being truthful or biased ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Yesterday Larry said Susa's numbers are up. Also some dumb comment that they are closer to 100 teams than 0 which means they could have 51 and try to make it sound impressive.

1. Their numbers overall are way down, primarily on the boys side losing a lot of players to FCB and VCF to a smaller extent. This is key because these kids were paying several thousand a year in fees Susa was counting on for the financial success of their complex.

2. They act as registrar for US club in several clubs and count them as their players and teams often when they have nothing to do with Susa at all. They have misrepresented their numbers on applications the past several years.

3. The teams overall are weaker on the boys side. The attrition has led to quality players leaving while replacing them with former C/D team players. They won't even have C/D teams in some age groups due to the push through.

4. They continue to bring in teams with no economic benefit to the club. These teams keep their trainers and Susa doesn't earn anything from the teams other than the optics of looking like a bigger club than they really are. (They do sell them a uniform)

These are all facts that you will see this upcoming year. I have nothing against them but I felt Larry was outright lying and that needed to be pointed out so people make decisions on facts which is hard to do reading BOTN.
      No offense, but for someone who claims to have "nothing against them" you seem to have spent your time and energy conjuring up a lengthy post with info from a "confidential source" (no comment on the ridiculousness of that) in an effort to disparage them. Weird, when I don't have anything against a club or team, I don't say anything at all.

Comment

No offense, but for someone who claims to have "nothing against them" you seem to have spent your time and energy conjuring up a lengthy post with info from a "confidential source" (no comment on the ridiculousness of that) in an effort to disparage them. Weird, when I don't have anything against a club or team, I don't say anything at all.
        I think the points are what they are and they said it was more about Larry misleading people. This board is full of anti-Larry people.

Comment

I think the poster was more intent to call LM out on his "alternative facts" and that it can be detrimental to people who believe him and base decisions on what they read on BOTN. He's not doing clubs any favors, unless of course they are content using him as their mouthpiece

Comment

Thanks for the update. It gives more insight into the operation. We all know Larry is lying about their numbers not being down.

How could they not be with all of the competition. It's all a zero sum gain, when new clubs come on the scene. The players have to come from somewhere

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X